Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not sure why but it feels like they completely stopped making 6 seat variant for a while (at least for USA) and have been focusing on 5 seaters and Canada. Hope they switch back to 6 seaters asap for all of you folks!
Just now, I got a date range for my Plaid. It’s the third or fourth time I’ve had a date range, so not getting too excited. But, it looks better than “July“ on my dashboard!

Just now, I got a date range for my Plaid. It’s the third or fourth time I’ve had a date range, so not getting too excited. But, it looks better than “July“ on my dashboard!
Unfortunately, no VIN yet. Range is 5/26 - 6/16.
I also got a date range this morning instead of “July”. Same date range 5/26-6/16. No VIN yet.

10. Biggest improvement: The console is much improved in design. I wasn't knocked out by the layout in my original X, the new one is much better. One word of warning: Be careful about laying a driver's license, credit card on the front part of the console as you rearrange your wallet to put your key card somewhere, it can slip forward and fall into an area where there is no retrieving it. Yes, I did that.

I call it that area, the abyss...

I purchased these cushions that fit over the buckle, no more stuff falling into the abyss.

would you describe the cushions or post a link?

Photos please? I can’t visualize this at all. I don’t understand where around the console things might fall into a space that cannot be accessed.
I think the posts above are blending two different problems as shown in the photo below.

Problem area #1 mentioned by @Hephaestus has been around for many years and has frustrated many Tesla owners with disappearing credit cards, etc. The only solution seems to be both aware of the problem and be cautious where you lay things.

Problem area #2 as mentioned by @mobilesuit818 is the area between the seat and the center armrest/console and has been a problem in almost all vehicles since horse and buggy days. A random Amazon solution link is below the photo (I haven't bought or reviewed this, I just linked the first one I found).

1652459074209.png