Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I accepted delivery last night! It was the most rewarding feeling after working on the spreadsheet for so long to mark my name as Delivered :)

I will need to spend a day with it before I can give some more tangible information.. but I wanted to give a quick rundown. Ill post again this weekend.

First off, @icebear1987 I unfortunately did not see your car in the lot.
The Mt. Kisco location has a small physical lot for a high throughput of cars. What I did find interesting was when I found out that my car actually arrived in a railyard in NJ a week ago on 5/18. It sat there for a week before they brought it over to the SC for delivery.

• While doing my inspection, under the drivers seat I found these papers...
    1653568437053.png
    Headliner being the interior wood trim pieces? I am not sure. Everything looked okay though!
  • Delivered with 16 miles on it! Not bad.
    1653568599988.png
  • Maybe it is just where I have my drivers seat located.. but I found the audio to be very heavily weighted towards the front. I needed to balance it back a little bit for a more full sound.
    1653568687470.png
  • I had a few issues at delivery:
    • Paint chip on the front corners of the hood
      • SC brought out a paint fix kit and detailed it right at delivery! After it dried I couldn't tell.
    • Bottom bumper is slightly off white. I am requesting a replacement bumper. More obvious in person and in sunlight.
      1653568793839.png
    • All 4 headrests had weird sticker residue on it. I can't remove it with water.. going to have them address.
      1653568854522.png
    • Passenger seat crease/wrinkles. I am requesting they replace or reupholster.
      1653568893464.png
Other than that all is well! :)

I think there might be a misconception that MX cars need to visit the field before delivery. In a perfect world, they are just like the M3 and MY.. right off the assembly line and into a delivery lot queue.
Untrue. The tents by the side are essentially there for inspections and corrections for the 3/Y (roughly 3:30 of the video). It's just that they separated the S/X to the track area. The question is whether they've been routed to the same area now - probably not, given the deflated tent and gear sitting on the track.

Untrue. The tents by the side are essentially there for inspections and corrections for the 3/Y (roughly 3:30 of the video). It's just that they separated the S/X to the track area. The question is whether they've been routed to the same area now - probably not, given the deflated tent and gear sitting on the track.

Well yes. The data is unclear but my interpretation of that tent is it is for quick fixes to be applied so not to slow down the overall assembly line.

The test track area however housed MS/MX vehicles for weeks to months at a time indicating a larger issue or part shortage.

This is almost sacrilegious to post here, but I’ve gotta say the Rivian SUV back row looks more spacious inside than the X. And keep in mind I’m buying a model X and NOT a Rivian. IMO the Rivian is a breath away from being vaporware. I don’t hate Rivian; in fact it’s the closest thing to a real EV company that I know of after Tesla.

I know the X is more aerodynamic but SUVs are about Utility more than efficiency.

I hope Tesla comes out with a full size SUV someday like a Tahoe/Escalade.

I have an order for an R1S. Really like the look of it inside and out. I may change my mind after I get my MXLR; however, with an EDD of “late 2023” on the R1S I can wait and enjoy the MXLR whenever I finally get it.

I’m also a NC resident and date range is now June-July. I have only dropped FSD since initial order. I thin keeping in touch with a good SA is better than adding or subtracting to our orders But maybe they can help?
With you being in Western NC are you picking up in Charlotte or Raleigh? My SA is great and responds quickly but I don't think he has any insight above what he is told or can read on our order pages.

There are a few Chicago-Area folks around here. @shoveler, I think I saw you and maybe a few other Chicago people were expecting delivery this week? Did you get your cars yet? I am in St. Louis, and I would imagine that if these came by rail to the Midwest, mine would be on the same train. I have a window of 5/30-6/6. I have heard nothing from anyone. 5/30 is Memorial Day, so I doubt I'll see it that day.

Meanwhile, I have called the 888 number twice and have texted someone in TeslaLand (no idea who is on the other end of the texts). No one can give me any indication at all if the car even left the factory. I have read about a number of TMC members who have had some luck getting rough ideas of where their cars are. No such luck here. The text responses are curt and evoke an annoyed tone. And, the first time I called 888, the woman was downright hostile. Like many others have expressed here, I am forking out north of $130k for a car I ordered 1.5 years ago. I deserve to have reasonable questions answered without arrogance or hostility.

