Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I order plaid X in Feb 2022. still waiting
I really feel sorry for you. I wish I could buy you an icecream.
I dont know if the text means a VIN is imminent, but I can attest to the anxiety. Once you make the decision to drop this kind of money on a vehicle, my patience is zero. Looking every 30 minutes for VIN update. Its. Really. Tiring!!!!
Oh yes!!!
And it's because I got third party financing and it's only valid for 30 days. I'd hate to apply again!!

Reactions: BonB
Long time lurker here. Thought to contribute my information to the group.

Received VIN Monday 6/6 (Previously the date changed from April to July, then to end of the year)

7SAXCDE51NF343XXX

Order Date: 06/02/21

Los Angeles, CA MX/ 5 Seat/No FSD

EDD: 6/9 Found out via text and app only.

I know it was discussed previously, but I can’t find the history in the comment.
Can someone let me know if the 120v and 240v charging cable is included with Tesla? I remember reading the 240v is no longer included?

It may be possible for superchargers to compete with destination chargers electric costs as Tesla improves cost of solar power incrementally over time.
Well, the thing is there is no need to compete with destination chargers, even if their cost of electricity is 0. Supercharger are designed for people who want to charge their cars in a short period of time. So it should compete with other fast charging networks. For people not in a hurry and are able to use destination chargers, I think few of them will go to a supercharger just simply because the supercharger is a couple of cents cheaper per kWh. It may only save less than 10 dollars in total but they need to drive the roundtrip and wait there.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Yes, Indiana. It goes by train to Chicago, then trucked to Indy. With those dates, it has to be well on its way. I'll stop by the delivery center and ask. They claim to be able to tell where it is, if I have a VIN
Stopped our local SC/DC today and asked them to look me up. I was told my car had definitely been shipped out, and was offered to set up a delivery appointment for June-21. The SA also told me that lately the cars have generally been coming in on time, sometimes early. But they do not have a precise view while on the train.

I then went over to my chosen wrap shop, and signed up for the Bright Yellow

just got txt from 510 # about trrading in. Does this mean my delivery is NEAR???????
still no VIN yet.

god. I can't help the anxiety !!!
Yes! I talked to the trade-in guy a bit and he said that they don't want to waste time so they only call those customers that will receive cars in 30 days (the trade-in offer is valid for 30 days). And after 14 days of the trade-in call, I got the VIN.

i don't want to get too off topic but i had TOU-D-PRIME, our solar installers recommended to switch to TOU-D-4-9PM. we have 35 panels and no batteries. we have 2 teslas. generally, we only charge one daily but there are days we charge both. i'd say on heavy use we would use around 80+ kWh in a day. otherwise, we are either on negative or under 15kWh daily. monthly, i noticed we are on negative usage except november to february when we have less sun and more cloudy days.

what i see with 4-9 plan is:
Daily Basic Charge: 3 cents per day
Minimum Daily Charge: 35 cents per day
Baseline Credit of 9 cents per kWh on monthly baseline allocation
Example monthly allocation is 200kWh gets you $18 credit on your bill

for PRIME
Daily Basic Charge: 40 cents
Minimum Daily Charge: None
Baseline Credit: None

the rates outside 4-9pm are lower for prime. in my use case, i believe the baseline credit is an advantage because for most of the year, my monthly usage is lower than my monthly allocation (i don't know if it's 200kWh) because it's usually negative. SCE billing is really confusing. all i know is when i was on prime, i would pay about $100 monthly. now switching to TOU4-9 and annual billing i'm at $286, 9 of 12 months. with more sun, i will probably get it close to $0 once my annual bill is due in september.

just wanted to share. we may have different usage but have a look at the other rate plan and if you have solar, i would look at the annual billing instead of monthly.
Great information there! I'll definitely check out that alternate plan. I have neither solar nor any EV's yet. I want to get the Tesla Solar Roof (the one that looks like shingles) but I'm waiting for the price to come down. See below what they're quoting me!

1654638665770.png

Stopped our local SC/DC today and asked them to look me up. I was told my car had definitely been shipped out, and was offered to set up a delivery appointment for June-21. The SA also told me that lately the cars have generally been coming in on time, sometimes early. But they do not have a precise view while on the train.

That is great news. I don’t know how many they are making every day but it’s encouraging yours is already on the way. Perhaps mine will get VIN shortly. Why else would they give EDD this month? Hopefully!

Congrats again! Wow, bright yellow. That’s a first on this forum. Please share photos of before and after!

Porsche Cayenne Diesel, BUT, it costs you a LOT MORE to fill it up than a gas powered version! Have a 2014 that gets 23 around town and around 33-35 on the road, depending on how fast you go. It's SO easy to look down and see your at 90 MPH...
As far as I know Porsche doesn’t make a 6-7 seater Suv. And their new Cayenne Hybrid models gets 21mpg which is awful for a hybrid.

Great information there! I'll definitely check out that alternate plan. I have neither solar nor any EV's yet. I want to get the Tesla Solar Roof (the one that looks like shingles) but I'm waiting for the price to come down. See below what they're quoting me!

View attachment 813879
I doubt the prices for a Solarroof + PWs are going down. Up is more likely. Also, timeframes are pushing out. Currently Tesla Solar is slammed with regular solar plus PWs. Most Solarroofs are being pushed backed considerably.

Thanks for this. This was one of the disappointments for me. I prefer(ed) stalk cruise control/auto pilot
Yeah, I set the auto steer to one click and was like WTF happened? Read double click is the best/only way so you can get both. Didn’t think it’s that big of a deal and have gotten really used to it.

Used FSD beta today on the streets and it’s still cautious/hesitant at times, such as making wide left turns at an intersection, but got me around pretty well. The dash is insane with the amount of information and visuals it gives.