Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went out to jack my X up to swap rear tires and discovered one of the jack pads is missing.
20220427_191128.jpg

It’s already been discussed in Model S, Tesla Techs said NO. There is no way they are gonna upgrade taillights. It’s not so much the lights themselves it’s they changed the wiring harnesses for the charge port.

Looks wise I like the older tail lights myself. But I really like the Matrix headlights. And they will get better over time. And don’t even think that you’ll upgrade headlights either. You won’t have the programming to drive them.

Why so many folks are in a rush to get a half upgraded X is beyond me. Matrix might only be 10 weeks away.
all this fuzz about the matrix lights...one might think they will wash the dishes for you.
never saw a complaint about the current lights not being sufficient.

i have 'Laser' lights on my BMW and it improved my driving experience by 0

I got my wall charger and installed, however i do have 14-50 which i been using for 3 years , but i changed my mind after selling my 2018 in October, to have a wall charger and keep the mobile one in the car, i am patiently waiting!!!
update, just after I wrote that, I got a range 5/13-5-17, no vin, however I got a vin on 4/15, gone after a day, but still on my MVPA.
2nd update, vin showed now, 3412xx
Plaid?

all this fuzz about the matrix lights...one might think they will wash the dishes for you.
never saw a complaint about the current lights not being sufficient.

i have 'Laser' lights on my BMW and it improved my driving experience by 0
The better things are illuminated the better AP/FSD can see too.
I had the old lights, I had no big complaints, but car testing places did, but I do enjoy the new ones.
Keep in ming the current Matrix is "emulating" regular headlights right now so you want see much washing dishes yet.
They do feel brighter and more evenly distributed though.
I'm sure we'll see some creative tricks coming that will take full advantage of them. And I don't mean Music Videos.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
As prospective Tesla X owners who have been waiting 369 days for our X, my wife and I have been frustrated by the lack of a .pdf of the Owner's manual. I wrote Tesla, asking where to find a .pdf of the owner's manual, and was told that they used to have a .pdf, but didn't any more. Here is what they said:

"Hi Bill, thanks for reaching out. We recently moved away from PDFs in favor of the HTML Owner’s Manual that you were using. We currently do not have any plans to bring the PDF back but are monitoring feedback from customers to gauge interest."

I replied with the reasons I thought a .pdf would be useful -- as I'm sure did many others who also wanted a .pdf.

The "Owner's Manual Team" got back to me this week to say that "we will be supporting an Owner's Manual PDF, starting with version 2022.12. You can find the link at the bottom of the Owner's Manual page online." As indeed I did find it, and saved it to my hard drive, and shortly will be printing it out to study to get ready for my [July???] delivery. I'm sure some folks are fine with only an HTML version, but for me the .pdf will be very useful. So I'm letting you folks know in case you also are interested in having a .pdf.

Bill

As prospective Tesla X owners who have been waiting 369 days for our X, my wife and I have been frustrated by the lack of a .pdf of the Owner's manual. I wrote Tesla, asking where to find a .pdf of the owner's manual, and was told that they used to have a .pdf, but didn't any more. Here is what they said:

"Hi Bill, thanks for reaching out. We recently moved away from PDFs in favor of the HTML Owner’s Manual that you were using. We currently do not have any plans to bring the PDF back but are monitoring feedback from customers to gauge interest."

I replied with the reasons I thought a .pdf would be useful -- as I'm sure did many others who also wanted a .pdf.

The "Owner's Manual Team" got back to me this week to say that "we will be supporting an Owner's Manual PDF, starting with version 2022.12. You can find the link at the bottom of the Owner's Manual page online." As indeed I did find it, and saved it to my hard drive, and shortly will be printing it out to study to get ready for my [July???] delivery. I'm sure some folks are fine with only an HTML version, but for me the .pdf will be very useful. So I'm letting you folks know in case you also are interested in having a .pdf.

Bill

Bill
You can go to this link Model X Owner's Manual | Tesla
and CTRL-P then save as PDF

I have been unVIN’d!! Yay! Yes yay because it was done at my request. I chose to reject persistently delayed delivery of my 331xxx car since being VIN’d in March due to QC issues. Did not want to take delivery of a car that was produced weeks ago and hasn’t cleared QC as yet and has no reliable ETA. Also because I am traveling and won’t be there to inspect the car in-person on delivery for next few weeks.

Honestly, who cares about the tail lights and charge port? All I think most folks care about upgrading/retrofitting are the matrix headlights.
Maybe people who got the car right before they upgraded em?
It’s already been discussed in Model S, Tesla Techs said NO. There is no way they are gonna upgrade taillights. It’s not so much the lights themselves it’s they changed the wiring harnesses for the charge port.

Looks wise I like the older tail lights myself. But I really like the Matrix headlights. And they will get better over time. And don’t even think that you’ll upgrade headlights either. You won’t have the programming to drive them.

Why so many folks are in a rush to get a half upgraded X is beyond me. Matrix might only be 10 weeks away.
Nobody knew they were going to change taillights and so forth while just starting production. They started delivering model Xs with the old taillights before any talk of changing them or changing the model S taillights/headlights. Not like many have a choice to “rush”.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I have been unVIN’d!! Yay! Yes yay because it was done at my request. I chose to reject persistently delayed delivery of my 331xxx car since being VIN’d in March due to QC issues. Did not want to take delivery of a car that was produced weeks ago and hasn’t cleared QC as yet and has no reliable ETA. Also because I am traveling and won’t be there to inspect the car in-person on delivery for next few weeks.
Good on you! If you can wait (and what's a few more weeks/months when you have waited this long already?), prolly a good call.

Reactions: sukhi
Maybe people who got the car right before they upgraded em?

Nobody knew they were going to change taillights and so forth while just starting production. They started delivering model Xs with the old taillights before any talk of changing them or changing the model S taillights/headlights. Not like many have a choice to “rush”.
Sure. But you know now and it’s been known for a while. There are many ways to delay your order. And many many Model S owners did. Mine luckily was delayed just enough by two weeks. If it didn’t land right I would have delayed it or just rejected it. Sure more upgrades will come. But this one was to significant and to close in time to pass up.