Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I previously reported, this is an overheating issue. Currently, they update software to version 2022.8.3 and purge air bubbles in the cooling system from the service menu to resolve this issue. Agree with you that these measures don’t seem enough. Likely, there is a hardware design issue in the cooling system.

But are you telling that you had this issue after the update to version 2022.8.3???

I had the rear seat restraint issue after installing 2022.8.2.

Updated to 2022.8.3.

The issues I highlighted in this post were experienced on 2022.8.3. I have not had maintenance performed on the cooling system.

• Informative
Reactions: mr-dmitry
Tesla Burbank, CA removed my worm on my model S, they had to order a new airbag. This was very early on in Model S deliveries so I am not sure if they would still do it now. Back then I didn't know it was a wire, just thought that my steering wheel leather was defective. Maybe worth trying at another service center.

Historically I took my X's into NY/NJ service centers and they had issues fixing stuff. I'm hoping California service centers have better ability to fix issues
Agreed on trying a new service center @Stro . Sorry for your troubles!!! The Burbank SC has been great for me too, but we're in a big city and there are 5 or 6 not too far away. We can choose another if the one isn't acting right. Not everyone is so lucky.
My Vin was pulled now my EDD shows July. So maybe that's a good thing until they figure this out.
I'm hoping July will signal that we get matrix headlights plus other good hardware. If we do, I'm ok and maybe July is just as well, and what other choice do we have? On FB some guy yesterday was mentioning how his Y with matrix is worlds better at night than his refresh X. So I'm a prime candidate for it with my oftentime late night road trips.

The 2020 MY that I had got nowhere near Tesla claimed range. Tesla always over estimates and uses 100% battery capacity in that estimate. Other manufacturers under estimate and only use a safe portion of the battery (~85%). Really makes me think, why am I buying another Tesla...

Tesla's range includes running all the way to absolute empty, which is another 20 or 30 miles past zero, but also in perfect conditions. So you got a reserve in your 'tank' that you're not considering. If your comparisons don't include this than they'll seem way off, like the HUD articles will attest hoarsely. Tested against the other cars to empty however, Tesla always comes out in front accept against Lucid.

Reactions: sorka and TJPDX
Tesla's range includes running all the way to absolute empty, which is another 20 or 30 miles past zero, but also in perfect conditions. So you got a reserve in your 'tank' that you're not considering. If your comparisons don't include this than they'll seem way off, like the HUD articles will attest hoarsely. Tested against the other cars to empty however, Tesla always comes out in front accept against Lucid.
Yes but the difference can be miniscule. Car and Driver ran a Model S and Taycan side by side back in 2020 and the real world difference in range was 10 miles vs a 134 mile EPA range difference. Make of that what you will.

Buffer is never more than 4 percent with Teslas. Never go beyond 0 rated miles. You're asking for a bad ending. I've gone to 2 miles of range and the car was very unhappy and took 15 minutes just to get enough SoC to supercharge normally. It also limited my power to the point it wasn't safe on the highway.

Don't tell people wrong facts that will cause issues. Tesla has the least buffer in the business. Germans are irrational about their 10 or 15 percent buffer but it does show Tesla isn't quite truthful in their rosy range estimates. I'd rather have less buffer personally and take responsibility but Germans want to prevent a bad outcome. I think that increases range anxiety since you always think you're low. We will see what the market thinks when more people switch to EVs.

Reactions: Empty tank
Buffer is never more than 4 percent with Teslas. Never go beyond 0 rated miles. You're asking for a bad ending. I've gone to 2 miles of range and the car was very unhappy and took 15 minutes just to get enough SoC to supercharge normally. It also limited my power to the point it wasn't safe on the highway.

Don't tell people wrong facts that will cause issues. Tesla has the least buffer in the business. Germans are irrational about their 10 or 15 percent buffer but it does show Tesla isn't quite truthful in their rosy range estimates. I'd rather have less buffer personally and take responsibility but Germans want to prevent a bad outcome. I think that increases range anxiety since you always think you're low. We will see what the market thinks when more people switch to EVs.
The most comprehensive and legit range test is the one performed in Norway by the Norwegian Automobile Association, no fluff, run to empty, just the facts:

Edit: The translation link isnt working, but you get the gist, its in KM and WLTP range, summer/winter range compared to WLTP. Tesla does great in the summer and terrible in the winter as expected, but better than most EVs. The Taycan is still the most underrated on range of all the cars. https://nye.naf.no/elbil/bruke-elbil/elbiltest

Anymore vinners since EOQ?

I'm a white/white 5 seater in Atlanta. Ordered in April 2021 and changed exterior from black to white in June of 2021. Delivery dates has moved from October to December to January to March and now holding at July. I've had quite some time to reconsider. I will miss out on having a dealer to contact etc, luxury, great customer service, so I ordered a Taycan which is now delayed...

