Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes it is. I also have to add that the stereo is darn impressive. I thought the Model 3 had a nice sound system but this puts it to shame.

And I need to check tomorrow but I think the 2nd row seat backs may recline. I thought one of the gripes on the older model was that the 6-seat 2nd row whole seat angled instead just the back reclining? Am I confused about that or have they changed it?

Sadly it seems like the 3rd row only has a single seat-back position (no recline like the 3rd row in the minivan we’re coming from). But having 2 USB ports right there in the 3rd row is pretty slick.

All right, but… I think I need Optimus to help switch out the thumb drive in the glove box. It’s at the very back and the space is so pinched with zero visibility once your paw is in there… I’d be embarrassed to say how long I spent trying to stick the Tesla thumb drive back in there after I took it out to see how big it was (128 GB). Kind of funny they feel they need a notice on the drive specifically excluding it from the vehicle warranty. 😂

There was a software update pending as soon as my phone connected to the car. It kept failing to install until I caught the momentary notice that I had to turn off Sentry mode to install it. So pro tip: turn off sentry mode to install the update.

I’m eager to try FSD but it was calibrating during the ride home and I haven’t gone anywhere meaningful since. I’ll try in the morning but it might be a while before I drive it peacefully enough to turn on the safety score to re-apply for the beta (which we have and I love on the 3). I’m consoling myself that I haven’t heard of anyone with a refresh X getting it yet anyway. Hopefully before too long. :)
Yes the second row on the 6 seat just tilts but is a fixed L shape. This hasn’t been changed, at least on the refresh I was in.

Yes the second row on the 6 seat just tilts but is a fixed L shape. This hasn’t been changed, at least on the refresh I was in.
Ok. It looked like the back changed angle relative to the lower seat when it moved forward to allow 3rd row access so I guess I hoped it would change angles in normal operation too, but I’ll check in detail tomorrow.

Hello, I have been following this thread for quite sometime. I currently have a 5 Seat LR on order with EDD of January 2022. I did NOT order the FSD. If I should decide to Add-On the FSD now ...will this change my EDD to sooner than January 2022? Is that the general consensus ?

Thankyou in Advance
Last I checked there was not any advantage to having FSD. If you look at the spread sheet it makes it appear as though there is an advantage but that is because people ordering plaid are more likely to also order FSD, and so really it is the plaid that has the advantage, not the FSD.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Picked up today from Devon, PA. There were some minor alignment issues... they said to bring it back for a service appointment in -- I hesitate to say it, but two weeks -- to fix them. But they're all minor except for the trim underneath one of the FWDs is clearly not positioned quite right. Even that you'd hope would be an easy fix. The car itself is amazing, and it almost blew my mind when I merged onto the PA turnpike at 50mph and *then* hit the go pedal. The Model 3 doesn't pull anything like that once already at 50!

I like the yoke though I'm still getting used to it -- my fingers kept going for the "air stalk" to activate the turn signal. The only weird thing with the yoke is that it blocks visibility of the lower-left corner of the touch screen, so for instance I can't see the car icon. I haven't fooled with the seating and yoke position much yet, so maybe that can be avoided?

Vin 339xxx and FWIW no matrix headlights and pushing the center of the yoke doesn't trigger the horn.

View attachment 799240
this pic is so sexy it should be labeled nsfw. Wow. 😄😍

Picked up today from Devon, PA. There were some minor alignment issues... they said to bring it back for a service appointment in -- I hesitate to say it, but two weeks -- to fix them. But they're all minor except for the trim underneath one of the FWDs is clearly not positioned quite right. Even that you'd hope would be an easy fix. The car itself is amazing, and it almost blew my mind when I merged onto the PA turnpike at 50mph and *then* hit the go pedal. The Model 3 doesn't pull anything like that once already at 50!

I like the yoke though I'm still getting used to it -- my fingers kept going for the "air stalk" to activate the turn signal. The only weird thing with the yoke is that it blocks visibility of the lower-left corner of the touch screen, so for instance I can't see the car icon. I haven't fooled with the seating and yoke position much yet, so maybe that can be avoided?

Vin 339xxx and FWIW no matrix headlights and pushing the center of the yoke doesn't trigger the horn.

