Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been spamming Twitter the last two hours. Any high profile fan boy posting I put the following.

“I bought Tesla Solar & Powerwalls in 2019. I ordered my Tesla Model X in 2020 but Tesla won’t build my car as the profit margin is low compared to new orders which they are building. Don’t blame me for not driving EV. Blame my greedy vendor. I would love to have a 😊but I’m 🤬

Probably a waste of time, but what else am I gonna do.

I'm a little confused.. My X was built 1/27. No doubt it has 'Radar'. Does this mean I also have Vision? So going forward X/S just won't have radar anymore right?
That's right.. Future X/S will be vision only. However, I am not sure if they will add additional cameras in lieu of radar or they will use the same camera and optimize the FSD using the software. My 2022 (Nov 21 build) Model Y is vision only but that's limiting Autosteer to 80 MPH which is very annoying for long drive situation

I’ve been spamming Twitter the last two hours. Any high profile fan boy posting I put the following.

“I bought Tesla Solar & Powerwalls in 2019. I ordered my Tesla Model X in 2020 but Tesla won’t build my car as the profit margin is low compared to new orders which they are building. Don’t blame me for not driving EV. Blame my greedy vendor. I would love to have a 😊but I’m 🤬

Don’t try it with Sawyer Merritt, he already had his one criticism of Tesla for the year

That's right.. Future X/S will be vision only. However, I am not sure if they will add additional cameras in lieu of radar or they will use the same camera and optimize the FSD using the software. My 2022 (Nov 21 build) Model Y is vision only but that's limiting Autosteer to 80 MPH which is very annoying for long drive situation
I wonder if the increased energy consumption when traveling at higher speed (e.g., 90 vs 80mph) would require more charging time, and total travel time is actually longer for "long drive situation".
main-qimg-fdbc7de54fdab7f44de4b90891750920-pjlq

My delivery went well today, not perfect, but well enough. The good: Car is terrific and was almost perfect, just 10 miles on it, got the old tail light set up with the black bar, all of which I wanted. The bad: the car prep was crap. they fixed the panel gap issues I identified the day before, but there was still a fair degree of shipping tape and other crap all over it. they were embarrassed and took in the back and detailed it agin, probably getting 3/4's of the tape and other issues addressed. Nothing I can't handle on my own but seriously they can't prep a 120k car. Anyway, the guys were incredibly nice about it all, just obviously overworked/ under staffed given the volume that they are dealing with. The only issue other than cleaning that couldn't be addressed was a broken interior trim piece on a FWD that they will need to do a home service for at some point...

The car is a dream to drive. Incredibly quiet and smooth and handles much tighter than the old X. Also much quieter, air suspension much improved. The yoke will always be a PITA in tight turning situations but everything is a trade off and I do really like it over a regular wheel 99% of the time im driving, so for me it seems like a good trade off. I probably wouldn't take a wheel if offered to switch. Very fast. It jumps to 50 0r 60 so quick yet the car is so big, its surprising when you look down at the speedometer and see how fast you are going.... it feels slower than my AWD iD4, when in fact it is of course much faster... so that's both good and bad...

I still have a lot to learn about the car. but off to a good start....

I'm a little confused.. My X was built 1/27. No doubt it has 'Radar'. Does this mean I also have Vision? So going forward X/S just won't have radar anymore right?
I’ve posted this elsewhere, but all Teslas at least since 2018, have the hardware required for Tesla Vision. Vision is actually a software feature using the hardware suite than has been delivered in all Tesla vehicles for years. If your car is equipped with radar, it will be disabled in software.

Reactions: UCF3

Honestly, I think we probably have to walk away from the profit margin conspiracy theories. Its just too easy to disprove. FSD is 100% profit margin for them and they do not appear to be giving priority to FSD cars. Also in general, while there are some outliers they don't appear to be giving priority to newer orders over pre-refresh prices. The Plaid has priority over the LR. While I don't like it (and especially to the extent they appear to be taking it... I could see a 3 month difference, but not the 6-9 month difference) I sorta get it. For LR 6 seater has absolute priority because they aren't doing 5 and 7. I don't think that has to do with profit margin as I assume the profit margin on the 7 is better than the 6.

If you want to argue, to me the best argument's are:

1) Tesla knowingly sold cars to people (pre-refresh) which were no longer being manufactured, and a price they knew they wouldn't honor and with a delivery date they knew they could not honor.

2) Tesla "upgraded" a series of 5/7 preorders to 6 seater for an additional cost with a promise of delivery by end of the year, they did not meet this deadline in many cases and no longer appear to be taking this promise seriously, even though they will be taking peoples money

3) Through the X fiasco Tesla has repeatidly provided extremely optomistic to knowingly false delivery estimates to customers, and continue to do so.

4) Tesla has failed to proactively communicate with model X orders, and when the customer contact them little to know information is given.

5) Tesla currently has a large number of people who have been waiting over a year for a car that was promised to them in 2-3 months, and not as a pre-order but as part of a routine production build. In many cases right now the best Tesla is willing to do is "Maybe July". Pre-refresh people were promised to be in a priority queue and get the "first ones out" and clearly this is not the case. Clearly a year (and looking at 18 months) is not acceptable... does Tesla acknowledge this situation and are they doing anything specific to remedy it and when should these people expect their cars?

6) It is not clear Tesla is commited to the 5/7 seater LR configuration short, medium or long term. The expectation of most is they are kicking the can down the road hoping the "3 seat bench fairy" arrives before they burn through a reasonable number of 6 seater backlog, at which point they will force 5/7 seater customers to the 6 seat configuration. Is Tesla committed to full-filling 5/7 seat orders in the short term, and if so when should we expect them. If not, when will Tesla be informing customers they need to switch, and will they raise prices on the 5 seater people to "upgrade" to a configuration many find inferior.

No need for conspiracy theories on profit margin... the above are much more damning. Its not about profit, its about neglect.