Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
🤣

I believe new model years for Tesla begin in November usually.

1660265139132.png

So I guess at least the first half of my post was correct :)

I ordered my current Model YLR, white with white interior, FSD, Trailer Hitch, October 3, 2020, received VIN a few days later. Picked it up October 25, 2020 in NC and it was a 2021 year model. So, I think October is the changeover to new model year month.

Can't wait for my XLR, 7 seater, MSM, Black interior, FSD ordered Jan 22. Think it will probably be a 2023.

I wonder if a VIN can be transferred to a different order
"Originally placed MXLR 22/FSD/W/W on May 25, 2021. It was taking too long so I placed another order for same config for a Plaid on April 17, 2022. I wanted to see which one will be ready first and also my wife could take the MXLR if anything. Got a VIN for the Plaid 2wks ago and picking it up on 8/15. Got a VIN for the MXLR yesterday"
This is baffling.
I ordered similar configuration 3 months earlier (Feb 2021) and my EDD is still late October to late December. Can't figure out how they schedule their production.

"Originally placed MXLR 22/FSD/W/W on May 25, 2021. It was taking too long so I placed another order for same config for a Plaid on April 17, 2022. I wanted to see which one will be ready first and also my wife could take the MXLR if anything. Got a VIN for the Plaid 2wks ago and picking it up on 8/15. Got a VIN for the MXLR yesterday"
This is baffling.
I ordered similar configuration 3 months earlier (Feb 2021) and my EDD is still late October to late December. Can't figure out how they schedule their production.
Maybe some of the magical delivery speed pixie dust of the Plaid rubbed off on the MXLR order 🤔😆

I just got my car, and I found this in the frunk.
What is this?
View attachment 839995
That is the Tow hitch receiver. It is installed in the rear off the car when you want to tow a trailer. it normally comes in a black Tesla zipper bag long with a set of keys needed to install it. It is covered in grease and is pretty messy when first removing from its plastic wrap. Which apparently is also missing. If you do not have the keys for it, it is useless and will need to be replaced. Very odd that yours was loose in the frunk.