Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Frustrating... very frustrating..
As European placeholder in this waiting list game, you sit here with changing lottery numbers and plaids as 1 extra number to consume... but we, no even lottery tickets yet.

No edd, nothing, just Teslas we inform you when delivery date blaablaa.. i visit here 2-3 times a week to get even 1 year window when i get my...

You are lucky bastards 🙂

One thing went right, when i decided to move from ice to ev, i did at the same investment on that solar panels and they had harvest to me up to date from january some 51000kwh and i sell prox 70% of that and caused of Putler, electric prices has been 300%
compared to last year

Somebody had asked about coat hooks in the Refresh. I just found ‘em — behind second row. One on each side. And btw third row in the X is really nice.
A001ED9D-5F8F-48CE-BECB-56963E13C343.jpeg

While I think the whole anti-cowhide sentiment is misled, I think it’s good PR and alternate faux leather materials are getting really good. Also, most people don’t care.

Perhaps most importantly, synthetic materials can come in mass-production-facilitating rolls.

Side note: it’s just like the misunderstanding of cow emissions. Grass takes CO2 out of the air, and cows don’t put back more carbon than they eat. More grass grows and takes the same amount of carbon back out of the air. Cows are, at worst, net zero contributors to the current atmospheric CO2.

It’s the carbon that has been stored underground for millennia in coal/oil etc that is adding to current CO2 levels.
I agree mostly. But i’d love to see a link to research on cows being net zero.

This is admittedly WAY off topic but I’m compelled to ensure an accurate understanding of the methane emissions of our very tasty four legged bovine friends. While it’s true that grass scrubs CO2 from the atmosphere, it is not the simple ingestion of said grass that releases the carbon content of that grass. Instead, cows have two stomachs for the specific purpose of breaking down the very tough cellulosic materials they eat. Grass, hay, corn (and not the sweet corn you love!). Instead billions of bacteria are doing this job in the cow gut and the byproduct of those little critters is methane and CO2. In my youth, yes, I’ve raised many a calf so know a thing or two about their inner workings. Now we all know. Time to get back to topic cause it’s UDDERLY ridiculous these EDD wait times! 🐄
When i gaze upon the fine black supple and glistening black vegan leather of the two rows of two captains chairs behind me in their fine elegant adornment, I’m quite happy with these non leather seats, especially the ability to keep them clean over time. Especially since the energy used to raise cows to adulthood to be consumed, emits tons of pollutants unaccounted for in many views on this. To me less is better, unless your hitting the accelerator.

When i gaze upon the fine black supple and glistening black vegan leather of the two rows of two captains chairs behind me in their fine elegant adornment, I’m quite happy with these non leather seats, especially the ability to keep them clean over time. Especially since the energy used to raise cows to adulthood to be consumed, emits tons of pollutants unaccounted for in many views on this. To me less is better, unless your hitting the accelerator.
You mean you gaze upon the black vinyl. It should be against the law to call vinyl, leather. It is what it is, but let’s not fool ourselves. The seats are “fancy” plastic. Nothing beats the look, feel and quality of true leather.

You mean you gaze upon the black vinyl. It should be against the law to call vinyl, leather. It is what it is, but let’s not fool ourselves. The seats are “fancy” plastic. Nothing beats the look, feel and quality of true leather.
I would have to disagree with you on that one. As someone who has had leather in vehicles for over 30 years - the fake leather is not like old vinyl seats. My Model 3 is four years old, and the seats have been more comfortable, easier to maintain and still looks great (even though it's white) I usually keep vehicles 8 to 10 years. Other cars and trucks that I've had with leather look terrible after about 5 or 6 years and need repairs. I do like the smell of new leather in cars, but other than that it's overrated. If tesla had real leather instead of vegan leather of course I would take it. I'm just saying it's a non-issue for me - and I've had both now to compare.

Hi All,

A question for the Refresh Owners: How well does the New Heat Pump
Air Conditioning system perform versus the older A/C ???

Many of us in the old days bought 6 or 7 seat models that we did not
need the extra seats for in order to get the larger Air Conditioning System...

Thank You,

Shawn

PS - Still waiting for August 28-October 23 (2022)

Reactions: Jbapckfan
Hi All,

A question for the Refresh Owners: How well does the New Heat Pump
Air Conditioning system perform versus the older A/C ???

Many of us in the old days bought 6 or 7 seat models that we did not
need the extra seats for in order to get the larger Air Conditioning System...

Thank You,

Shawn

PS - Still waiting for August 28-October 23 (2022)
Would like a review on this too. Can the 3rd row vents be positioned to cool the 2nd row passengers? Noticed on a review the second row vents on the side have been removed.