Looking forward to cashing out on the Tesla in case anyone is interested.

Hubby got a Mercedes EQS and mannnn it's so nice!

" Currently on 2022,8.3. Have been having the rear restraint error on and off ever since 2022.8.2. " Man.. this happened to me.. unable drive.
My MX is at service center, they are looking into it.

View attachment 790966
This was one of my issues after the latest update. Their resolution? “Verified customers concern. Performed 12v reset to vehicle. Alert has not been present since reset was performed. Verified proper operation.”

This was one of my issues after the latest update. Their resolution? “Verified customers concern. Performed 12v reset to vehicle. Alert has not been present since reset was performed. Verified proper operation.”
I had an issue that stranded me at the grocery store with my 3 days old X back in 2018. I did MCU and full reboots, and the vehicle would still not go into forward or reverse. Tesla ended up towing it to the SC and had it fixed 3 or 4 days later. When I went over to the SC the car was working fine.

I asked the tech who worked on the car what he did. He said he disconnected, waited 30 seconds, and reconnected the 12-volt battery. The car then reset and was operational. I made him show me how to do this by disconnecting the battery via the 1st responder wiring loom just in case I had a similar issue. Fortunately, the issue never reoccured. But this is something every X owner should know how to do or have a friend that knows how to do it. It takes a couple of minutes and can save the day.

Maybe this has already been litigated, but I received a notification in the mail today RE: my Model Y... and that an urgent OTA software update was deployed to resolve an issue with pedestrian vehicle noise requirements. Wonder if that's what all the fuss is about with the X hold? Is it just to ensure the SW update has been deployed to all vehicles prior to delivery?

FWIW the notification said it applied to all S/3/X/Y vehicles manufactured during a certain date range.
For what it's worth, my Model X was delivered 3/31 with out the update. It updated yesterday.

Reactions: John in LB
Where's @sorka with our update? It's been 2.5 hours since the Deliver Center opened!!!!! :D
2.5 hours is just enough to do the initial inspection. That doesn't include doing the paperwork, the discussions, the questions and the reflection of the experience. I'd give him another day or so before we get a solid answer back.

That, or he's driving straight to Gigafest.

Where's @sorka with our update? It's been 2.5 hours since the Deliver Center opened!!!!! :D

I'm here. The car is back in service to see if they can fix some of the simpler things. That said, the car is nearly perfect by comparison to the one from last Thursday. The spoiler has a small corner nick on the inside. Some alignment issues I'm sure will be fixable. They're doing what they can for some of them here but it will probably require a service appointment. Since it's virtually guaranteed that I'll have to book a service appointment for yet undiscovered things within the first 100 miles or even malfunctions after that, I'm fine waiting for the rest of the issues until then.

Trying to figure out how two identically configured cars made a few days apart could be so different.

I asked about the April 15th hold and again got the "software configuration" inspection answer. I don't buy it for a second. One of the DSs guaranteed me that the mcu rebooting, camera freezes, supercharging freakouts, etc won't happen to my car. I replied back, "how can you know that unless you know more than you're telling me?"

I'm here. The car is back in service to see if they can fix some of the simpler things. That said, the car is nearly perfect by comparison to the one from last Thursday. The spoiler has a small corner nick on the inside. Some alignment issues I'm sure will be fixable. They're doing what they can for some of them here but it will probably require a service appointment. Since it's virtually guaranteed that I'll have to book a service appointment for yet undiscovered things within the first 100 miles or even malfunctions after that, I'm fine waiting for the rest of the issues until then.

Trying to figure out how two identically configured cars made a few days apart could be so different.

I asked about the April 15th hold and again got the "software configuration" inspection answer. I don't buy it for a second. One of the DSs guaranteed me that the mcu rebooting, camera freezes, supercharging freakouts, etc won't happen to my car. I replied back, "how can you know that unless you know more than you're telling me?"
Heading to Fremont now. If you are still there and see a gray-haired Asian guy wandering around looking lost, that is probably me.

Heading to Fremont now. If you are still there and see a gray-haired Asian guy wandering around looking lost, that is probably me.

I'll be here. Working on my laptop in the delivery center waiting room. They said car would take a few hours. After that, I have to spend probably another 45 minutes masking off the front with painters tape for the 130 mile home.

Reactions: evduds and Prairie
I'll be here. Working on my laptop in the delivery center waiting room. They said car would take a few hours. After that, I have to spend probably another 45 minutes masking off the front with painters tape for the 130 mile home.
Cool. My appointment is at 2, but I assume if show up a bit early hopefully it will be fine. See you.