Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For everybody who got kicked back to July, look at the bright side, July is only 8 weeks away! I mean they pretty much have to deliver them to all of us in July right??? All I can say is that they must be gearing up for one hell of a production run in the next 8 weeks.
Probably want to check your math again. July is 12 weeks away. And if you believe we are all getting are MX in July, I have a bridge to sell you.

I messaged a friend who works for Tesla about my window turning back to July, 2022. He said: "my forecasting tool does not have a more narrow window. This is good in that it means it is highly likely your X will be potentially be delivered more along the July estimate, but it could change where that estimate comes forward or even pushed out again. "

And that's exactly what I had suspected ever since my March 24-April 12 window changed back to July: I had a sneaking suspicion it would either be potentially July, or move earlier, or move later. If I didn't already have a job, I think I'd make a great Tesla advisor.

Probably want to check your math again. July is 12 weeks away. And if you believe we are all getting are MX in July, I have a bridge to sell you.

Noooooo. It's only 8 weeks away!!!
images

I messaged a friend who works for Tesla about my window turning back to July, 2022. He said: "my forecasting tool does not have a more narrow window. This is good in that it means it is highly likely your X will be potentially be delivered more along the July estimate, but it could change where that estimate comes forward or even pushed out again. "

And that's exactly what I had suspected ever since my March 24-April 12 window changed back to July: I had a sneaking suspicion it would either be potentially July, or move earlier, or move later. If I didn't already have a job, I think I'd make a great Tesla advisor.
All of these July EDD will be part of EOQ2 push, so we’ll get hastily assembled vehicles at the end of June.

It's still not clear to me how they picked the invitees - we're a local, Austin 2-Tesla household with an X on order so I was holding out hope that we'd get an invite, but no dice.
I just asked my 2021+ field model XLR to drive me out to Gigafactory Austin after a quick 250 watt supercharge ( Charged at 1000 miles an hour when I was at 20% ) in Austin. Surprisingly, there was no traffic, no other uninvited party goers like me.
When I got down Tesla Road there were just a lot of gardeners putting in hundreds of fancy plants and grass around the outskirts of one of the biggest super modern looking buildings I have ever seen, right in the middle of a sleepy 2 lane road agricultural area. No Ferris wheel or food trucks from this angle at least.
I continued up the road to the employee parking lot entrance, stopped at a ramshackle guard booth and finally a cute gal came out and I asked if un-invited guests like me could do anything here tomorrow? She politely apologized and said no, the party is just for invitees. I told her lots of us have cars, solar etc and would like to join in the fun but alas she said no. So I told her I will make a U turn past the booth and I drove back past the employee cars and a field of model Y inventory car parked in a big lot, past the gardeners, and back to my hotel.
One other thing about this, my first long trip in my new Model X. Very late last night as I neared my hotel in the darkness, an older pickup truck with a couple of guys in it came alongside honking its horn at me. I rolled my window down thinking they might want to race at the light or something. Instead they asked me if my X was in one of the new secret paint colors! It was pretty dark, and I think those boys had killed a few beers.
I replied, “It’s a secret! Wait until Thursday!”
They were seen driving off after taking LOTS of pictures in the dark of my 2021+ field Model X LR RED/CREAM! That’s the report from near Gigafactory Austin tonight!

Last edited:
For everybody who got kicked back to July, look at the bright side, July is only 8 weeks away! I mean they pretty much have to deliver them to all of us in July right??? All I can say is that they must be gearing up for one hell of a production run in the next 8 weeks.
I think "July" is just a placeholder for "we have no ****ing idea as yet when we'll get to yours."

Tight situation now my lease for the MY expires in October, EDD for the X, July but looking at what's happening recently more than likely that date will be pushed again.

At this point I assume EVERY single lease that's going to be expiring soon will be bought out by the lessee since every single vehicle, whatever it is, will be worth way more than than the what the buyout was set to 3 years ago.

At this point I assume EVERY single lease that's going to be expiring soon will be bought out by the lessee since every single vehicle, whatever it is, will be worth way more than than the what the buyout was set to 3 years ago.
You’d think people would be logical.

Driving home tonight I was musing about this very fact (the illogicality of the human species). Some random premium gas car in front of me had a particular fancy taillight. It reminded me how one of my perfectly intelligent siblings bought a stupid car like that because they “liked it.” To me, it was mind blowing that they’d even consider that car. To them, the choice was obvious.

There are a LOT people who buy a car based on TOTALLY non objective features like that.
This is why we need all manufacturers to transition to EVs because Tesla could offer a perfect vehicle in all segments and EVEN SO lots of people would still buy a gas car from their preferred manufacturer.

/rant

Last edited:
It's more likely that leasees will buyout their vehicles simply because replacing them in a timely manner has gone out the window with zero credible evidence that orders are forthcoming (yeah, that would be my situation waiting for the X).

Reactions: Kitt9000