Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone I have been following this forum for a few weeks now and its very usefull...
I will to share my experience ordering a Model X Plaid.

Ordered on December 2021 a Red Model X Plaid, Black interior, No FSD, 20inch wheels. Canada order.

Few weeks ago i got a May 28th delivery date...then there was a small paint issue during pre-delivery inspection and car needed to go to body shop...Then it became we need to wait longer because they did not have the Red paint in stock and also they needed to repaint and match few sections...I never saw the car so faar it was the service team who went ahead and decided to fix all issue before delivery. Which is very nice of them. While the car was at body shop they unVINed the car from my account VIN339×××.

Also for some reason they could not confirm if it had tilt screen or not...they said maybe it might because it is a april build.

On monday the system rematch me to a new VIN3457×× with a ETA end of june. So i rejected my previous vin and decided to take the new one which was build on June 1 2022 apparently and still at Fremont waiting for transport. It is suppose to have all the new features except matrix head lights.

I hope this new freshly build Model X is in perfect shape...the service manager did warn me that sometimes u can reject a car and get a newer vin but it may be in a worser shape...I honestely dint want a brand new repainted car so i took the chance...lets hope its in perfect condition :).

1 Question guys...How long does it take for a ready to deliver car staying at Fremont before departing for destination? In my case Canada.

Thank you

Honestly, they should know where the car is now, they should already have been told a day to expect the car to arrive, and be able to set up a delivery appointment now for you a couple of days or so later. I can’t believe these SCs handle deliveries so differently. As you’ve been given a narrow EDD that includes today, but the SC has no idea where it is or about its expected arrival, I’d be concerned.

I'm in a similar boat to the person you replied to. Had VIN & date range of next week for a couple weeks now but even as of this morning the X is still "on a train somewhere". I am unable to get a "firm" (really soft) delivery date until it's at the SC which seems to be unknown. I've called them every other day this week and the random on the phone give same info.

I just want to give TSLA some money for my fancy widget...

"Elon Musk’s ‘Super Bad Feeling’ Could Cost 10,000 Tesla Jobs." And now maybe deliveries will get pushed out another couple years. I have a "super real feeling" that they could get rid of all their service advisors since I can read the app and dancing delivery dates as well as they can. I have a "super strong feeling" he should yesterday have hired competent management to run the company he created.
He said it applies to non-production related jobs. Not a big deal most likely.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I'm in a similar boat to the person you replied to. Had VIN & date range of next week for a couple weeks now but even as of this morning the X is still "on a train somewhere". I am unable to get a "firm" (really soft) delivery date until it's at the SC which seems to be unknown. I've called them every other day this week and the random on the phone give same info.

I just want to give TSLA some money for my fancy widget...
OK - too bad it’s so poorly communicated that it’s on a train somewhere but the service center has no idea about delivery of your vehicle. Meanwhile you are given EDD within the next few days.

Alternatively, I’m hoping that I don’t find out on Monday that “it’s not here we don’t know where it is.”

Hi everyone I have been following this forum for a few weeks now and its very usefull...
I will to share my experience ordering a Model X Plaid.

Ordered on December 2021 a Red Model X Plaid, Black interior, No FSD, 20inch wheels. Canada order.

Few weeks ago i got a May 28th delivery date...then there was a small paint issue during pre-delivery inspection and car needed to go to body shop...Then it became we need to wait longer because they did not have the Red paint in stock and also they needed to repaint and match few sections...I never saw the car so faar it was the service team who went ahead and decided to fix all issue before delivery. Which is very nice of them. While the car was at body shop they unVINed the car from my account VIN339×××.

Also for some reason they could not confirm if it had tilt screen or not...they said maybe it might because it is a april build.

On monday the system rematch me to a new VIN3457×× with a ETA end of june. So i rejected my previous vin and decided to take the new one which was build on June 1 2022 apparently and still at Fremont waiting for transport. It is suppose to have all the new features except matrix head lights.

