Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have blue May 21 order date still July 22 - Sept 2. Just praying it doesn't move back like some others.
I don't think there's anything wrong with orders with blue color. I think the EDD for those people was not set correctly and was just changed to the correct range - based on the order date, a July 2021 order should have EDD between Sep and Nov.

I ordered on May 4th 2021, white LR, and my EDD is July 18 - August 29.

Reactions: snaccs
6'2 3 owner here that has a '17 X on loan. I'm McLovin the higher seating position. Entery/exit is a tad better. Not mind blowing like when I climb in/fall out like on my Avalanche though.

I sat in a refresh S and it felt no different than the 3, meaning the size and layout differences where negligible.
Personally, I'm moving from an S to an X simply because it'll be easier to get into and out of. Overall, it's not been bad in the S, but overall the X is just a better package when you've got maturing kids and a body that needs a bit more comfort than competition. Even with the suspension raised on the S, it can be a bit of a strain at times.

As of late, I've been using my wife's Y for this reason. If the Y had a better suspension it probably would have been the one I would choose, but I also wanted a bit more space with the family onboard.

Reactions: croman
Curious how much did you pay to get this done? I am thinking of doing the same before my trip down to florida this summer.
I used Sun Stoppers in Stoughton MA. Total was $744.60
They did the full windshield with a 70%. They did a great job!
The side windows are not indicated on the receipt for tint %.

Weeks before, I had someone else install the driver and passenger's side and they did not go low enough down the window with the tint.
I waited the 3-4 days (actually I waited 7 days) before opening/closing the windows but.... as we know the windows move down when doors are opened.
The bottom of the tint keep crinkling up on both windows, so I had Sun Stoppersremove and and installed it correctly.

• Informative
Reactions: ductordoc and JER85
Personally, I'm moving from an S to an X simply because it'll be easier to get into and out of. Overall, it's not been bad in the S, but overall the X is just a better package when you've got maturing kids and a body that needs a bit more comfort than competition. Even with the suspension raised on the S, it can be a bit of a strain at times.

As of late, I've been using my wife's Y for this reason. If the Y had a better suspension it probably would have been the one I would choose, but I also wanted a bit more space with the family onboard.
Cooled seats and an air suspension and the Y would be much more compelling. It would probably hurt X sales a bit.

Revisiting the USB soap opera. Car is XLR Refresh. I picked it up on June 4th. Noticed that the USB sticks had some weirdness. Using the glove box port: when a stick without the TeslaCam folder is inserted the display picks up the USB stick. However, when the TeslaCam folder is installed the USB icon disappears. Drove me crazy. Spoke with a Tesla tech yesterday and was informed that you cannot mix and match media (playlists) with the video clips. Crazy because that's exactly how I did it on the 2018 XLR. He suggested that I use the Tesla stick in the glovebox and something else with media in the center console. I got a 1TB SSD from COSTCO and transferred a lot of my music to it and plugged it in to one of the center console ports (USB-C). USB icon appears and I'm able to play the media. Using the Tesla stick in the glovebox for videos. Everything appears to be OK, but I don't understand why mixing and matching is not allowed. Don't really care for the long-ish USB-C plug because I know I'll throw something into the storage area and snap it off. So I'll look for a relatively small right angle adapter.

Another problem. I use a ferry to get from Bainbridge to Seattle. The metal decking obscures the GPS satellites (obviously) so the position icon stays on Bainbridge while I'm on the ferry. No surprise. On the old XLR just s soon as I cleared the ferry the GPS would get a fix and display the icon properly. Again, no surprise. On the Refresh I noticed that the GPS had no idea where it was as I exited the ferry. Remained that way until I got up the North Seattle. I know that there's a Dead Reckoning capability (minimal) in the system. The wheels can measure distance and the gyro and compass sensors can give an idea of orientation. So the icon showed me driving around Puget Sound. That was a surprise. Did a reboot and the GPS location corrected itself. The technician I spoke with yesterday asked me to send time stamps to him so he could go back into my car's system and check it out. When I got off the ferry yesterday the GPS was still lost. Then after a few minutes it corrected itself. It could be that the LTE module is faulty. We'll see. I'll keep checking....

Hey, gang -

I need an honest assessment from those of you that have operated both the refreshed S and X. I have had a refreshed S for a few weeks and love the quality and the ride. A big improvement over my Model 3. I have an XLR on order (since 4/2021) and have June 27 to July 13 EDD. I’m 6’4” with “creaky” knees, and while I find the S easier to get in and out of than the 3, it’s still a bit low, even with the suspension set to very high. Is the X appreciably higher at the same setting as the S, or is the difference negligible? I really don’t need the SUV (have a truck to haul big things), but my wife wants to make sure that I’m not going to regret keeping the S over the X. I really don’t want to pay for the X just to figure this out and turn around and sell it. Any advice and insight would be appreciated.
Getting in and out of the S, was a real pain. I found the Model 3 is slightly better. But the Model X is in entirely different league as far as driver access. Major improvement. I would never consider another S. Add to that the amazing visibility, and the X becomes a no-brainer IMO

Hey, gang -

I need an honest assessment from those of you that have operated both the refreshed S and X. I have had a refreshed S for a few weeks and love the quality and the ride. A big improvement over my Model 3. I have an XLR on order (since 4/2021) and have June 27 to July 13 EDD. I’m 6’4” with “creaky” knees, and while I find the S easier to get in and out of than the 3, it’s still a bit low, even with the suspension set to very high. Is the X appreciably higher at the same setting as the S, or is the difference negligible? I really don’t need the SUV (have a truck to haul big things), but my wife wants to make sure that I’m not going to regret keeping the S over the X. I really don’t want to pay for the X just to figure this out and turn around and sell it. Any advice and insight would be appreciated.
I am 6.3, yes it is much better than the s , in and out of the car, much easier

I don't think there's anything wrong with orders with blue color. I think the EDD for those people was not set correctly and was just changed to the correct range - based on the order date, a July 2021 order should have EDD between Sep and Nov.

I ordered on May 4th 2021, white LR, and my EDD is July 18 - August 29.
Data point for Team Blue: May 14, 2021 order, blue, 20, 7 seater, FSD, Chicago. EDD: August 1 - September 26 (Uppercase "A" and "S" added today... But EDD has been stable...)

Hi guys, I recently found this forum and wanted to say you guys are truly awesome.

I have a MX LR with an OD of Aug 3, 2021 (MSM, Black, 20", FSD) with a EDD of Nov 1 - Feb 9.

I want to update my interior trim to Cream and Jorge has opened up the "edit design" page for me.

From your experience, would updating anything at this point will delay my delivery even further? Or perhaps expedite it since I"m giving more money to Tesla?

Your two cents would be greatly appreciated!