Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because of sensor location, if you park your MX in a parking garage with beams, and sensor wasn't under the beam, MX will try to open FWD and it may hit the beam because sensor detect the garage ceiling much higher than beam.

That's 5 years old and Tesla made multiple improvements and sensor changes since to avoid that scenario.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr and Lozzy
I guess I'm not that picky after all. I can see two of those pictures show slight misalignment and I'd probably ask for them to be fixed before the first 100 mile / 24 hour rule, but I'd also not make a special trip to service just for that and would be fine delaying the alignment until I had real service issue.

Thanks...or maybe I'm being too picky? 😎

After some reflection (and getting more opinions) I'm going to leave the right side FWD alone, but have them try to adjust the left side FWD. Unfortunately the car does have a few other minor problems (most notably a "climate control system failure") so it has to go in for service regardless of the FWDs. Also unfortunate is that the first appointment I could get is the end of next week.

Bruce.

PS. Sorry you had to drive all the way up to Fremont just to reject a car. Really hope they can make it right for you on their second try.

Has anyone picked up a new X since April 3rd? I was supposed to pick mine up on April 3 at 4 PM but at 1PM or so they pushed it back to April 15 saying there was some sort of software error that needs to be fixed.
Might be the restraint system errors people are seeing. Or the Supercharging freak-outs. Hard to know as there are a LOT of bugs right now. But I'm not aware of any that would make the car undriveable such that they would halt deliveries. I hope they're not filling up the field again while they wait for software. Just go back a rev or 2, ship with that, and then upgrade when you have it fixed.

Has anyone picked up a new X since April 3rd? I was supposed to pick mine up on April 3 at 4 PM but at 1PM or so they pushed it back to April 15 saying there was some sort of software error that needs to be fixed.
FWIW, it took 9 days for my new X to finally get the first software update. And this is despite a persistent warning about a necessary software update in the mobile app.

Reactions: JER85
FWIW, it took 9 days for my new X to finally get the first software update. And this is despite a persistent warning about a necessary software update in the mobile app.
I would assume since Tesla still has the car they could push an update or install it manually, if the update was ready. But how knows. The other concern is they have my money now for the lease and I have no car.

I talked to my DS, who has been great, btw. She confirmed my new car is built. I said I already figured that since the vin was a hair older than the one I rejected. Even though my EDD says April 4-8, she said they are holding ALL Xs produced recently until after April 15th because they are retrofitting them with something that is going to be "exciting". She said it's NOT the matrix headlights but wouldn't tell me what it was. I'm not sure she really knows.

My paranoid self thinks that all these Xs that are being held were the rejects that they couldn't get buyers to take in time in the last few hours of the 31st and that they are working on them to fix the bumpers and paint issues. I'm also paranoid that for scratches like the pictures I posted previously that they might just use touchup paint. I'll need to bring small bottle of lacquer thinner with a white microfiber towlet to wipe the edges. If there's any touchup paint, it'll turn the white towlet blue.

Maybe they're figuring out what to do about the bumper detachment issue?

Yup. Conflicting stories. I'm much more inclined to believe the software issue. When my DS told me that they were all being held until the 15th for an "exciting" retrofit, I asked her if it could just be firmware to fix the seat belt restraint issues and other "possessed" type behaviors that have been plaguing the refreshes recently. She assured me it was nothing like that.

I talked to my DS, who has been great, btw. She confirmed my new car is built. I said I already figured that since the vin was a hair older than the one I rejected. Even though my EDD says April 4-8, she said they are holding ALL Xs produced recently until after April 15th because they are retrofitting them with something that is going to be "exciting". She said it's NOT the matrix headlights but wouldn't tell me what it was. I'm not sure she really knows.

My paranoid self thinks that all these Xs that are being held were the rejects that they couldn't get buyers to take in time in the last few hours of the 31st and that they are working on them to fix the bumpers and paint issues. I'm also paranoid that for scratches like the pictures I posted previously that they might just use touchup paint. I'll need to bring small bottle of lacquer thinner with a white microfiber towlet to wipe the edges. If there's any touchup paint, it'll turn the white towlet blue.

Maybe they're figuring out what to do about the bumper detachment issue?
You have a personal Data Scientist and she can calculate when your car will be ready? I want one...

Yup. Conflicting stories. I'm much more inclined to believe the software issue. When my DS told me that they were all being held until the 15th for an "exciting" retrofit, I asked her if it could just be firmware to fix the seat belt restraint issues and other "possessed" type behaviors that have been plaguing the refreshes recently. She assured me it was nothing like that.
Are new fart noises exciting?

The app is also asking me to pay the extra $6500 for the vin that assigned after the rejected X. I'm assuming that they just need to re-apply the adjustment and that it was tied to the previous vin. They already have my money and I have the screen shots showing it paid in full and the sale price.
Please keep us updated on how this works out. Hopefully, it gets resolved fully.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
So, whatever the reason may be, it looks like no new VINs until after 4/15 at the earliest? Who’s going to stop checking for VINs over the next ten days? Probably not me!