Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does FSD eliminate the issues with Phantom braking?
No its the same issue. FSD wont fix phantom braking but beta releases may get a "fixed" iteration quicker that will trickle down to basic autopilot. Hopefully it gets better over time, but tesla has been known to release regressive iterations that make it worse. My advice, find a release that works well for you and is stable then avoid updating til it either forces you or theres some cool new feature that gets announced.

• Informative
Reactions: Jacomath
Today the second row passenger side seat failed to latch on our 2018 MX, they think its a cable that came undone, we have 51,000 miles on it, just past warranty, extremely annoying if this turns into a costly repair as we did not plan to keep this car beyond warranty expiration, we were looking forward to receiving our refresh MX LR 7-seater last summer 🥸

for those who have a Plaid, is there a "spooling" type of noise when you’re gunning it? after 60 mph I hear something whirl up (I’m sure it’s normal but thought Teslas are quiet even when gunning it - at least on my MYP)....sorry the the noob question

I think that happens with all Tesla's, not just the plaid... It's just the electric motor when you gun it. I kind of think its cool.

Reactions: iCeMaNxLb
This epic, awesome, helpful thread has hit many milestones over the last 14 months including over 30,000 posts on over 1,500 pages. It's about to hit another milestone with 3 million views...incredible!

One of the recurring themes is folks fearing they will be the last one here and they will be tasked with turning out the lights. This led me to be curious about whether the pace of posting comments was slowing. It isn't slowing as shown in the graph below. I'm still convinced I'll be the last to get my X 😁.

View attachment 789289
That could a mix of the rate of interest and questions along with the rate of a boatload of QA issues. I always said, It’s better to have customers screaming at you than no customers.

I think that happens with all Tesla's, not just the plaid... It's just the electric motor when you gun it. I kind of think its cool.

I was actually struck by how quiet the drive units on the refresh X (LR, don't know about Plaid) are, compared to the ones on my 2015 S85D. (At least from inside the cabin.)

Bruce.

Unexpected surprise for me. My M3 trade in had to be re-evaluated with new odometer reading. My original trade in offer a couple months ago was $42,800. New offer is $48,600.00! We're getting nearly what we paid for the car back in 2018 because we were able to get the 7,500.00-tax credit. Hopefully, we'll get our new MX delivery before they re-evaluate again. $5,800.00 pick up!! 😁😁