Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There should be a USB port in the glovebox with a USB stick in it already for sentry mode. I think there are probably some other USB ports in the center console? The in-car instructions for the garage door opener should be fairly clear, or at least they were when I set it up in my M3. Might be worth googling the manual for your particular garage door opener for its HomeLink instructions as well.
Thanks, never thought about inside glove box. Saw two "ports" in center console but they looked really small for USB. There's instructions in the manual? :confused:

• Funny
Reactions: Stro
Really jealous seeing people get cars. I ordered 1/5/21. It's been 15 months and while I understand Tesla needs to deliver more profitable cars first, I feel like they are going to reneg and cancel my order (showing July EDD). What recourse do I have if they try to bail on my order? Has anyone faced this? Perhaps I'm just being paranoid...
I'm a 2020 order paying $87K. Picking up tomorrow. White / Black 5 seater on 20"s no FSD

Good Luck!

Picked up mine Monday afternoon and drove home to Wisconsin the yesterday. Everything is fine but a couple of questions. Where is the USB port and where do we find the instructions for the garage opener? Thanks for any help
For the garage opener, you open the controls menu. In the top right corner of the menu you’ll see an garage link icon, shaped like a little house. Press that icon to begin the garage pairing process. Instructions are in the set up process.

Reactions: retco and JBTMX
Hey guys, I ordered pre-refresh around Nov 2020, in Toronto. LR 5seater, still no end in sight. I see the price has increased by about 25k since I ordered. I was going to lease it as this would be my first tesla/ev, and I am skeptical of the yoke. But I'm wondering if it would be better to just buy it? Thanks.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Hey guys, I ordered pre-refresh around Nov 2020, in Toronto. LR 5seater, still no end in sight. I see the price has increased by about 25k since I ordered. I was going to lease it as this would be my first tesla/ev, and I am skeptical of the yoke. But I'm wondering if it would be better to just buy it? Thanks.
In my opinion, DEFINITELY buy it.

I have no idea what the Canadian rules are like, but in .US, it is ALWAYS better to buy than lease, unless there is a specific business reason to do so.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Tesla Update - Your Model X is here! If you'd like to take delivery today reply YES!

Thanks

The app still doesn't show that it's ready and the $6500 price adjustment is still not reflected in the amount due.

Edit: now the pay button is gray and it shows a delivery appointment today from 12 to 4 even though I already told the them on the phone (the 510 number) that I couldn't come until tomorrow.

Thanks, never thought about inside glove box. Saw two "ports" in center console but they looked really small for USB....................................................
As @goldenage said they are USB C ports now which are smaller than the older USB A ports. Depending on what equipment you need to plug in you might need to buy a converter with USB C male on one end and USB A female on the other end (as shown in the photo below). They are available on Amazon and elsewhere.

Here is a link to some random converter I found on Amazon. Amazon.com

These are mine, not the ones in the Amazon link.
1648664129549.png

Last edited:
How did I get a VIN well before my "July 2022" EDD? I was proactive. I made numerous trips to the showroom and service center... making my presence known! :D

Friday, I made another bi-monthly trip to the Austin Domain showroom and spoke with the manager. I told him, if it would get me a car sooner, I would take a near match, as long as it was 6 seater w/ white seats. Then on Monday, as I often do, I stopped my the Tesla Service center to drool over the incoming MX's. That same sales manager happed to be there and I spoke with him again. He had my number and said he would call me if anything came up. And then 2 days later!!!
Unfortunately my delivery center is 2 hrs away, wish I could do that.

Reactions: retco
Don’t remove FSD. Seriously don’t. It’s the best thing since sliced bread. I would use FSD at the dinner table if I could lol.

(I am serious though that is silly. FSD is definitely beta but if you get past that, it’s sooo sooo good)
Update: I was told if I remove FSD, it will re-price the car at current pricing. I don't believe that is the case but who really knows?

Anyway, looks like it was meant to be ... keeping FSD @ $10K so I get another $2K of "automatic equity" in the car :)

Can't believe we are talking about automobiles as an appreciating asset in which we build equity ;-)

Buy bc then YOU get that 25k price increase as equity in the vehicle. If you lease Tesla gets that as you generally can't buy out a Tesla (most of the time).

Tesla lease is horrible value, buy and see that as a saving account since you're 'deep in the money' before you even got it.

Tesla lease is horrible value, buy and see that as a saving account since you're 'deep in the money' before you even got it.
Since the pandemic turned vehicles into an appreciating asset for at least another 18-24 months, it makes zero logical sense to lease. And even moreso with the immediate upside you'll have in a Tesla due to the pricing shifts.

OHHHHHHH EMMMMMMM GEEEEEEEEEEE ..... VINner!!!!!!! When it rains, it pours. Got my MYP VIN a couple of days ago and am taking delivery today and now my actual car is ready!!!

7SAXCBE59NF3339XX

I don't see an option to remove FSD anymore. Is this something I can coordinate with "Jorge" or any other SA at my local SC?

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG .... heart is pounding!!!!
FWIW I was (thankfully) able to cancel my MYP order even though the wire from my bank was already on its way. Had to work with the bank to reverse/cancel that wire. All sorted, I think. Will see when I receive my down payment back.