Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was expecting the fall for my delivery based on everything in the forum here, but in May my EDD got moved up to July 15-August with the last batch update we all got and my SA confirmed it was good (they even said that is what they expected for my order). So when we got within 30 days of the window opening, the SA opened up my trade in and financing and they said it would not have any impacts - I was concerned it would since there was much discussion in this thread earlier that profile completion date can impact EDD as Jorge had even mentioned it to members before. Then after holding the current EDD for over a month, within 12 hours of finalizing my financing, which updated my profile completion date to June, I got a new EDD that is 4-6 months later. This was not part of a larger change in EDD for many of us at the same time as I would experience in the past so it was unique to my reservation. If it occurred 3-4 days after then or part of a larger batch update for us, I would see the two as separate but it seems way way too coincidental. And I may be 100% wrong but I can't get anyone at Tesla to actually check & confirm they are independent. I get the same "supply chain" response and that is what is frustrating me to the point where I think I would prefer to just keep my S and not worry about this EDD any longer as its making it a negative experience.
Yes, don’t worry too much about the ever changing EDD. As discussed so many times in this forum, until you are assigned a VIN, those EDDs mean nothing. Even if you are within 2 weeks of your EDD. If you are assigned a VIN, IMO that’s when you start the next process like financing. Otherwise, don’t even waste your time, or more importantly your sanity.

Congrats on passing the 50% deliveries milestone everyone! 🥳

Dear Forum,
...................................................................................Can someone be so kind as to link me to the check list spreadsheet, otherwise my excitement and the kid in me will just shadow my need to inspect every inch of the car. It is a 6 figure call after all. hahahaa. Thank you again!

See the Delivery Checklist tab at the bottom of the order tracking spreadsheet.

Reactions: Wilbo and lexus26
Anyone in SoCal/West Coast got their delivery date pushed (real date not EDD)? I chose Irvine delivery center. Car supposed to arrive in Irvine yesterday so, they moved my original delivery date from 06/26 to 06/28. Got a text this morning that the car has not arrived and they moved me to 06/30. It's getting close to End-of-Quarter. Just don't want it to be stuck in Freemont at EoQ and they give this VIN away.

"Our system was estimating it to arrive yesterday, but it seems the train yards are congested which has caused our logistics team delays in loading the vehicle onto truck and to our delivery hubs."

Last edited:
Anyone in SoCal/West Coast got their delivery date pushed? I chose Irvine delivery center. Car supposed to arrive in Irvine yesterday so, they moved my original delivery date from 06/26 to 06/28. Got a text this morning that the car has not arrived and they moved me to 06/30. It's getting close to End-of-Quarter. Just don't want it to be stuck in Freemont at EoQ and they give this VIN away.

"Our system was estimating it to arrive yesterday, but it seems the train yards are congested which has caused our logistics team delays in loading the vehicle onto truck and to our delivery hubs."

ours was pushed from tomorrow to the 30th, and ill be surprised if it doesnt get pushed again

Reactions: Thamanrp
Anyone in SoCal/West Coast got their delivery date pushed? I chose Irvine delivery center. Car supposed to arrive in Irvine yesterday so, they moved my original delivery date from 06/26 to 06/28. Got a text this morning that the car has not arrived and they moved me to 06/30. It's getting close to End-of-Quarter. Just don't want it to be stuck in Freemont at EoQ and they give this VIN away.

I'm in San Diego with a 3/29/21 order date. My delivery date is Sept 3 - Oct 29. :(

Reactions: RoBoRaT
Just receive the message

Hi Q, you may have an opportunity to take delivery of a Model X Plaid this month if you are open to different color or wheel options. Check your Tesla Account to see available inventory or reply YES and a Tesla representative will reach out to talk through options.
I saw on the Plaid only forumn that this message had gone out regarding a white Plaid in Indianapolis. I didnt get the text, but I called the SC this morning and that vehicle was, indeed, available. The SA immediately matched it to my reservation and I'm heading to Indy to pick it up Wed or Thur!

Ordered June 2021 6 Seater LR white/white with FSD (WA State), third Telsla. Had the usual bumps Dec 21 to Jan - april 22, then July 22 and then Sept-Dec 22. My dates have finally narrowed but now its a specific date in late Oct to Early December 2022!!

Really feeling upset that this car keeps getting pushed out while others who ordered much later are getting theirs much sooner, even those with less expensive configurations!
March 21 order here, still waiting! I've had the same emotions with newer orders being delivered while I'm still waiting and waiting...

I wouldn't.
The following two items are from the charger manual:

WARNING: Do not forcefully fold or apply pressure to any part of the Wall Connector or damage it with sharp objects.

WARNING: When transporting the Wall Connector, handle with care. Do not subject it to strong force or impact or pull, twist, tangle, drag, or step on the Wall Connector, to prevent damage to it or any component.

followup on our delivery change info; got a call just now that it actually is ready to pickup. we decided to wait until the 30th anyway as that works better for our schedule anyway

edit: has anyone had any pushback on trade-ins for keeping their old mobile charger kit?

Reactions: lexus26
followup on our delivery change info; got a call just now that it actually is ready to pickup. we decided to wait until the 30th anyway as that works better for our schedule anyway

edit: has anyone had any pushback on trade-ins for keeping their old mobile charger kit?
No. I actually kept my original 40-amp UMC from a 2015 lease turn-in, put the old 40 amp unit in my new (at the time) 2018. This time however, my rep said it doesn't matter, I could keep both of them, so that's what I did. The kit for the new version is really compact, so I may carry it instead of the 40-amp unit.

Reactions: -motts-
Missing center caps for now but really like how these turned out 😬

7816D32D-3B6D-4ACE-909B-D339E3FC629D.jpeg

4FF67427-B77A-4B22-9A31-90009EF402CF.jpeg