Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
451. It’s painful. Plaid order. Six seat the whole time.

I can't fathom how this happens. MXP 5 seat order. Upgraded to 6 seats for free a week after ordering on new years day. First delivery attempt was 90 days but I rejected the first one but accepted the second one on April 7th.

Since I got it for $119K (before adding the blue paint which was the only thing I added), it's not like they had an incentive to get me mine sooner than yours.

Another dumb charging question.

I owned 2017 MX90D. When I sold it (stupidly thinking for once that Tesla would deliver within 3 months or so of the 1st estimated delivery date range [now at 10 and counting]), I left the original charging cable (220v) in the car for the new owner thinking I'd get a new one with my new X.

The situation. My most frequent trip is to my brother and sister in-law's home. When they remodeled their home, they included a 220 outlet in the garage to accommodate me and my new fangled electric car. All that was necessary was to pull out the cable in the frunk, plug it an it would recharge at 40-50 miles per hour. Easy peasy. With the range on the new X, which is a major reason I decided to upgrade, I wouldn't need a supercharger at all on this particular trip. With the decoupling of charging cables and so forth, will I still receive that once standard option with my new LR MX? It seems ridiculous to me to NOT provide a new customer with a cable to connect their car to power at home. Will I need to purchase a new cable now? A cursory hunting around Tesla's website makes this totally unclear. (They really need to upgrade instructions on how to use/charge your new EV on their website. I'm pretty savvy on this, but damn, not everyone is. There are going to be a whole bunch of people new to EVs buying Teslas in the years ahead and they need a here's what you need, here's how to do it, here's what you need to buy stuff that's easy to find on Tesla's website.

So, should I plan to pony up ANOTHER $400 to get a 220v charging cable because there won't be anything in the car when I take delivery in 2-4 weeks? Damn, this is getting expensive on top of frustrating.

Alright, both orders are only showing in my account, not my wife or daughter. How they can sign if the order was not in their accounts I'm just curious.
Contact your SA if you have one and they can do it. Or I imagine if you call any of the phone numbers and follow through the phone tree for new car deliveries whenever answers the phone can probably do it.

I left that step out of the post you’re replying to but I had to convert my single registration to joint. I emailed my SA and he did the change within a day.

Bruce.

I do have that error BUT I can lower and raise my 3rd row only my right 2nd row seat is affected. But how do they fix it if you know?

Try changing wheel configuration.
Under Service, change wheel config to 20 or 22, whichever you don’t have. Let display reboot. Then change wheel config back to correct setting and let display reboot. If you are lucky, error will clear.

2nd row seat will most likely have power at that point.

Reactions: kingjones94
Try changing wheel configuration.
Under Service, change wheel config to 20 or 22, whichever you don’t have. Let display reboot. Then change wheel config back to correct setting and let display reboot. If you are lucky, error will clear.

2nd row seat will most likely have power at that point.
Didn’t work. Im startn to hate this flippn car!!

I have calmed down since reading the original headline.

Now think it makes sense for Tesla to make this an optional item. The people that want a plug in charging cable can order one, while those who have no need can eliminate that expense. Many only SuperCharge, others have the $500 wall mounts already in their garage.
Ordered Model X long range with 7 seats. Will get it next year
How are owners supposed to charge up their car, if they have a 14-50 socket?

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
How about the old order with new delivery in 2 week like me, there are not available online? Some one mentioned that is for new order only?
Not too clear on that. I’m supposed to pick up a MXP on Thursday so I guess I’ll find out soon enough. But I’m thinking it will be included since when I ordered the vehicle it was Part of the purchase. But again, I really don’t know.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr