Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does this change mean my delivery date is going to change from TBD or is it a change everyone got?
Screenshot_20220505-070559_Tesla.jpg

This is why we went with white. Also, the black trim on the white interior is smooth so it's pretty easy to wrap unlike the walnut.
I liked the way the wood trim looked on the website, then saw some refreshes on the SC lot, and was not so impressed. I switched my order to a Plaid which fixes that and other 'things', and switched interior to black, which I love more than the Raven black.

Reactions: lsds and ductordoc
As I continue to patiently wait for my 7 seater, I continue the debate to switch to the white interior. I just hate the walnut trim. Any good aftermarket options to change it to black or carbon fiber?
Changing to the Plaid will give you carbon fiber. That is one of the reasons I ordered the LR. I like the walnut, and can't stand the CF. To each his own.

I waited 15 months and 2 days. I accept delivery Saturday. Take a little heart here, I doubt you'll have to wait that much longer. Deliveries are definitely picking up. And truth be told, Tesla didn't actually get the assembly line up and running until last fall. Even then, it was limited until early this year. When the line was working, it's pretty apparent they concentrated on getting new S's out the door first; X production didn't really start to ramp until eh, around March. Then they had the 2-3 week shutdown because of the airbag issue.

That's all to say I think X's will be rolling out a lot quicker now, at least they seem to be. If it's even haphazardly chronological, given they concentrated on 6 seaters first, but still loosely chronological, and I'm a Feb 21 order, they'll be working their way down the reservation list a lot faster than they have been. Just a guess... another 6-8 weeks or so until you take delivery?
I’ll be at 13 months next week, but the spreadsheet shows green lines filling in closer and closer to my order date so I continue to have faith.

Reactions: ductordoc
In an attempt to consolidate data (for those interested) and perhaps help keep this main delivery thread clean, I've started a thread focused on the motorized tilting screen feature: Model X OEM Tilting Screen Thread

Can we stop calling it a tilting screen? It doesn't tilt. It is a swivel.

tilt
Verb
To slope or incline (something); to slant

swivel
Verb
To swing or turn, as on a pin or pivot.