Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just an East Coast update to try and help others waiting. Ordered Oct 2021 with an EDD of Oct 2022. EDD went down to 3 weeks from five. EDD was Sept 23rd to Oct 14. It then went to Oct 3 to Oct 24. On Sept 11th I got the trade in text. On Sept 28 I got a one week window and a vin, Oct 15th thru 22nd. Stopped by and talked with S/A and they looked it up. Tesla Model XLR 6 seater was born at 12:02 am on Sept 28th and vin was assigned at 9:10 pm later that day. On Sept 30th received a text saying our Tesla had departed from the factory and to be on the lookout for a delivery message within the next 2 weeks. On Oct 1rst, received a phone call from another S/A confirming no trade in, who's name to put the vehicle in and cash payment. S/A stated once the vehicle arrived in Birmingham it would be inspected for damage and then trucked to Knoxville for another inspection from them. Somewhere between Birmingham and Knoxville we would set up the delivery appointment. Also stated they would open the car up and we could take as long as we wanted to inspect.

Hi All, I am expecting to receive my model x this month which I ordered last year May. I have a question: is FSD worth to get? I have an option to get it at 10k and current market shows 15k.
It depends...
1. On how long you are planning to keep your car...
2. Your willingness or desire to try out new things, FSDbeta etc.
3. Lots of road trips, or mainly city driving
[You can get just the road trip parts, or EAP, for $6,000, which works pretty well]

$10k is probably the lowest price it will be.
Personally, I signed up for it. But you may not to deal the somewhat quirky behavior of FSDb.

Reactions: bmah
I recently upgraded from 6 seater LR to plaid to get early delivery before my lower rate loan expired, and they assigned me a decently old 3359xx vin. I called them and they said the vehicle was "birthed" in March, and has been rejected 3 times. I've been waiting for a vehicle for well over a year, and am pretty disappointed that they're trying to give me a 7-month-old (the rep even confirmed that it does not have the tilting center screen)

I asked about refusing this vehicle and going back into the queue for the next one, but the lady said that there is a chance my order gets canceled because of how old it is. Is this a bluff and they're just trying to stick someone with this car? I tried getting clarification but have been getting semi-ghosted all day.

I recently upgraded from 6 seater LR to plaid to get early delivery before my lower rate loan expired, and they assigned me a decently old 3359xx vin. I called them and they said the vehicle was "birthed" in March, and has been rejected 3 times. I've been waiting for a vehicle for well over a year, and am pretty disappointed that they're trying to give me a 7-month-old (the rep even confirmed that it does not have the tilting center screen)

I asked about refusing this vehicle and going back into the queue for the next one, but the lady said that there is a chance my order gets canceled because of how old it is. Is this a bluff and they're just trying to stick someone with this car? I tried getting clarification but have been getting semi-ghosted all day.
I actually did something along these lines. My contact (Operations Advisor) at the delivery center was nice enough to match me a VIN at their site and showed me the pricing to see if I even want it. I eventually declined and asked to be put back to the LR queue. I got a VIN for the LR July 2021 order the following week, end of September - likely because my order is next/due anyway, and it was EOQ push.

If I were to do again - I would browse the inventory (see link, there are few Plaids in FL) and ask to have one of those VINS instead of the March built X.

Hi All, I am expecting to receive my model x this month which I ordered last year May. I have a question: is FSD worth to get? I have an option to get it at 10k and current market shows 15k.
It’s currently worth about 5k imo. You’re paying for the future potential with no guarantees. I’m pretty sure we will all be regretting the purchase once HW 4 is released if there’s no upgrade path, which I suspect to be the case.

Reactions: tierneyalvin