Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got it thank you! I’ve read so many posts on here saying that the delay ended up being because of paint chips or other major problems with the car itself so got a little concerned. I’ll keep waiting! Just grateful to have a VIN and EDD range at this point
Just check it over carefully before you sign all the papers. Telsa SAs are pretty low-key and should not have an issue with you spending some time to make sure the car is good.

Reactions: lsds
Got it thank you! I’ve read so many posts on here saying that the delay ended up being because of paint chips or other major problems with the car itself so got a little concerned. I’ll keep waiting! Just grateful to have a VIN and EDD range at this point
I think a more important reason to not worry too much about delays is because you will be unlikely to find anyone that really knows the reason. You will find lots of people at Tesla happy to make up a reason for the delay, so you can never really trust the answer you get.

Generally the windows are fairly random, and their system will just continually bump EDDs once you hit the beginning of the window. It was likely just a bad estimate to start with.

Reactions: cjkosh
I think a more important reason to not worry too much about delays is because you will be unlikely to find anyone that really knows the reason. You will find lots of people at Tesla happy to make up a reason for the delay, so you can never really trust the answer you get.

Generally the windows are fairly random, and their system will just continually bump EDDs once you hit the beginning of the window. It was likely just a bad estimate to start with.
Yea that’s true as well. I’ve gotten 4 different reasons and 2 different delivery locations from 4 different people, so TBH I don’t even know where I’m going to be picking up my car as of right now.

I am having a really hard time with Tesla communication right now. I got a VIN and someone on my text thread said it was not supposed to be assigned to me and that it had safety concerns. I've had it for a few days and even got a delivery scheduled for Wednesday after I was told it was no good.

I went in to the service center today and the very helpful person said that as far as he can tell I am good for the delivery on Wednesday. He even told me where the car was and that it was in transit.

If that's true I need to get my financing in order tomorrow. If it's not true, setting up the financing will waste a lot of time.

Not sure who to believe right now. I want the car Wednesday of course. I am going back in tomorrow at the SA's request.

In order to get ready for a delivery inspection (should my EDD turn into a VIN and the VIN into an actual X), I took a close look at the Refresh Model X Issue Tracking spreadsheet. I see that no one has updated it with any issues in the last month or so (no posts in April). Might this mean that quality is improving?

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I am having a really hard time with Tesla communication right now. I got a VIN and someone on my text thread said it was not supposed to be assigned to me and that it had safety concerns. I've had it for a few days and even got a delivery scheduled for Wednesday after I was told it was no good.

I went in to the service center today and the very helpful person said that as far as he can tell I am good for the delivery on Wednesday. He even told me where the car was and that it was in transit.

If that's true I need to get my financing in order tomorrow. If it's not true, setting up the financing will waste a lot of time.

Not sure who to believe right now. I want the car Wednesday of course. I am going back in tomorrow at the SA's request.
I'm having a similar (lack of) communication situation. It's a bummer.

In order to get ready for a delivery inspection (should my EDD turn into a VIN and the VIN into an actual X), I took a close look at the Refresh Model X Issue Tracking spreadsheet. I see that no one has updated it with any issues in the last month or so (no posts in April). Might this mean that quality is improving?
Probably not. There have been very few deliveries in April due to the airbag hold\recall.

Random Q for 22 inch wheels.

Mine did not come with these fillers (shown in pictures). I received my refresh 12/31/21 so assume they forgot / were in a rush (or unavailable). Service said they'll order them for me.

I noticed other pictures without these fillers - and either other owners don't have them, like the look without them, or didn't know they were something available (maybe in Frunk for some).

Any thoughts?View attachment 799106

I have mine stored in the basement. I love the look of the 22s without the inserts.

Attachments

• A4F00A12-82C9-4CDB-804C-B3C45058B1A3.jpeg
    A4F00A12-82C9-4CDB-804C-B3C45058B1A3.jpeg
    433.6 KB · Views: 91
Need to get this off my chest.

Another MX LR/Red/Black Interior/20" shows up at my Rockville MD delivery center this past week. I email "inside delivery" team to ask if they can tell me if this customer's RN is before or after mine and they reply "can't share customer info" (VIN: 7SAXCDE58NF3392XX)

Well the same team was able to tell me 2 months ago this kind of information when I saw another LR/Red MX show up and they promptly told me that person's RN was a month before mine and that "I'm priority don't worry".

So I can only assume they won't tell me now because this new one is actually for a customer that ordered after me.

So disappointed. In the time that we've been waiting since Feb 28 2021, my 5 YO has been diagnosed with cancer, completed chemo, surgery, radiation and is in remission. All last year we were hoping to have this car to have a sliver of fun and enjoyment driving to clinic. Just want to stop disappointing him with this GD delivery and GD company.

Attachments

• image0 (1).jpeg
    image0 (1).jpeg
    626.3 KB · Views: 74

Another MX LR/Red/Black Interior/20" shows up at my Rockville MD delivery center this past week. I email "inside delivery" team to ask if they can tell me if this customer's RN is before or after mine and they reply "can't share customer info" (VIN: 7SAXCDE58NF3392XX)

Well the same team was able to tell me 2 months ago this kind of information when I saw another LR/Red MX show up and they promptly told me that person's RN was a month before mine and that "I'm priority don't worry".

So I can only assume they won't tell me now because this new one is actually for a customer that ordered after me.

So disappointed. In the time that we've been waiting since Feb 28 2021, my 5 YO has been diagnosed with cancer, completed chemo, surgery, radiation and is in remission. All last year we were hoping to have this car to have a sliver of fun and enjoyment driving to clinic. Just want to stop disappointing him with this GD delivery and GD company.
I feel you on all points. Sorry to hear this.

Oh mannn! So sorry for your sons health, but so happy he is in remission!!! It put a smile on my face to read that word. He'll get to enjoy the insane launches and cheetah mode with you and your family soon. I ordered within a month or so of you, so hopefully we'll get our magnificent beasts before long. I'm again getting blue,

but that red tho...

Anybody had these messages? I swear the X of all the teslas I’ve owned has the most messages ever View attachment 799557View attachment 799558
damn @kingjones94, sorry for your troubles. Sounds like you've definitely got some electronic issues. Did you have the charging overheat issue too? And what's your thoughts on your starship other than the issues? Have you launched that bad boy or gapped some clowns yet?