Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wow good for you both. a) VINs are back, and b) Bay Area VINs

July 21 order with VIN but my May 21, de-VIN’ed reservation, is showing July 😢
My April 4-24th changed to July(1/21 OD) but i’m keeping my 1.22 Plaid order(october) just in case. I want the brand new salmon wing doors— so I’m not cancelling anything.

Last edited:
Looks like someone is getting their plaid in Raleigh today.

Attachments

• CC678D6B-E41F-4902-B34B-B58F7C5C42BA.jpeg
    CC678D6B-E41F-4902-B34B-B58F7C5C42BA.jpeg
    792.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 20EE4354-53AA-415A-BA36-53CDD38143E5.jpeg
    20EE4354-53AA-415A-BA36-53CDD38143E5.jpeg
    465.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 102803D0-222A-4842-B1F3-968FD4CACE6D.jpeg
    102803D0-222A-4842-B1F3-968FD4CACE6D.jpeg
    399.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 6652195A-0218-4B70-8B3E-6EEC396BDDBE.jpeg
    6652195A-0218-4B70-8B3E-6EEC396BDDBE.jpeg
    578.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 8FB2C43D-055E-441D-A0D0-128FEA01D6C7.jpeg
    8FB2C43D-055E-441D-A0D0-128FEA01D6C7.jpeg
    859.4 KB · Views: 91
I've only been on this Tesla order train for a little over a month. I ordered a 5 seat, LR, 20 inch, blue/cream beginning of March 2022. My original order date was May of 2023 (which I'm totally fine with), then it shifted to April 2022, yesterday it shifted to January. Today I woke up to a VIN. I'd honestly like to wait a few months and wait to see them work out some of these kinks....hoping the vin will magically disappear tomorrow. ;-)
VIN 7SAXCDE55NF33****

Yes I'm a VINNER. Apparently one of the first 5 MX's to arrive in Toronto, Canada. 7SAXCDE59NF3393xx. Build date was April 08, 2022 and to take delivery April 19th, 2022 @ 10am. Configuration is LR Red with White 5 seater, 20" with FSD. Have already ordered a set of 22" Vossen HF-5's with Michelin Pilot Sport tires, Plus Mountainpass performance “easy big fella” BBK front and rear lightweight rotors. And without a doubt full and ceramic coating to finish it off.
So stoked!!!

As Q3 approaches and hope lives on for us in the EU, had a question for others who have received deliveries here with older prices- how do you ensure your insurance declared MX value(at delivery) matches the latest market prices(as they keep increasing) to ensure if a total loss ever occurs, you can get another MX at today’s price?
My bank keeps insisting the IDV needs to match what was on the original order invoice from February 2021 which already is a difference of ~30k & increasing..
1st world problems Isds. I can sense your impatience. I am in the same boat. My order date was May 1st 2021 MXLR w/w 5seat, EDD at the time was end of 2022. When did you order, and what was your last displayed EDD?

Reactions: lsds
I get it. I like the old software better than the new. But I'd welcome your review of the pristine software constantly being pushed out over the air by the other car companies. I'll wait.
I don't understand what you're saying about old software better than new. Are you talking v11? I'm talking about people with Refresh Xs that were working and then after a software update get a constant stream of errors about rear restraint, brake warnings, beeping, you name it. Clearly, Tesla QAs their software as well as they QA the actual cars. Have you read the S/X Refresh issues threads?

Further, I was talking about things that existed in the old S/X software but are missing in the Refresh like the energy display (missing completely) or the ability to select what you want displayed on the sides of the driver's screen (I like the energy screen to be displayed on the driver's screen). It's that kind of stuff that the software team could have been working on for the last 2 years. Heck, they already have the code working in the previous S/X. It's just a port job.

You asked about other car companies. Ok. But I think you should sit down first. I have had a Volvo XC40 Recharge for 5 months now. In that time I have received 1 OTA update which added some new features. Prior to the update, I received an email from Volvo. This email told me that a software update was coming in the next few weeks, gave a link to the release notes with what was changing, and instructions on how to do the update, turn on/off automatic updates, etc.

This is really not that hard. Tons of companies turn out quality software every day. You can literally buy books on best practices for doing this. Releasing software this bad (and physical vehicles for that matter) is a choice that Tesla has made. They refuse to invest in Software Development processes to both write better code and use a robust QA process to test code prior to going out.
Ok, i finally got a delivery date between april 23-29th
NO vin,
but they are asking that I send a bank draft BEFORE delivery with all the bank draft details?
Is this common practice?

HELP and thank you!
Don't do it! Do not pay until you have inspected the car and you want to drive it home. You can bring a cashier's check or pay through the app when you pick up the car. You will be able to schedule your delivery date through the app regardless of payment status.

Funny how you managed to order in the future and get it delivered in the past (relative to the order date). 😉

You're likely to be amongst the first to receive their X in Canada. Nothing has been confirmed for almost everyone else.
Got vinned today with confirmation of delivery Aprill19th at 10am. Literally one of the first 5 to hit the GTA. Build date was April 08, 2022

Got vinned today with confirmation of delivery Aprill19th at 10am. Literally one of the first 5 to hit the GTA. Build date was April 08, 2022
Yes, I saw your earlier post - congrats! It's been an awful long time waiting for anything to happen, so it's good news for you and hopefully the rest of us. Definitely want to see pics (both on delivery as well as once you get it all setup).

Best of luck!

Reactions: lexus26
Yes I'm a VINNER. Apparently one of the first 5 MX's to arrive in Toronto, Canada. 7SAXCDE59NF3393xx. Build date was April 08, 2022 and to take delivery April 19th, 2022 @ 10am. Configuration is LR Red with White 5 seater, 20" with FSD. Have already ordered a set of 22" Vossen HF-5's with Michelin Pilot Sport tires, Plus Mountainpass performance “easy big fella” BBK front and rear lightweight rotors. And without a doubt full and ceramic coating to finish it off.
So stoked!!!
Congrats. would love to see some pics with new wheels.

Reactions: ductordoc
So stoked!!!
When did you initially place the order?