Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Refreshed" Model S model VIBRATION tracking and information thread!!!

What version of "Refreshed" Model S do you drive?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I’m of the firm belief that all MSPs vibrate to some degree before the TSB, but mileage can often play a factor. My 2021 Plaid didn’t vibrate till 1400 miles, whereas my 2022 vibrated on the way home from Tesla.

In any case, for most, if not all - the vibrations at ~35-50 should be all but eliminated, but the startup vibration (only on 2022-2023 models) will still be there.
I have seen a lot of folks mention the track pack cured their vibration

But not the $20k hole left in thier bank account, as a result of purchasing that option. Hopefully the purchase was not just to address the design defect (vibration) as that would be enabling Tesla…
I'm tempted to get the track pack regardless. I like the wheel size and the improved brakes would be great. I'm tempted to buy used to save $20k, just so then I could more easily justify the extra $20k on the track pack. But, I didn't jump when there was a '21 Plaid with FSD and 21" wheels for $69k nearby, so now I can't justify anything that isn't as good of a deal.

I'm also tempted by this:

$108k and it includes the carbon ceramic brakes already. Plus unlimited mileage warranty until Jan 2027...

My situation is similar to xevolvedx and has been stable for almost 70,000 km since delivery in September 2021. I get a VERY subtle vibration in the 50 - 60 mph range but if I just slightly feather the throttle back and on again it will disappear. It is so minor and in such a small speed range that, until I catch up on this thread, it is out of mind.

I'm tempted to get the track pack regardless. I like the wheel size and the improved brakes would be great. I'm tempted to buy used to save $20k, just so then I could more easily justify the extra $20k on the track pack. But, I didn't jump when there was a '21 Plaid with FSD and 21" wheels for $69k nearby, so now I can't justify anything that isn't as good of a deal.

I'm also tempted by this:

$108k and it includes the carbon ceramic brakes already. Plus unlimited mileage warranty until Jan 2027...
The devil you know, may be better....

The devil you know, may be better....
Yeah, likely. At least I know what to inspect for, after owning one for two years.

Also, a few reviews I watched that compared the Taycan turbo S to the Plaid thought the power and performance aspects of the Plaid were better. And the self driving is much better. And the charging network, and space, etc...

But avoiding Tesla service.... 🤪

Yeah, likely. At least I know what to inspect for, after owning one for two years.

Also, a few reviews I watched that compared the Taycan turbo S to the Plaid thought the power and performance aspects of the Plaid were better. And the self driving is much better. And the charging network, and space, etc...

But avoiding Tesla service.... 🤪
I still think, practicality wise, the Plaid (as flawed as it is) is still a better choice. To each! 🍻