Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My X Plaid was delivered with multiple issues in February and had to be towed to the service center immediately after delivery to my home. It's still at the service center where they are trying to fix multiple issues. Tesla has offered to replace the car since they've been unable to repair it for several months. My originally delivered model included the mobile connector. Apparently the new model does not. Am I entitled to have that included in the replace vehicle?
Go remove the connector while it's in your name then have them release it for a new one. Problem solved.

Sun visors are perfectly tailored to work in conjunction with the sunshade. It's a perfect fit. If you don't use the shade, you're wondering wtf. Possibly the answer might be, start using the shade more often.
Right but since Tesla no longer provides a sun shade which 3rd party will work with the refresh?
Some of the reviews for the "older" 3rd party ones state the new review mirror and camera housing is different and they will not fit properly. :eek:

My X Plaid was delivered with multiple issues in February and had to be towed to the service center immediately after delivery to my home. It's still at the service center where they are trying to fix multiple issues. Tesla has offered to replace the car since they've been unable to repair it for several months. My originally delivered model included the mobile connector. Apparently the new model does not. Am I entitled to have that included in the replace vehicle?

Yes. It's based on your order date.

Reactions: Rb48888
Of those who have taken delivery of the Model X and use Sirius XM do you ever find the Sirius XM icon disappears from time to time?
I moved it to the bottom bar for easy access but occasionally the icon is MIA... Am I the only one?
Happens all the time. Super annoying. It just comes and goes quite often. Don't understand why they can't fix it as its been happening to me since I took delivery Jan 31.

Happens all the time. Super annoying. It just comes and goes quite often. Don't understand why they can't fix it as its been happening to me since I took delivery Jan 31.
Since I don't have my MX yet, and I don't have any experience with Tesla's, I can tell you it does the exact same thing on a VW Atlas! The buttons just say Sirius XM with no icon! Turning the radio off and on doesn't clear it either. You have to turn the car off and get out of it. Most times that will resolve the issue.

Yeah I read about your experience a few hundred pages back. Sorry it has not turned out well for you. If I remember correctly, it is new orders placed beyond 4/17 that will not have the connectors. But your situation is different and nothing is certain with Tesla. Best advice is to "talk" to service center and get it in writting if they will include.

Of those who have taken delivery of the Model X and use Sirius XM do you ever find the Sirius XM icon disappears from time to time?
I moved it to the bottom bar for easy access but occasionally the icon is MIA... Am I the only one?
There are threads in other parts of X forums and subforums that discuss issues with Sirius.

I don't know if this is your issue, but from what I remember, there are a finite number of spots available for media. So if one uses a new media an old one can disappear.

As others said, it should be based on your order date but who knows with Tesla. This will likely be a new order since you have had the car for a while and they will do a price adjustment to your old price.

Is the Mobile Connector in the car or at your house? If it's at your house, just keep it. If it's in the car, ask the SC if you can get access to the car to remove your personal belongings and grab it while you're there.

Right but since Tesla no longer provides a sun shade which 3rd party will work with the refresh?
Some of the reviews for the "older" 3rd party ones state the new review mirror and camera housing is different and they will not fit properly. :eek:
Weren't the sunshades listed in the Tesla apparel store previous to this? I don't see em now-- did they stop selling them or not available yet? If so thats a big mistake because that sunshade is like a savior sometimes. I'd ask your local service center-- maybe they have some in stock and grab em quick. Looks like I'll be holding onto my sunshade from my 2018 and mobile connector as well. Maxspider mats too. Sheesh.

Ok my partners in Model X refresh deliveries, let’s discuss the front windshield and 3 degree sunburns.
I have a fair skin and burn looking at photos of the Sun. How are you all managing the Sun since Tesla stopped including the sunshade.
Yes, I can apply Sun screen 50 uv protection so that’s covered…. What ya got people?
Do I have to wear a hat in the car?

Reactions: IAMCCF
Couple of things. Agree that Superchagers are not typically located in garden spots. Why would you be limited to SC locations for food? We drove from Seattle to SF last summer and found some SCs in BFN, but found some really great food stops along the way. All in all the trip was quite civilized - no kids though.
We have the luxury of time in road travel. We prefer to carry our own food or get meals to go and picnic, so we generally use rest areas which obviously does not overlap with supercharging. Otherwise we would eat in the car at an SC which is not nearly as comfortable nor scenic. Snacking while driving is common for us as we usually have a tray of cheese cubes etc. handy. No kids traveling with us.

I had this same exact issue in a 2019 Subaru Ascent we had... tried several reboots, took it in for service but to no avail, we just learned to live with it... sometimes it would just randomly come back when we turned the car off and back on... Sometimes a reboot would do it..... Have not experienced this on the Model X yet.

Ok my partners in Model X refresh deliveries, let’s discuss the front windshield and 3 degree sunburns.
I have a fair skin and burn looking at photos of the Sun. How are you all managing the Sun since Tesla stopped including the sunshade.
Yes, I can apply Sun screen 50 uv protection so that’s covered…. What ya got people?
I burn easily as well because of an old sunburn incident/scarring back in my 20's. I've mentioned before that Spectra Photosync tint was tested the best at stopping UV rays, and it works amazingly even at the lightest tint. Before getting it I felt like an ant in the sun under a microscope when driving my X even with the previous owners dark tint band on the top of the windshield. I do use my sunshade still with the Spectra Photosync applied, but not often even in So. Cal. When I do it's mostly for driving into the sun.

Reactions: IAMCCF
Looks gorgeous. I can’t believe Canada is getting the refresh before Florida… 🥹
Well, considering he ordered it before you did (as did I), what's the issue? Florida has been getting them for a long while already. This gentleman is amongst the first to get their orders fulfilled in Canada. Most of us are looking at August before deliveries will happen here.

Do I have to wear a hat in the car?
If I need to go on a long drive I will.
I drove down to RI on a very bright and sunny day. Had sunglasses on but got a nice little sunburn.
I’m looking into tinti the upper part of the windshield if I can’t find a reliable sunscreen for inside the car. As it’s still April I’m not going to rush but by end of May a decision will need to be made.