Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I think I started the EDD Range yo-yo for the first time. I ordered January 2022 (White/White/LR/20s/FSD) with an original EDD of January 2023. When they did the range shift a week or two ago, I wen to Dec '22 - Mar '23. I knew I was in for the long haul so no big deal there. Yesterday I went to 10/29 - 1/7. I'm not expecting much still at this point but it's progress. I'm fully expecting to drop back to Dec '22 - Mar '23 at the end of Q2, but it was a fun change to see.

Yesterday I think I started the EDD Range yo-yo for the first time. I ordered January 2022 (White/White/LR/20s/FSD) with an original EDD of January 2023. When they did the range shift a week or two ago, I wen to Dec '22 - Mar '23. I knew I was in for the long haul so no big deal there. Yesterday I went to 10/29 - 1/7. I'm not expecting much still at this point but it's progress. I'm fully expecting to drop back to Dec '22 - Mar '23 at the end of Q2, but it was a fun change to see.
Hopefully it will stay in this range or move forward. Most of the really long time orders where placed when Tesla silently halted production of the X. We seem to be passed that and moving forward

Thanks a lot for trying to help. Based on the chat, I feel like it’s either take it or they’ll cancel it situation. I can only hope it will take several weeks to match another vin and deliver the car to the store. Otherwise, I probably have to fly back to pick up the car and and then leave the same day to continue my trip. Luckily it’s a domestic location which allows the feasibility of a crazy same day round trip.
The only problem with this is, Tesla often changes the delivery date, just hours before the appointment. Sometimes to repair damage in shipment, or maybe did not receive it as suggested. I sure wouldn’t bet an airline ticket on getting a precise appointment.

Reactions: jbrowdy and Elixir
Im following this discussion because I put my order on hold yesterday, through the end of June, because of travel plans. I called customer service within a few hours of being vinned and there was no pushback and rep was able to complete the process quickly, including removing vin. She didn’t know of a time limit for the holds but did mention getting flagged if it’s too long. I now have a blue button in my account which says ‘I’m ready’ but I don’t plan to press it until the very end of the month because I don’t want an eoq rush, etc.

Now I’m slightly concerned about getting flagged because my odd is January ‘21 and my price is almost $30k below current. I’d be super bummed to lose this order as there’s no way I could afford this car at the current price. It’s a dilemma because I can’t practically take delivery this month and If I remove hold too soon, I have a feeling I’ll get re-vinned before eoq.

Because your car is in or destined for Chicago, maybe that’s more of a logistical problem for them vs in my case, I can pick up directly from Fremont and I put the hold on almost immediately after receiving vin.

As with many things Tesla, getting flagged and/or canceled probably depends on who you’re dealing with and other unknown circumstances.

Edit: I looked back in thread and saw they warned you about getting flagged. I guess I’ll just accept whatever happens in that case, including taking delivery this month if I really have to.
Hope my order was flagged by mistake rather than a strategic change. I may not be able to revert the flag, but in this case, you and others in the same situation will not get the flag. It will also save me some faith on Tesla.

The only problem with this is, Tesla often changes the delivery date, just hours before the appointment. Sometimes to repair damage in shipment, or maybe did not receive it as suggested. I sure wouldn’t bet an airline ticket on getting a precise appointment.
I have no other options, man. If this really happens, and Tesla still refuses to push back to July because of their own problems, I may be screwed up. I was told they are not going to delay delivery due to small cosmetic issues, they would rather address them afterwards. It’s end of quarter push. The guys in the Chicago store are nice. But this is out of their control.

No it doesn’t. The VIN can be assigned just before the car is built or while the car is still in production.
My experience was different with previous 2 deliveries.
I received VIN 2 days before delivery date for my MX back in 2020.
I received VIN 4 days before delivery date for my MY in 2021.
From this I believed my cars were on route when I got VINs.
It could be different now though.