Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is getting real for me. I ordered an X a year ago, and delivery has routinely been pushed out. Last week I had a July delivery date, but a few days ago it was changed to March 26-April 6, with no VIN#
Yesterday Tesla reached out to me to see if I was interested in trading in my previous X. This make me feel tha perhaps I really might be getting a car within the next several weeks...Joy!

This is for a White/Tan 5 seater.

It looks like someone or some people keep putting future delivery dates in the Delivery Date column. I keep having to clear them out. Please stop doing that and use the notes column instead. Several places in the sheet treat a value in the Delivery Date column as the car actually being delivered, even though they haven't yet. And we all know that until the car is signed off on by the customer that these dates are pretty flexible :)

D8109D09-AD69-4E8D-B6EE-BD8E31C6078E.jpeg

My delivery was delayed due to a trucking issue but the car finally showed up to my local service center this morning. My delivery is now next Tuesday. It looks great, but I noticed this bubbling/drip mark at the top of the tailgate arm where it meets the FWD. I looked at two other white X’s and they seem to share this issue. I reported it but not sure what they will do to fix it. Has anyone else noticed this?

Ignore the obvious FWD alignment issue, this car has not even been inspected by them yet. Otherwise the car looks great from the outside, panels line up pretty well. Has new tail lights and charge port.
F4A8314D-1CA3-412B-806D-444A0B322B0E.jpeg

I had posted yesterday about being very nervous about my delivery appointment due to all of the issues reported in this thread. But it all worked out. There were no significant issues with the inspection, the delivery guy helped me and was very patient. Took about 40 mins to check everything. There is a wider panel gap on the LH FWD vs the RH, but it's not that noticeable and the doors work perfectly, no rubbing or squeaking or anything. I'll make a ticket and get it fixed but it wasn't going to stop me from taking delivery.

Issues noticed after delivery:
Phantom braking on Autopilot is horrendous, not a delivery issue obviously, but a big deal because it makes autopilot useless
Dash cam does not work, the USB drive that came with the car is faulty and/or software for this is currently bugged
Can't watch sentry videos (probably related to the dash cam issue)
Can't figure out some settings, like my mirrors automatically folding when I'm trying to back up into my garage.

Attachments

• IMG_1708.JPG
    IMG_1708.JPG
    748.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1712.JPG
    IMG_1712.JPG
    900 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1714.JPG
    IMG_1714.JPG
    381 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1716.JPG
    IMG_1716.JPG
    354.6 KB · Views: 76
I just got a VIN assigned and my EDD is still TBD. I'm so confused. MXLR 5 seat, white, tan. I guess I'll call the dealership and see if I can get some information on delivery. I'm sort of in shock.

Update: I now have a delivery appointment on March 30. They won't let me push it until the 31st even though the car won't be arriving until the 28th. My head is spinning. I ordered 478 days ago and haven't had an EDD for over 2 months.

Last edited:
I had posted yesterday about being very nervous about my delivery appointment due to all of the issues reported in this thread. But it all worked out. There were no significant issues with the inspection, the delivery guy helped me and was very patient. Took about 40 mins to check everything. There is a wider panel gap on the LH FWD vs the RH, but it's not that noticeable and the doors work perfectly, no rubbing or squeaking or anything. I'll make a ticket and get it fixed but it wasn't going to stop me from taking delivery.

Phantom braking on Autopilot is horrendous, not a delivery issue obviously, but a big deal because it makes autopilot useless
Dash cam does not work, the USB drive that came with the car is faulty and/or software for this is currently bugged
Can't figure out some settings, like my mirrors automatically folding when I'm trying to back up into my garage.

Please make sure to file an NHTSA complaint for the phantom braking.

I really, really, really loath Tesla management.

ME: Hi Tesla, I see I now have a EDD of 3/28 - 4/1. I will be in on 4/1 to take delivery.

TESLA : Please go into your app and select a delivery date. 3/27 - 3/29.

ME: I can’t, the Service Center says the car won’t arrive until 3/28 and they need to prep the car for deliver. I have work obligations on 3/29-3/31 so II’ll be in on 4/1 to take deliver.

TESLA: You have received notifications that your car is in transit, you must select a delivery date in the next few hours or your VIN will be reassigned.

ME: I can’t, the Service Center says the car won’t arrive until 3/28 and they need to prep the car for delivery. I have work obligations on 3/29-3/31 so II’ll be in on 4/1 to take deliver.

TESLA: If you do not accept delivery by 3/31 your VIN will be reassigned.

ME: If the car is delayed and does not arrive until 3/31 and can’t be delivered to me will you still reassign my VIN

TESLA : No

ME : So you make me wait 470 days for this car and if I make you wait one single day you’ll reassign my VIN?

TESLA : YES

ME : God I hate you people!

Not surprising.

End of quarter push. Very few buyers, if any, will have success pushing delivery to 4/1 (Q2).

Not surprising.

End of quarter push. Very few buyers, if any, will have success pushing delivery to 4/1 (Q2).
Agreed, best to take the 3/31 delivery date and just push it to 4/1 on that day or let Tesla screw up the logistics and let it be delayed due to their own incompetence. My car was supposed to be delivered on Tuesday. I even got a call and text that the appointment was confirmed. Only when I called them on Monday afternoon did they admit the car wasn’t even there, but stuck in a railroad logistics lot.

Beautiful car!
Do you mind sharing the next 3 digits of your VIN after NF?

Wow! That was fast - July turned to VIN a couple of days ago, and the car is ready for delivery this week! 🎉

But they give me only the choice of 3 days for delivering to my home. How can I switch to picking it up at the dealership?
They called me in a minute and spoiled everything! What customer service! It's just a piece of sh*t!

So, they called me and told me that I have to pay for the car immediately and pick it up within 2 hours. Otherwise, they are going to give my VIN to someone else because they do not have space to store my car. That's pure blackmail!

It's going to take at least one business day for me to move the funds from the investment account to the checking account. So, I can't pay and pick up the car within hours.

I still have an option to schedule a home delivery later this week. Will it help to protect me from losing my VIN?