Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DELIVERY UPDATE 2
1. Well, I've discovered American trains don't run on time. (Surprise, surprise) o_O:eek: Tesla texted this morning to ask if I would mind moving my delivery from Sunday to Tuesday because the X is "still in transit." That's what you get for shipping cars in coach instead of 1st class. I texted back, "sure." They appeared grateful. (What's 2 more days after 15 months? Maybe they'll have time to wash it!)
2. Dealing with Tesla so far has been easy. Wish I could say the same for my credit union. They're one more thinging me to death. Upload this. Give us that. Have you ever been arrested for practicing sorcery without a license? What did your father's mother's second cousin's third wife die of? (Just kidding on the last two, but it's not far off the mark). Blah, blah, blah.

That's it for now.

DELIVERY UPDATE 2
1. Well, I've discovered American trains don't run on time. (Surprise, surprise) o_O:eek: Tesla texted this morning to ask if I would mind moving my delivery from Sunday to Tuesday because the X is "still in transit." That's what you get for shipping cars in coach instead of 1st class. I texted back, "sure." They appeared grateful. (What's 2 more days after 15 months? Maybe they'll have time to wash it!)
2. Dealing with Tesla so far has been easy. Wish I could say the same for my credit union. They're one more thinging me to death. Upload this. Give us that. Have you ever been arrested for practicing sorcery without a license? What did your father's mother's second cousin's third wife die of? (Just kidding on the last two, but it's not far off the mark). Blah, blah, blah.

That's it for now.
You can bet if it was end of Quarter they’d yank that car off the train and make an intern drive it to your delivery center like he stole it!. 🤣

Spoke to someone at the Santa Clara Service center. (Stopped by just to check if they had the new emblem badge, car was delivered to me in February and they’re gonna send one to me through mobile service) stated there’s a possibility at a later time to upgrade to the new taillights and port after he checked with someone because he was unsure about the dimensions. Also, there’s been talk about the tesla all weather floor mats for second and third rows. I know, I know, taking it with a grain of salt. But just thought I would share.

Whoever ordered tesmanian mats, can you please post pics when you get them? Thanks!

DELIVERY UPDATE 2

That's it for now.
When we bought our Y the Credit Union wanted a signed document on Tesla letterhead stating they would provide the title/MSO to the vehicle financed within 90 days……. Nevermind the state laws requiring the same within 30 days and the bond required to sell vehicles, that sheet of paper is more powerful than those things.

Same here
I got my wall charger and installed, however i do have 14-50 which i been using for 3 years , but i changed my mind after selling my 2018 in October, to have a wall charger and keep the mobile one in the car, i am patiently waiting!!!
update, just after I wrote that, I got a range 5/13-5-17, no vin, however I got a vin on 4/15, gone after a day, but still on my MVPA.
2nd update, vin showed now, 3412xx

Last edited:
Reactions: ductordoc
Got vinned 2 weeks ago and had a edd of this week but last night it went to 3 weeks from now. I called my local showroom and they said the new edd is correct and then I texted the number that texted me that I had a vin and they said my edd is actually still this week and the app is wrong. Who to believe?

Got vinned 2 weeks ago and had a edd of this week but last night it went to 3 weeks from now. I called my local showroom and they said the new edd is correct and then I texted the number that texted me that I had a vin and they said my edd is actually still this week and the app is wrong. Who to believe?
Oh boy! I would pick the service center / delivery center over the sales advisor.

Reactions: Hunterbh
This is a Tesla problem. The S is even worse.
? The S visors are like every other car. I’ve had no problem with them.
If I need to go on a long drive I will.
I drove down to RI on a very bright and sunny day. Had sunglasses on but got a nice little sunburn.
I’m looking into tinti the upper part of the windshield if I can’t find a reliable sunscreen for inside the car. As it’s still April I’m not going to rush but by end of May a decision will need to be made.

With the acoustic glass (thicker laminate layer, including side windows) I highly doubt you got a sunburn through the windshield in a Refresh S or X.

Not All Car Windows Protect Against UV Rays

Spoke to someone at the Santa Clara Service center. (Stopped by just to check if they had the new emblem badge, car was delivered to me in February and they’re gonna send one to me through mobile service) stated there’s a possibility at a later time to upgrade to the new taillights and port after he checked with someone because he was unsure about the dimensions. Also, there’s been talk about the tesla all weather floor mats for second and third rows. I know, I know, taking it with a grain of salt. But just thought I would share.

Whoever ordered tesmanian mats, can you please post pics when you get them? Thanks!
Honestly, who cares about the tail lights and charge port? All I think most folks care about upgrading/retrofitting are the matrix headlights.

It’s already been discussed in Model S, Tesla Techs said NO. There is no way they are gonna upgrade taillights. It’s not so much the lights themselves it’s they changed the wiring harnesses for the charge port.

Looks wise I like the older tail lights myself. But I really like the Matrix headlights. And they will get better over time. And don’t even think that you’ll upgrade headlights either. You won’t have the programming to drive them.

Why so many folks are in a rush to get a half upgraded X is beyond me. Matrix might only be 10 weeks away.