I hope this new freshly build Model X is in perfect shape...the service manager did warn me that sometimes u can reject a car and get a newer vin but it may be in a worser shape...I honestely dint want a brand new repainted car so i took the chance...lets hope its in perfect condition :).

1 Question guys...How long does it take for a ready to deliver car staying at Fremont before departing for destination? In my case Canada.

Thank you
Since you're in Quebec, if it comes the same route as in Ontario via Chicago it's about 2 weeks just to reach the final destination. Add in about a week for the inspections, scheduling delivery and hopefully everything comes out okay.

Note, though, that if it's coming on the back of a truck car carrier, there's usually some damage because Tesla doesn't wrap the vehicles for shipping. You might be in the same boat even with the new one.

I'm in the UK so feel like it could easily be 12-18 months before I get a car if at all.

Thought I would ask this anyway though.

With the recent policy change to allow people to change their order and the keep the price from the time of their order, does this include the ability to change from a Plaid to a LR if you still want to have 7 seats but don't want to pay current pricing?

Since you're in Quebec, if it comes the same route as in Ontario via Chicago it's about 2 weeks just to reach the final destination. Add in about a week for the inspections, scheduling delivery and hopefully everything comes out okay.

Note, though, that if it's coming on the back of a truck car carrier, there's usually some damage because Tesla doesn't wrap the vehicles for shipping. You might be in the same boat even with the new one.
Hey thanks for the reply.

As for the paint issue for the VIN i rejected... they said it had 2 paint drips inside the paint...

Even now, other car companies, although production is constrained and they are dealing with supply chain disruptions, are able to give accurate delivery dates and stick to them.
First, I am not defending Tesla because they can’t give us accurate delivery dates. But your statement is not accurate either. Lucid and Rivian are known for delaying their product and cut back their production target (which definitely delayed a lot of delivery dates). Ford also can’t give accurate delivery date. My friend ordered a Mach E and was promised an April delivery. About 2 weeks before delivery, he was told the delivery would be delayed for at least a month. So, he went on vacation mid April. All of a sudden, Ford called him again while he was on vacation to be ready to pick up the car in a couple of days. He ended up asking me to bring payment to the Ford dealer because they wouldn’t wait until he came back from vacation.

My point is everyone can give you an “accurate” delivery date until it isn’t. I guess that’s why they call it “Estimated” Delivery Date. Unfortunately, for Tesla their estimate is more often wrong than not 😀 But if you wait long enough, it will be accurate some day 😂😂😂

I'm in the UK so feel like it could easily be 12-18 months before I get a car if at all.

Thought I would ask this anyway though.

With the recent policy change to allow people to change their order and the keep the price from the time of their order, does this include the ability to change from a Plaid to a LR if you still want to have 7 seats but don't want to pay current pricing?
I heard that keeping the price modification is only applies to US orders.

I won’t believe it till I see it but got vin’d and have a delivery date and time.

Attachments

• E07E14D2-9052-4056-A994-7BBE89EE7497.jpeg
    E07E14D2-9052-4056-A994-7BBE89EE7497.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 103
Really disappointed. Scheduled for delivery tomorrow at 11AM at St. Louis Delivery Center. Got a call today that car is in Chicago and won't be here by tomorrow. Blamed it on truck driver shortage. Can't get car from rail to delivery center.

Rescheduled to Monday, but I have little confidence in that estimate.

So emblematic of my last 1.5 years....
@jbrowdy I had this exact same thing happen to me with my MYP. Keep the hope! This is a real situation and it took about 2-3 days for it to be resolved for me.

On a related note, while I’m very, very happy with my MXP I have noticed a few additional quality issues that weren’t immediately obvious upon delivery. A piece of loose window trim on my driver’s side FWD and the “Tesla” trim on the rear lift gate wasn’t installed properly. I’m obviously outside of my 100 mile window but hoping they’ll fix these when it goes in for some additional cosmetic tweaks.

Just got a msg from Tesla car will be delivered on June 15... :)