Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do other EV manufacturers provide a charger when you buy their cars?
My nephew was charged a "market adjustment" on his Mach-E, even though he preordered it and was told there wouldn't be one. He did "negociate" it down significantly. I didn't ask about receiving a charger with his as this wasn't an issue two weeks ago.
I don't know about others and I care only about Tesla, since that it was I own and have ordered.

And most important, it was quoted as included when I gave my deposit and agreed to the price increase for the refresh.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
We all to to take what SA's say with a grain of salt, but for those interested, I had one tell me that domestic production has not begun for this quarter yet, and that it does not start until the second month of each quarter. He says that is why there is always a delivery wave in the last 4-6 weeks of each quarter.

Seems to make sense for this particular quarter, with Canada orders getting VIN's, but not sure if it happens every quarter like he suggested.

Just thought I'd throw it out there.
That goes in line with what I’ve seen,
First month for international, second month for east coast, third month for west coast.
Each tesla I’ve ever bought came the 2nd month of the quarter.

That goes in line with what I’ve seen,
First month for international, second month for east coast, third month for west coast.
Each tesla I’ve ever bought came the 2nd month of the quarter.
That pretty much tracks with what one of the guys from Tesla logistic told us in 2019 at the Delivery Center. He spoke to a crowd and described delivers as like a firehose, with much of the flow direction based on distance. At the beginning of the quarter, it points furthest away, EU, Canada, etc. As the quarter continues it switches to more domestic deliveries, and finally focuses on local deliveries. This does not mean all cars are delivered according to this schedule, just a rough breakdown.

I have a VIN assigned with a delivery window of 4/28-5/6(east coast). I have a loan application(70% down payment which I will do on the delivery day) and I already uploaded insurance information. I was under the impression that I will get my car in the next two weeks as I have a VIN assigned. Am I wrong here?
I had a VIN for a week and 1/2, delivery appointment 2 weeks out, insurance uploaded, but it got yanked a few days after Tesla rescheduled delivery appointment to a week later due to delay in transit.

I hope you get it. I think end of quarter delivery complications scuttled mine.

I don't know about others and I care only about Tesla, since that it was I own and have ordered.

And most important, it was quoted as included when I gave my deposit and agreed to the price increase for the refresh.
Hi I'm here from the M3LR Waiting Room and thought I'd add the response I got from my SA on my M3LR. Others in the M3LR waiting room have posted similar positive news from their SAs.

TSLA.png

I am facing same issue like yours.mine was scheduled delivery on 31st March which was later rescheduled after me waiting at Fremont factory for 4hrs .now next one is due on 20th .what’s ur story
I never got a specific delivery time just the 5 day delivery window that keep getting pushed out. Finally got a helpful SA and he checked to see the reason for the delay. As per his research my car is in some sort of a "Confinement/hold" at the factory due to an "unknown" reason or reasons. They cannot provide any reliable delivery window or date. aargh!
Since I am traveling for a few weeks starting next week, I have asked them to put my order on hold for 30 days and hopefully I will get a new VIN n a few weeks. That is of course assuming they will actually process my hold request and do the needful.

My nephew was charged a "market adjustment" on his Mach-E, even though he preordered it and was told there wouldn't be one. He did "negociate" it down significantly. I didn't ask about receiving a charger with his as this wasn't an issue two weeks ago.

BMW does. My wife had a 330e and currently drives a 530e, both are PHEVs that come with L1 chargers. Granted in both cases we only plugged those chargers in for testing, she has a Clipper Creek L2 charger on her side of the garage for everyday use.

Bruce.

I bought a Bolt back in early 2019 and it had a charger. But who knows now? Particularly since they don't even sell any at the moment. 😆

Reactions: JimBob 909
Everyone that already had an order can now go back to just waiting for their car, you will have your charger still. For those who canceled over this thanks for hopefully getting mine faster. Tesla orders after April 17 will not include Mobile Charging Connector
I am of 2 minds about dropping the charger. On the one hand, it is a valuable accessory. On the other hand, we are on our third Tesla that came with a charger I can say we have never used any of them. Similar story for the X tow receiver. I took it out of the trunk on day one and put it back in the trunk on the day I turned in the car.