Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Red/white IMO. Obviously subjective but it’s just gorgeous
In case it helps with your decision, I had red/black on LR-X and liked it. But after some internal debate about getting the exact same color combo on my new Plaid , I changed my order and am glad I did. Wouldn‘t have if my kids were little but as teenagers its a non issue (so far). Makes the interior look more modern and spacious. Definitely a WOW factor.
93B57EEE-A7F0-4801-BB16-C851BBE80E3A.jpeg
D2090934-8104-47AD-861C-01DF8BD266FB.jpeg
90CD0C7C-9630-483A-9DEB-D1B31E0EDF71.jpeg

In case it helps with your decision, I had red/black on LR-X and liked it. But after some internal debate about getting the exact same color combo on my new Plaid , I changed my order and am glad I did. Wouldn‘t have if my kids were little but as teenagers its a non issue (so far). Makes the interior look more modern and spacious. Definitely a WOW factor.View attachment 789535View attachment 789536View attachment 789533
The red and white combo is 🔥🔥🔥
Neither the red exterior nor the white interior is for me (to own) but I love love love to see a car with those colors. Really awesome.

FYI: I was at a service center / delivery center yesterday (Vallejo, CA) for a Tesla owners club event. They had 3 refreshed Model X in the showroom...a Plaid 6-seat in red, a LR 5-seat in MSM, and another LR 5-seat whose color I don't remember. I heard the Plaid was passed up by the would-be owner because they couldn't take delivery. At the time, all of those cars were available as inventory purchases.

I don't know if these particular cars are still available (for SF Bay Areans) or if this means other service centers might have inventory Model X available. Just passing this along.

Bruce.
Good heads up!

I’ve also found if you’re flexible in terms of exact specs AND have a helpful local SA they will often be willing to update your configuration to create a match to a canceled order so the VIN will assign to you. Which can accelerate things.

I was just not thinking at that moment about the sequence of events... And to this day, I am still very aware / cautious about opening the falcon doors inside the garage (I do it, but only when I am right on top of it...)

Even if you sort it out, the real concern is your other family members, who may think it is ok, but not be cognizant of the sequence of actions (one kid opens the garage door, another kid opens the falcon door...)
Hi John. Thanks for this.

I just went out and measured my garage door/tracks. It is 88" from floor to track. I read that the FWDs are 90" when fully opened. I assumed I would just slowly open them to 87" or so and then save the height like I did for the rear hatch on our MS.

Is there not a way to have the FWDs stop at a certain height at a certain location?

I just went out and measured my garage door/tracks. It is 88" from floor to track. I read that the FWDs are 90" when fully opened. I assumed I would just slowly open them to 87" or so and then save the height like I did for the rear hatch on our MS.

Is there not a way to have the FWDs stop at a certain height at a certain location?
Is this possible? If so it’s a great idea!

Is this possible? If so it’s a great idea!

My MX is in garage now and I open them nearly everytime my big kids come with us without issue.
However, it also depends on your garage ceiling height and track height because there is a sensor on the MX roof between 2 FWDs.
It is about 40" from my MX roof to my garage ceiling.

My MX is in garage now and I open them nearly everytime my big kids come with us without issue.
However, it also depends on your garage ceiling height and track height because there is a sensor on the MX roof between 2 FWDs.
It is about 40" from my MX roof to my garage ceiling.
Thanks. So you rely on the sensors to stop it or have you "set" the height in some way? It is good to see that it will detect the shaft for the garage door opener. I was concerned it wouldn't see something so narrow.

I have pretty typical 7' garage doors, but i was thinking if the FWD have any issues that i'll probably look into doing a high lift conversion. I only have room for maybe 12" more of clearance, but that would probably be more than enough to fully open the doors without having to worry about ever hitting anything. It sounds like it is pretty inexpensive, and possibly DIY-able.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr