Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe I'm the outlier but I dont feel like I'm missing out on the tilting screen. Even if I did have it, It would likely be in the neutral position most of the time anyways for ease of use by both the driver and passenger.

Elon noticed that you didn't use it for the past year and are dropping the feature soon ...

So my 2022 MXP was supposed to be picked up from the Santa clara service center for some paint trim correction and panel gaps fix and I get a call from my rep saying that the service technician deployed the side airbags when replacing the yolk worm. And now had to replace the headboard and other interior trim.

Anyone else had a smilies experience with standard service?

I agree. It will most likely be in a position that you prefer but it has to be moved to it.
I'd probably keep it oriented towards me, the driver, since I like the cocoon of monitors around me. Not only is it comforting but glances should be easier since you're supposed to keep eyes trained on the road. If wifey wants to take a look see, I'll swivel-- oh I'm sorry, tiLT it over.

Surprising absolutely nobody, my car is stuck in Marietta GA because of a firmware hold. And the windshield is busted and needs to be replaced.

Why they sent it to GA instead of my local delivery center is anyones guess.

My frustration cannot be described.
Same thing happen here, they ended up releasing my vin. I'm waiting to get a new vin match since march 29th.

What are the details of your case? Mine just got moved yesterday from the Birmingham AL rail yard to Marietta where it awaits repairs. I only found out today the reason after I basically begged for more information.
Something happen to the rear hatch during transportation. Parts, time involved ect. My Service center manager has been really informative. Patiently waiting on a new vin to be matched to me.

Reactions: StrayTexel
This is true for all high tech products. You buy the best product that's available at the time. There will always be something better in the future. You either need to be satisfied with the one you buy, or make a plan to upgrade. And if you upgrade, the cycle starts again.
Hi gglockner,
Finally, how did you solved your wiring problem with the pigtail ?
Did you test it with your LED tester into the 7-pin plug of your Tesla ?
Tel me if you have 12v on the 7-pin plug or if you'll have to switch red/blue wire as described by @ShawnA ?
Thanks again !

Tell Tesla to stop calling it a tilting screen. 🤪View attachment 801120

Wow... I can't believe it... but I took a screenshot of the website two weeks after I ordered my car. It says I am supposed to have Left-Right TILT...
The snapshot is dated February 2, 2021... good to know... attached is a copy:

Attachments

• Dash 1.JPG
    Dash 1.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 185
I'd probably keep it oriented towards me, the driver, since I like the cocoon of monitors around me. Not only is it comforting but glances should be easier since you're supposed to keep eyes trained on the road. If wifey wants to take a look see, I'll swivel-- oh I'm sorry, tiLT it over.
Occasionally when I back the Y out of the garage in the afternoon, there is a strong glare from the setting sun.

With a motorized tilt screen, cameras all around, and AI, it should be a relatively simple matter to triangulate the sun and adjust the reflection off the driver’s face. Just put it as an optional setting “Auto adjust screen to minimize glare.”