View attachment 799240

absolutely beautiful, but something is bothering me... where are you charging from?? looks like its just randomly going into your yard?

I dunno. I sold my MX in Feb 21 expecting delivery in March 21. I know, I know, yes, I'm crazy gullible. Someone at Tesla told me all I needed was a binder, which I secured and uploaded. Thursday, a kid in the delivery center called and said they did not accept binders. I needed to upload an actual insurance coverage card with the MX, including VIN, is listed. The kid also said the insurance should take effect 3 days prior to my taking delivery and extend a minimum of 60 days after delivery. I complied, but this is all I know.
All these insurance specific requirements are state specific. Here in California, it’s sufficient to upload a valid insurance card for an existing car.

absolutely beautiful, but something is bothering me... where are you charging from?? looks like its just randomly going into your yard?
Lol, our house is on the right. The neighbor’s is the one in view. :)

We have a Wall Charger mounted on the outside corner of the garage since the inside of the garage is 50% gym, 50% storage, and 50% bikes, rollerblades, and nerf guns. I guess there’s a lawnmower in there too. Anyway, it’s a major production to make room for a car, so we save it for the serious storms.

In another neighborhood around here someone has an S and a 3 they park in their driveway and they have a wall charger on a wood post in the back of the driveway, midway between the two spots. I guess there’s underground power for it.

Is Model X Refresh worth the wait? Sandy Munro thinks so. Sandy reviewed the Model S Plaid a couple of months back and it wowed him. His only real complaint was he thought the back seats in the S aren't comfortable enough. In the video linked here, one of Sandy's employees bought an X and brings it to work for him to look at. Sandy fiddles with the X, drives it around some and comments: "I'm changing my mind. I thought the S was the best car, but no, it's the X." He really likes it. (For those who don't know, Sandy Munro is a kind of guru who came up in the car business at Ford. He later left and started a consulting company on manufacturing/engineering. His clients range from companies that build rocket ships to all the major auto manufacturers. What he does is to buy a car, completely disassemble it and pass judgment on the design and engineering that is put into voluminous reports that cost clients 6 figures. He is highly thought of).

Sandy Munro Drives An X LR
Not sure if it has already been pointed out, the individual who brings his model X to Sandy is not an employee of his. He is a YouTuber (Dirty Tesla).

Hi Everyone, I’ve been following this forum for a while now but haven’t posted anything yet.

Model X 5 seater, black exterior, black interior with 22 rims no FSD. Order date May 2021. Located in Central Valley of California.

Received a VIN about a week ago with delivery date of Apr 29-May 3. After several calls with Tesla and no update other than “we will let you know when you can schedule a delivery”, my delivery range changed to May 11-17

Any advice on who to contact to get more details about the delay (don’t have any SA that I know of assigned to my account). My local Fresno Tesla says the car is showing to be picked up in Lathrop (no idea why).

Reactions: JER85 and Elixir
Hi Everyone, I’ve been following this forum for a while now but haven’t posted anything yet.

Model X 5 seater, black exterior, black interior with 22 rims no FSD. Order date May 2021. Located in Central Valley of California.

Received a VIN about a week ago with delivery date of Apr 29-May 3. After several calls with Tesla and no update other than “we will let you know when you can schedule a delivery”, my delivery range changed to May 11-17

Any advice on who to contact to get more details about the delay (don’t have any SA that I know of assigned to my account). My local Fresno Tesla says the car is showing to be picked up in Lathrop (no idea why).
Delays happen all the time. It is best not to get too concerned about them. Calling the SA does not make the car ship faster. The factory will ship it when they are done and have transportation available. And FWIW, many of us have had multiple delivery dates. I had 5 or more before receiving my car.

• Informative
Reactions: lexus26
Delays happen all the time. It is best not to get too concerned about them. Calling the SA does not make the car ship faster. The factory will ship it when they are done and have transportation available. And FWIW, many of us have had multiple delivery dates. I had 5 or more before receiving my car.
Got it thank you! I’ve read so many posts on here saying that the delay ended up being because of paint chips or other major problems with the car itself so got a little concerned. I’ll keep waiting! Just grateful to have a VIN and EDD range at this point

Reactions: Jbell