Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have this issue on their X?
The passenger rear seat doesn't seem to move anymore. Happened after the update

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    595 KB · Views: 141
We have known that Tesla prioritizes higher profit margin deliveries, and that adding FSD bumps up your EDD on the M3/MY (not MX).. but I just today noticed this verbiage above the FSD button on my MX order.

"Removing FSD will delay delivery"

View attachment 786382

Interestingly, there is only a 2% margin of deliveries in our tracking.

View attachment 786383

*Edit: But a 5% margin on VINs. The number might be too small to make a significant conclusion but the FSD prioritization may be a newer initiative.

Your question was answered earlier, but wanted to confirm that Tesla closed the loop hole on adding and removing FSD to speed up delivery. There’s a Reddit thread on it.

Sure it’s margins, but I also take it as indication that Elon continually raising the pricing while simultaneously claiming FSD is an appreciating asset finally triggered a lightbulb for some.

Summon, auto-park, and Nav on AP functionality have remained the same for years. I won’t describe my opinion on them bc you already know :)

P.S. thanks for all the work you’re doing with the sheet!

Pretty big range difference. The 20" are already low profile. The 22s are just a bit too close to the rubber band look for my taste. Ride comfort is better with the 20s. If you're going to the track, the 20s offer less rotational mass. Brooks at Dragtimes claims the 20s are faster than the 22s. Not sure if that's really true.

If the 22s had been a free option, I still would have chosen the 20s.
Same. I'd choose the 20s even if the 22s weren't more money.

Longtime lurker, first time poster, but wanted to share a newly confirmed 5-seat delivery date.

OD 1/27/21

EDD April 21 > June 21 > Sept 21 > Jan 22 > March 22 > March 21-April 12 > March 26-April 12 > March 25th received VIN and scheduled delivery for Thursday, March 31st in Portland, OR

2022 MX LR 5-Seat
Dark Silver/White/22”/FSD

Thanks to the community for all of the info and helping keep hope alive during this 435 day waiting game!

Thank you. It's frustrating to say the least after the wait they put us through. There is no emergency release for charger, at least not a manual powerless option. The tow truck guy had no idea how to power the 12v battery to get the doors opened and release the charger, so I consulted the manual and showed him what to do. Not a very encouraging sign that your vehicle is in good hands. Then he was very sloppy with the leads and I definitely heard some sparking and popping when he was moving stuff around. I really hope he didn't fry more stuff on the car.

Finally got the car loaded on the tow truck, took about 2 hours. I'm learning that owning a Tesla is just as much about cool new features as it is giving up a lot of features that just make sense. Like manual releases, a door you can actually open with an actual key, etc. I couldn't even put the car in neutral because we couldn't get enough power to do anything, even after hooking up the battery to the auxiliary power unit. So he had to drag my car out of my garage with the back wheels locked in park. I'm just waiting to get my car back with the "problem fixed" and find a whole *sugar* ton of other issues from this mess.
There is manual access door for the 12v system on my 2019 Model X that allows for you to attach and jump the 12v system, the door is located in the corner of the recessed portion of the fascia on the front bumper. Pop that door off and you can open doors, power the on board system, drive the car etc.

Last edited:
You know what they say… if it seems to good to be true..

Went to check out the red/black/22 MXP today. I’m pretty sure it was a field model (can’t 100% confirm), but it has what I would deem as some pretty significant paint and alignment issues. Still has the old Plaid badge. Had some odd stickers on it that said inspected on 1/20 and 1/27. Photos below for your viewing pleasure. I took more but you get the idea.

Anyway, I’m taking a pass. If it was my exact configuration I might entertain it, but I’m not paying more $$$ for a car that isn’t my perfect combo and also isn’t in great shape. Back in line!

Attachments

• 2096725E-2EFA-4F38-93EF-1208B954B365.jpeg
    2096725E-2EFA-4F38-93EF-1208B954B365.jpeg
    390.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 8753D432-F520-4681-956F-A086E6CBC0C2.jpeg
    8753D432-F520-4681-956F-A086E6CBC0C2.jpeg
    393.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 8EDE1FA3-70A8-494B-9FA9-A74F0CDCE651.jpeg
    8EDE1FA3-70A8-494B-9FA9-A74F0CDCE651.jpeg
    462.8 KB · Views: 84
Last edited: