Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a first time Tesla buyer and have learned a lot from this forum and this is my first post. I ordered 5 seats plaid with FSD in November 2021 and switched to 6 seats in January 2022 when Tesla asked. I got vin on April 12 and took delivery today. The delivery process was smooth and the car is in great conditions with no issues so far. Thanks to everyone on this forum.

Update: after a very nice, easy pick up at Sunnyvale, I have my car! To my naked eye, no major issues with alignment, panels, scratches, etc. The advisor was really nice - got out of the way when we were doing the inspection, and was very helpful when we were unable to pair our key card. We took a good 1.5h to go through the checklist and except some of the lights which we could not test due to a bright day and charging/USB, most everything checked out.

I am attaching some close ups for you to help me see if there are alignment issues. I see on the right FWD a small alignment issue at the door handle and a bit of it at the top. Other than that, seems alright. What do you think?
Other than some minor alignment and things, it looks gorgeous! Could use some more pictures of interior and popped open FWD's, playa. I can never get enough!🙂

Yes, they prioritize orders from the 27th and after. The ones before that date they owe $2,000 to, so they choose to only rarely deliver one of those. Bunch of short sighted tight asses. It will cost them much more than $2,000 down the road. In business, you want to make decisions like you are a company of a 1,000 years. Tesla makes decisions like a company of 36 months

Tesla updated the pricing on the mobile connectors, though they are still out of stock.

Even more interesting to me at the moment is they dropped the price of the wall connector yet again, this time to $400. I will have the X and the R1T and had tentatively decided on two Wallboxes, but with a cost difference of $600 now for two units it seems like the Tesla connectors are a no-brainer. I need load-sharing, which both support. I just wish the Tesla connectors had more features, like the monitoring and scheduling the Wallbox has. Hopefully this comes in a firmware update.

30EE1D1D-51AB-4E20-A635-5E7342E4B4C9.png

They added the option to order wall charger or mobile connector at the end of the order page.
F81A3391-F32A-4A20-AC50-441D43DEC5E9.jpeg

View attachment 798679
They added the option to order wall charger or mobile connector at the end of the order page.View attachment 798681
I wonder if this means new builds with included mobile connectors will include a 14-50 adapter automatically, even if you ordered before the cut-off. I just ordered and received the adapter since they’ve been difficult to find in-stock.

Reactions: honeyfist301
Update: after a very nice, easy pick up at Sunnyvale, I have my car! To my naked eye, no major issues with alignment, panels, scratches, etc. The advisor was really nice - got out of the way when we were doing the inspection, and was very helpful when we were unable to pair our key card. We took a good 1.5h to go through the checklist and except some of the lights which we could not test due to a bright day and charging/USB, most everything checked out.

I am attaching some close ups for you to help me see if there are alignment issues. I see on the right FWD a small alignment issue at the door handle and a bit of it at the top. Other than that, seems alright. What do you think?
Oh, and mobile charger was included.

Dropped by my local delivery center and inquired about my order, the rep said it’s likely mid to end of July… and when I told him that if they have anything with 6 white seats, I’ll take it, don’t care about the color or wheel, the rep said there’s nothing he could do…

Tesla updated the pricing on the mobile connectors, though they are still out of stock.

Even more interesting to me at the moment is they dropped the price of the wall connector yet again, this time to $400. I will have the X and the R1T and had tentatively decided on two Wallboxes, but with a cost difference of $600 now for two units it seems like the Tesla connectors are a no-brainer. I need load-sharing, which both support. I just wish the Tesla connectors had more features, like the monitoring and scheduling the Wallbox has. Hopefully this comes in a firmware update.
Ouch, just got one last week!!!

Ouch , i just got one 2 days ago!!

Couple of things...the Wallbox (which I have admittedly zero experience with) has a J1772 connector, but the Tesla Wall Connector has the proprietary Tesla connector. So if you want to charge the R1T with a Wall Connector you'll need a Tesla-to-J1772 adapter (Tesla doesn't make one but there are some third-party ones available). Also, the X can do its own charge scheduling even if the charging equipment doesn't (don't know about the R1T).

I agree the Wall Connector is pretty tempting at that price.

Bruce.

Dropped by my local delivery center and inquired about my order, the rep said it’s likely mid to end of July… and when I told him that if they have anything with 6 white seats, I’ll take it, don’t care about the color or wheel, the rep said there’s nothing he could do…
I actually did this and actually received a vin the following week.

Feels like hpwc price has gone down and down to try to push folks to it away from the supply constrained mobile connector.

The frustration for me is that we have the older wall connector for our model 3 that talks over a wire if paired to a second. The current ones are wireless, but I don’t expect one new and one old would work together… and I’m not eager to replace the old working one… but I only have a 60A electric line so I dont really want a fixed power split between the two… sigh. Planning to just make do with the one for now and see how it goes.

Reactions: ductordoc