Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You do know windshield tinting below the AS-1 line is mostly illegal in nearly every state (if they say 5-6 inches allowed that’s basically just the AS-1 visor strip area)? Just do 70% and they’ll never notice it especially if you are doing 30% or darker on the other windows. The windshield will look 100% clear in comparison.
Agree, i did 50% , i was wondering my self , if there is something there, planning to do 30% next time, Florida it too hot and bright in summer.

Installers get away with charging that because the owners pay for it.

Per my previous post, you can easily get better for less.

Full PPF Suntek in LA with ceramic is about 5-6k and I think LA is high...
Indeed you are correct, I found three highly rated installers that will do the same job with the same product in the 4-5K range. It's definitely worth it to shop around!

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I’m sorry to hear of your experience. 😢
I trust Tesla will make it right for you at least with your vehicle, and I anticipate better vehicle delivery logistics design in the future!

Everybody who has a bad experience should give as constructive of feedback as possible. It will make a difference.
I kinda regretted that post as soon as I wrote it. I hate to be "that guy", who complains on this forum. My delivery date has been rescheduled yet again (the Sixth time) since I posted it, but I have resolved to maintain low expectations so I don't end up frustrated. In the end, I will have my car for many years and this dysfunctional delivery process will fade from my memory.

I physically went into a service center and explained that my delivery window has now shifted in excess of 11 times and that it would be helpful to understand what is going on so that I could determine when it would be appropriate to actually shift my calendar to accommodate logistics of taking delivery.
I'd rather they shift my deliveries and fix stuffs, then have the car with tons of problems. It's pretty frustrating though I'm sure.

I'd rather they shift my deliveries and fix stuffs, then have the car with tons of problems. It's pretty frustrating though I'm sure.
If a car fails inspection and needs repairs that don't have parts (or labor) available, why not detach that customer and assign them a fresh VIN that doesn't have issues? The current MO seems to be that you get stuck to that failed VIN until it gets repaired... no matter how long it takes.

I kinda regretted that post as soon as I wrote it. I hate to be "that guy", who complains on this forum. My delivery date has been rescheduled yet again (the Sixth time) since I posted it, but I have resolved to maintain low expectations so I don't end up frustrated. In the end, I will have my car for many years and this dysfunctional delivery process will fade from my memory.
You're sounding like a psychologist. "Lower your moral standards, so you don't get disappointed in life, " /JK

Agreed, but any kind of communication would definitely be better than radio silence. Additionally I got the “your car is ready to be delivered text” this morning, but it turned out it was an automated system error… the football gets moved once more…

I saw you are getting yours delivered Wed, congrats! Did the plaid test order end up beating the LR?

P.S. can someone kindly inform me how on earth you are supposed to react to posts here? Mobile Safari Web Client.

Reactions: studioloft
Agreed, but any kind of communication would definitely be better than radio silence. Additionally I got the “your car is ready to be delivered text” this morning, but it turned out it was an automated system error… the football gets moved once more…

I saw you are getting yours delivered Wed, congrats! Did the plaid test order end up beating the LR?

P.S. can someone kindly inform me how on earth you are supposed to react to posts here? Mobile Safari Web Client.
The LR order from Jan '21 and changed to Plaid/blk interior came in first at this point. 2nd Plaid order Jan '22 still says October. But I haven't got my hands on the magnificent beast yet-- and what happened to @EV-lutioin with the delays is never out of mind.

We'll see.

If a car fails inspection and needs repairs that don't have parts (or labor) available, why not detach that customer and assign them a fresh VIN that doesn't have issues? The current MO seems to be that you get stuck to that failed VIN until it gets repaired... no matter how long it takes.
Could not agree more. I had to literally plead to be disconnected from the troublesome VIN (built in March and still waiting on fixes). As I noted above, I was disconnected and then reconnected to the same VIN again and had to resend my request. They disconnected it again. They said that the system auto connected me to same VIN because it was still available.

Reactions: StrayTexel
Hey @KidsEyeDr, Did you get your car yet?
Tesla needs to use ultra-low-power-consumption cameras. There are even prototype cameras that are powered by the ambient light. Btw there are also novel imaging technologies that allow for something to the effect of photon vergence mapping.

Google this stuff, Tesla engineers. The power sucking relatively low-res autopilot cameras are not energy-usage optimal! 🥂

Sentry mode should NOT significantly ding the range. /rant.

Tesla needs to use ultra-low-power-consumption cameras. There are even prototype cameras that are powered by the ambient light. Btw there are also novel imaging technologies that allow for something to the effect of photon vergence mapping.

Google this stuff, Tesla engineers. The power sucking relatively low-res autopilot cameras are not energy-usage optimal! 🥂

Sentry mode should NOT significantly ding the range. /rant.
I would bet that their first priority is image and clarity for FSD.

Reactions: StrayTexel

You need to be signed in of course, but once you are, you should see the Like button. Keeping it pressed will offer other reactions.
1652158159490.png

Reactions: rhetoric
Just received a message to schedule MX 7 seat. My est. delivery till yesterday was July. Placed my order in March of 2021. Did anyone take a recent delivery...did you get tilted screen and power frunk... anything else I should check before delivery.....hope my May 16th delivery date will not change...
Power frunk in that one video out there is an after market mod not something tesla has ever done.

Got vinned 4/12/2021 with VIN (NF337XXX). Still no updates and my range of 5 days keeps getting shifted by 1 since 4/12. So 4/12-419 -> 4/13-4/20 -> .... -> Today it's 4/25-4/29.

This is for long range, 6 seater, white on white with 22", no FSD, ordered 4/12/2021. I'm in Bay Area, picking up at fremont.

Texted the 510 # and still saying it's in manufacturing at factory.

Update on my order and wanting some thoughts. I got text and scheduled delivery. Not sure if I want it. the car is 337 and not sure if I should pass on this. My plan is to look at it and go over a checklist while at Fremont delivery center. The car has 37 miles on it, which is more than my last two Tesla with closer to 15-20 Miles.