Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OMG I don’t know where else to turn…

I took delivery about a month ago and there were a variety of minor issues… trim pieces not quite sitting right or with loose adhesive, a slightly bigger than normal gap between hood and lights, one FWD not quite perfectly aligned with the adjacent panel, etc. We wrote it up with the delivery person, they gave me a service appt two weeks away, then pushed it back another two weeks.

I have noticed all this stuff exactly zero times in the intervening month, while falling head over heels in love with the car. Maybe you can see where this is going?

Yesterday I dropped it off for service and not only would they not let me wait for it, they said they’re so backed up it could take four days to finish! And now I’m back to driving an effing minivan because my wife has totally taken over the Model 3! While telling her friends the X is my “midlife crisis mobile”! The nerve! Of Tesla service! Of my wife! What am I supposed to do without the X for another two days? I already wish I had just not bothered to fix anything! Somebody throw me a bone! :)

Anyway, I’m probably not winning any friends among a group of people still waiting for their deliveries, but I can say this: I waited just about a year and it was totally worth it. Hang in there!
You are overdue for an attitude adjustment! 😁

I recommend that you held off on this jubilant email till AFTER you get your X back from the Service Center.... 😁🤣🤣

After getting booted to December 22-April 23, I got assigned a vin today! Order date was early May 2021 5 seater
D19A3AAA-EFBA-456F-BAC0-82EECFBB7557.jpeg

when they assign VINs delivery is usually within a 2 week window... why the heck would they assign a VIN with a car still in the production line?

edit, do you live by the factory?
Except that they do exactly that. I was assigned my VIN a day before the build date.

I happened to inquire about the location of the car the day after my build date, and was notified by Tesla that “it is still in production”.

Last edited:
There are a few Chicago-Area folks around here. @shoveler, I think I saw you and maybe a few other Chicago people were expecting delivery this week? Did you get your cars yet? I am in St. Louis, and I would imagine that if these came by rail to the Midwest, mine would be on the same train. I have a window of 5/30-6/6. I have heard nothing from anyone. 5/30 is Memorial Day, so I doubt I'll see it that day.

Meanwhile, I have called the 888 number twice and have texted someone in TeslaLand (no idea who is on the other end of the texts). No one can give me any indication at all if the car even left the factory. I have read about a number of TMC members who have had some luck getting rough ideas of where their cars are. No such luck here. The text responses are curt and evoke an annoyed tone. And, the first time I called 888, the woman was downright hostile. Like many others have expressed here, I am forking out north of $130k for a car I ordered 1.5 years ago. I deserve to have reasonable questions answered without arrogance or hostility.

Anyhow, hopefully my window holds and I get into this thing some time next week.
Whatever you do or say to them, just make sure they don't cancel your order again at this stage! :eek:

Reactions: jbrowdy
Whatever you do or say to them, just make sure they don't cancel your order again at this stage! :eek:
On the phone call with the woman, I asked her about my second order and during that conversation, she asked if I wanted to cancel my initial order. I almost freaked out. I told her to please not do that and took a few minutes to explain to her what happened to me before. It was crazy.