Anyhow, hopefully my window holds and I get into this thing some time next week.

I accepted delivery last night! It was the most rewarding feeling after working on the spreadsheet for so long to mark my name as Delivered :)

I will need to spend a day with it before I can give some more tangible information.. but I wanted to give a quick rundown. Ill post again this weekend.

First off, @icebear1987 I unfortunately did not see your car in the lot.
The Mt. Kisco location has a small physical lot for a high throughput of cars. What I did find interesting was when I found out that my car actually arrived in a railyard in NJ a week ago on 5/18. It sat there for a week before they brought it over to the SC for delivery.

• While doing my inspection, under the drivers seat I found these papers...
    View attachment 808929Headliner being the interior wood trim pieces? I am not sure. Everything looked okay though!
  • Delivered with 16 miles on it! Not bad.
    View attachment 808931
  • Maybe it is just where I have my drivers seat located.. but I found the audio to be very heavily weighted towards the front. I needed to balance it back a little bit for a more full sound.
    View attachment 808932
  • I had a few issues at delivery:
    • Paint chip on the front corners of the hood
      • SC brought out a paint fix kit and detailed it right at delivery! After it dried I couldn't tell.
    • Bottom bumper is slightly off white. I am requesting a replacement bumper. More obvious in person and in sunlight.
      View attachment 808933
    • All 4 headrests had weird sticker residue on it. I can't remove it with water.. going to have them address.
      View attachment 808934
    • Passenger seat crease/wrinkles. I am requesting they replace or reupholster.
      View attachment 808935
Other than that all is well! :)
Glad you got the car! Thank you so much for being the custodian of the tracking sheet, it was my biggest source of hope and anticipation management when I was waiting for my car. Enjoy your ride!

There are a few Chicago-Area folks around here. @shoveler, I think I saw you and maybe a few other Chicago people were expecting delivery this week? Did you get your cars yet? I am in St. Louis, and I would imagine that if these came by rail to the Midwest, mine would be on the same train. I have a window of 5/30-6/6. I have heard nothing from anyone. 5/30 is Memorial Day, so I doubt I'll see it that day.

Meanwhile, I have called the 888 number twice and have texted someone in TeslaLand (no idea who is on the other end of the texts). No one can give me any indication at all if the car even left the factory. I have read about a number of TMC members who have had some luck getting rough ideas of where their cars are. No such luck here. The text responses are curt and evoke an annoyed tone. And, the first time I called 888, the woman was downright hostile. Like many others have expressed here, I am forking out north of $130k for a car I ordered 1.5 years ago. I deserve to have reasonable questions answered without arrogance or hostility.

Anyhow, hopefully my window holds and I get into this thing some time next week.
My EDD updated to 5/23-5/29 on Saturday 5/21. On Sunday 5/22, I received a text and an email (which went to my spam folder) with a link to schedule delivery at the Grand SC in Chicago. I called the 888 number on on Tuesday to ask about financing and the Tesla rep (the woman answering my questions was friendly) told me the car was manufactured on 5/11, has 5.3 miles on it, and that it has been in transit since then to Chicago. I asked her if the car had been rejected by a previous VIN holder because I received the VIN so quickly and abruptly after chasing to a Plaid on Friday 5/20 and she said no because it had been in logistics and on a train to Chicago since 5/12.

Reactions: jbrowdy

@jbrowdy my car is in Chicago and I’m taking delivery tomorrow. I’ll probably cruise by later tonight to get a sneak peek!

They do come via freight train for sure, at least to Chicago. When I took delivery on my MYP it was delayed because they couldn’t get a truck to take it from the rail yard to the service center. Due to truck driver shortage.

So anyway, hang in there! The car can get held up in a bunch of different places.

I’ll post pics of my new beauty tomorrow (assuming she really is a beauty).

I have two preorders for R1s, one for a Launch Edition T and another for an Adventure S. The S was a March 7, 2022 (post-price-hike) reservation and both had OC interior configured. When they announced the OC delay I decided to try switching the Adventure S to a T with the black interior. Sure enough it got picked up for fulfillment and should be delivered sometime in June. Now I'll switch the LE T to an LE S for my wife.

After watching this video she's way more excited for the R1S than the Model X, but we're still going to get both and decide which one we want to keep.
I’ve also decided to order an R1S. We’ll see what shows up first, that or my X 😅