Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you remove FSD from your app after they had a “warning” message that states it may delay your delivery if removed?

Bc I’m already lamenting that I have to spend an unexpected $10,000 for the FSD….I was planning on removing it after I got a VIN but I don’t want to jeopardize my delivery process!
I waited till the car was in transit. I went to my assigned delivery center and told them I wanted to remove FSD. They said no problem. I asked them to email me that I could ask to remove FSD and they did. Then I received a notification my conf changed and FSD was gone. I also received an email from delivery team letting me know it was remover. I will probably try out the subscription then cancel it until I have a road trip.
I like to drive and I’d never use a $129K car as a Robotax 😂

WTF? They drive for 12 hours straight with no problems. Then on Day 2 the car freaks out? Unbelievable.
But the car was giving errors the day before they left on vacation.
I want to know the same. I actually started a thread about the differences between LR and Plaid. If there are any differences beyond the extra motor and some minor cosmetic differences Tesla isn't advertising it.
Extra motor, seat piping and carbon fiber interior dash... I didn't hear if torque vectoring applies to the X or not...

Finally got a VIN for my March 2021 order! MX LR, White/White, 22”, 5-seater, FSD.
2C0B072C-0F94-4399-BFFE-5D8AFF777EEA.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I mean for the iPhone, if you wanna have sound for the user manual video in Tesla app, you know there is the physical switch on the left upper side on your iPhone to turn on and off the silent mode. Turn off the silent mode then you’ll get the sound.

Sorry I wasn't clear.. what I meant was that the videos do not come up in the app once you actually have the car... I guess they only come up while you are waiting for delivery. But they are on the website now so its all good.

Agreed. My wife has banned the use of AP and TACC when she's in the car. The phantom braking events are jarring and often. I only use it on freeways and interstates. Complete garbage.

Freeways is all it’s supposed to work on.
Got call from the sales center yesterday afternoon saying my car has been built, hasnt arrived in Irvine yet, but should be here monday/tuesday and I can pick it up Wednesday AM. They'll call to confirm things are ready. So hopefully my 15 month journey is almost over and my wife finally gets her 5 seater X.

Only hiccup I ran into so far... logged into the app to link my bank account to Plaid so I can pay. Figured I would go through things in advance so there would be no last minute surprises. Logged in, clicked "pay" to go through things and link my account. No issues, except after I linked it there wasn't an "exit" button, so I just quit the app. Then I logged back into the app to make sure I could see my account now. Went to the section to pay for my car and clicked "pay" like I had before. It pops up and tells me my car has been paid for.

Thought that was kinda odd... no confirmation asking if I want to pay, no nothing. The same button that brought me to the link my account, once my account was linked, with a single click, initiated the transaction.

I guess hopefully not a huge deal. Had the money ready. Just hope things go smoothly and i dont regret this in 2 days. Fortunately between the time I linked my account and paid for it, they had given me the $2k credit for being a pre-refresh customer.
that’s almost exactly what happened to me. POS software not prompting “are you sure” on $100K. You can go to the Profile Icon Upper Right -> Account -> Wallet to check if the account is there. I ended up using the wrong account and did know an ACH account was in there from 2 years ago.