Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed Model S energy screen - thought it was removed but found a way to access it easier than before

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DayTrippin

Supporting Member
Apr 30, 2021
TX
When I took delivery of my 2022 MS, it annoyed me that there wasn't the energy screen that shows your current consumption, over the past minutes and estimated range based on current consumption. I also liked the feature that showed a more accurate view of my % of charge at the destination of my trip. I used it a lot on my Y and all the time on my 3.

I bought the S more to take trips in and that is when I used it the most on our other cars. I looked through the forum and couldn't find anything about it in the refreshed S and I looked through all the onscreen menus and couldn't find it. Maybe I missed buried in some sub-menu and I'd check each version to see if it was there.

In case you want to use energy, I found a way to get it back. You need to use voice commands to do it. Say "open energy" and it will pop up in the middle of the screen like an afterthought in the UI. You can say "close energy" to get rid of it and go back to the previous screen or I just usually go back to nav and say "open navigation".

Now if they'll just completely implement the raise suspension voice command I'll be even happier. All we get is a recognized command when you say "raise suspension" so there is some hope it might be finished someday.

Got a pic at all?
2D5031B4-6C10-49C1-B3A5-4CC352E7BE50.jpeg

When I took delivery of my 2022 MS, it annoyed me that there wasn't the energy screen that shows your current consumption, over the past minutes and estimated range based on current consumption. I also liked the feature that showed a more accurate view of my % of charge at the destination of my trip. I used it a lot on my Y and all the time on my 3.

I bought the S more to take trips in and that is when I used it the most on our other cars. I looked through the forum and couldn't find anything about it in the refreshed S and I looked through all the onscreen menus and couldn't find it. Maybe I missed buried in some sub-menu and I'd check each version to see if it was there.

In case you want to use energy, I found a way to get it back. You need to use voice commands to do it. Say "open energy" and it will pop up in the middle of the screen like an afterthought in the UI. You can say "close energy" to get rid of it and go back to the previous screen or I just usually go back to nav and say "open navigation".

Now if they'll just completely implement the raise suspension voice command I'll be even happier. All we get is a recognized command when you say "raise suspension" so there is some hope it might be finished someday.
Thanks , So glad to get my energy screen back. Was the one thing I really missed from my 14 S.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I found a way to get it back.
WOW, talk about an Easter egg, great find! I can’t believe it’s sitting there ready without a UI icon to activate. It’s been one of the more significant subtractions with refresh UI. I’m sure we will see ability to add button to app bar. Hopefully a customizable IC and more functional right scroll wheel are next.

PS-a swipe down will close energy app instead of using voice command.

PS-a swipe down will close energy app instead of using voice command.
Yep, but every time I take my hands off the "wheel" and put them back on, I am reminded of the yoke... Don't want to go down the rabbit hole of the whole yoke discussion but that literally is the reason I try and use voice commands as much as possible. I wish there were more.