Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do they even research the products they are selling?
To some, it's a once in a life time experience picking up a $100k+ vehicle they've spent countless hours researching and reviewing.
To others, it's just another Friday selling a widget and they are ready for the weekend.
<shrug>

I try to not get to worked up from disinformation from the average employee nowadays. It's the ones who fake it or bs that grind my gears. Just say you don't know and/or you'll talk to a higher up and get back to ya if they don't know.

To some, it's a once in a life time experience picking up a $100k+ vehicle they've spent countless hours researching and reviewing.
To others, it's just another Friday selling a widget and they are ready for the weekend.
<shrug>

I try to not get to worked up from disinformation from the average employee nowadays. It's the ones who fake it or bs that grind my gears. Just say you don't know and/or you'll talk to a higher up and get back to ya if they don't know.
We've seen enough reports by now that these recent VINs are getting tagged with some code "MATRIX CC". Can the SA's be faulted for not being able to physically ID the matrix headlights? Probably. But I think we can give them a break in this case: they're being confused by Fremont.

Either that, or this code means something else. Could only indicate matrix light compatibility. Some other hardware is likely necessary, and perhaps these cars have it (despite not having the lights themselves). Makes me hopeful for a retrofit: if so, we (everyone with recent deliveries and pending deliveries) really should push for such a retrofit.

Congrats! What was your order date?

So, you managed to get the Green Plates too. That's good because there's been conjecture that the Model Xs weren't going to get them because they're not on the Ontario list.

Not so sure about the Matrix lights. If that white one is a Model S, it looks like they've got the Matrix. Can you confirm - easiest is to do the Christmas Easter Egg and see if it displays "Tesla" or something. At least have the fun of it...
Order date was April 2021. Not the worst deal when comes to the matrix lights - at least I got the new tails and a 2022. Ed from the Oakville location was amazing to deal with - definitely red carpet level so all is forgiven. Interesting notes on delivery. Apparently only select employees can drive the Plaid’s before delivery to ensure no test pilots.

Order date was April 2021. Not the worst deal when comes to the matrix lights - at least I got the new tails and a 2022. Ed from the Oakville location was amazing to deal with - definitely red carpet level so all is forgiven. Interesting notes on delivery. Apparently only select employees can drive the Plaid’s before delivery to ensure no test pilots.
Can you please give Ed a call and ask him where your matrix headlights went? :)

but where is our European ordered model X teslas.. when i ordered it was before end of year 2022 .. maybe they do now batch for europa
and that`s why no deliveries at the moment... ( dream hopes of one european tesla waiter..)
still have hope for 2nd half as the last message says but what shocks most is Zero MS deliveries to EU inspite MS ramp up & steady deliveries in the US since a year now - wonder what is really the story there and if at all we will have any MX orders in 2022! The 7 seater is still in the air….

Reactions: TrevTremaine
I’ll do the light show tonight. Guys, launches are insanity. Felt sick after the first one - can’t get faster than this 😁. I was told matrix please tell me it is…
Nope, sorry. You do have the new taillights and charge port. Again, last rumor we heard was from Sawyer Merritt and he said June/July for Matrix on MX.
I don’t think these are Matrix. They’ve got the full, wide, white eyeliner on the bottom. Just like the legacy i’m glancing out the window right now.

still have hope for 2nd half as the last message says but what shocks most is Zero MS deliveries to EU inspite MS ramp up & steady deliveries in the US since a year now - wonder what is really the story there and if at all we will have any MX orders in 2022! The 7 seater is still in the air….
Well, I'm hoping you guys get it soon. The first non-US deliveries only of the Model X started this week in Canada.

I feel like I'm back in the waiting room. My X is at the detailer for paint correction and a PPF wrap (dropped it off a week ago). Due to some quirks in my schedule, there are some delays on both the front and back end of this process, so I probably won't see it again for another week or two. They'd probably think I'm nuts if I went to go visit it, I'm guessing.

Bruce.
Are you doing the full car in ppf or just parts?

Ross

Nope, sorry. You do have the new taillights and charge port. Again, last rumor we heard was from Sawyer Merritt and he said June/July for Matrix on MX.
I’m thinking they have around 5,000 sets of old headlights and if production keeps up they will run out and switch to matrix in mid summer. Delayed from the S because the refresh S production has been ahead of the X. So I suspect most or all of us with current July EDDs will end up with the old stock, even if the EDD slips. Unless a bunch of EoQ California cars end up with them.

Maybe I’m wrong and it’s a design and production issue for the new lights.