Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD was Mid August-Sept when I got that "hold, action required" email.

I'm located in Cerritos, which is part of LA county area.
My pick up will be at the newly opened Long Beach SC. I definitely plan on doing a thorough walk through with the delivery checklist.

I wouldn't take too much stock into all these EDD changes, going through similar frustrations.
In hindsight, things started getting more real after they contacted me about a possible trade-in (which I am not doing). Soon after, my date range narrowed to 3 weeks. Then about 2 weeks after that (which felt like a century), I got my VIN. Just my experience at least.

Hang in there! It'll happen soon!
I’m currently listed as pick up at the Marina Del Rey location. Thoughts on switching to Long Beach? It’s definitely farther for me but if it increases the likelihood of me getting a car sooner I’m all for it.

I’m currently listed as pick up at the Marina Del Rey location. Thoughts on switching to Long Beach? It’s definitely farther for me but if it increases the likelihood of me getting a car sooner I’m all for it.
My original scheduled EDD was 9/1, but I just got a call pushing up my date to tomorrow! I don’t know if you’ll necessary get yours sooner by switching delivery centers… but I got mine sooner, for what it’s worth

Reactions: Houpty
I've continued to have issues with the passenger FWD not closing at all, or only closing partially. Does anyone know where the proximity sensors are located? I figured maybe i would at least make sure there was nothing obstructing them.
I don't know where the sensors are, but my doors have acted up a 3 or 4 tines over the years. Doing the FWD reset from the X Resets thread has always cleared it up. You've probably already tried that.

Reactions: stonelance
At the end of long waiting time structure 4680 is on the way but to be expected earliest on somewhere 2023, matrix, who knows when and fsd hw 4.0, who knows when... pockets behind front seats, ticket to spacex moon mission maybe.

Tesla is keeping release dates for good teason very well hidden so it's just to sit and hope

Seems that backlog of plaids start to be almost done, mass of ubdelivered plaids in spreadsheet start from june 2022 with delivery date to september and there is only a handful of older plaid orders. (except European ones)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Evfan0630
Tesla tries to screw everyone that owns one of their cars by insulting them with a "non-negotiable" trade in value well below market trade. I figure they do this to screw you since prices of your vehicle have probably increased by $10k since you ordered. They just make it up be killing you on your trade and selling it for a nice juicy profit.
most purchasers are adults and can make proper financial decisions about trade in and purchases, if you accept an offer you don’t think is fair the problem lies within, I will always offer less for something if I think I can buy it for that, if you Don’t have the mental capacity to decide what’s right and wrong I suggest consulting with a financial advisor prior to any large purchases

Reactions: TJPDX
So doing my trade-in with our old MX75D, if I do a trade-in quote on Tesla.com it gives me a range from $66,400 - $72,700 as of August 28th. But Tesla just gave me an offer of $55,800 on my order page. So weird. KBB shows between $70-75k as fair trade in value.

Anyone else experienced the same? I feel like its not accounting for FSD or somethingView attachment 846181
How many miles are on your 75D?
My 2018 P100D with 43k miles they offered $59k which I thought was ridiculous considering they would turn around and sell it for $95k. CarMax or carvana will likely be getting the sale.

Reactions: TJPDX
What!!!!! My order EDD just jumped from Sept 2-29 to December 2022 to April 2023! April!!! I ordered in June 2021. I hope this might just be a minor computer recalculation that will rapidly readjust. Of course two days ago I contacted Tesla for info on order and they said Sept 2-29. I am distraught. Very distraught. And getting angry.
Ops, Sorry to hear that and welcome to join December club :)
Just keep the current car that you are driving under good maintain and be patient for the waiting...

Reactions: Prairie
I finally took delivery of my LR after two days of delays. Picked it up at the Fremont factory and overall was a pretty good experience. My car had a few panel gaps on the hood and trunk and some trim that didn't look properly installed. The most concerning thing for me was that I was seeing the FWD glass touching the roof spine glass as some here have called out. It was more noticeable on the passenger FWD but not so much on the driver's side. Have folks been able to get SCs to adjust their FWDs in these situations?

PXL_20220828_203702791.jpg
PXL_20220828_203829746.MP.jpg
PXL_20220828_204718067.jpg
PXL_20220828_204951638.jpg

Tesla tries to screw everyone that owns one of their cars by insulting them with a "non-negotiable" trade in value well below market trade. I figure they do this to screw you since prices of your vehicle have probably increased by $10k since you ordered. They just make it up be killing you on your trade and selling it for a nice juicy profit.
In 2018 I got a great quote but seems now they don’t want to be in that biz and it was horrid this time. So I dumped at Carmax down the street for a much better deal.

Driveway - screens car by photos, and then by rep at pick up, rep hands you check.

Cargurus - no remote pre-screen, 2 dudes showed up and drove car away. Check arrived by UPS day before pick-up.

Vroom - no remote pre-screen, sends Vroom - marked flat bed, truck driver takes 4 photos and gives you bill of lading. Payment sent by mail the next day.
I've gotten quotes from CarGurus (by far the lowest), Give Me The VIN, Carvana (the current highest), Driveway, Vroom, Driveo, and TrueCar (though it's not clear whether I'd actually get what TrueCar quoted since it basically refers you to participating local dealers). Still have to take the car into CarMax for a quote and awaiting Tesla's trade-in valuation as well.

I just don't see myself having the time/energy to broker a private sale right now, so I'll likely have to take the least shi**y offer. 😂

Reactions: RoBoRaT and Elixir