Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Refreshed" Model S model VIBRATION tracking and information thread!!!

What version of "Refreshed" Model S do you drive?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a video online that shows how serious this vibration is? I remember having a tuned Volvo T5 which would wiggle and swerve under heavy acceleration and I could live with it because it was "so much power" ;)
It’s not really something that could be captured in video. Other than the cold start vibration (which does go away quickly), it’s much less than the vibrations you’d get from gunning it in an ICE car. But it feels wrong in an EV for sure.

The latest software greatly reduced it to the point of not being noticeable 97% of the time (IMO). Again, excluding the cold start vibration.

It’s not really something that could be captured in video. Other than the cold start vibration (which does go away quickly), it’s much less than the vibrations you’d get from gunning it in an ICE car. But it feels wrong in an EV for sure.

The latest software greatly reduced it to the point of not being noticeable 97% of the time (IMO). Again, excluding the cold start vibration.
So, you still notice it sometimes.

I have 2,000+ miles on my 2023 MSP 20" square t s p o r t line wheels with the m a c b o o s t shims.
The vibration is sometimes quite severe when driving for the first time in the morning.
It goes away but comes back every now and then not as severe.
If the vibration goes away when you select 100% rear bias, then the problem may definitely be the front half shafts.
Could this vibration, over time, degrade the spline to where it would need replacement just after the warranty period?
The SC says not to worry it's a non issue, but I'm skeptical about that response.

I have 2,000+ miles on my 2023 MSP 20" square t s p o r t line wheels with the m a c b o o s t shims.
The vibration is sometimes quite severe when driving for the first time in the morning.
If the vibration goes away when you select 100% rear bias, then the problem may definitely be the front half shafts.
Could this vibration, over time, degrade the spline to where it would need replacement just after the warranty period?
The SC says not to worry it's a non issue, but I'm skeptical about that response.

Seems like the much touted fix is another half-effort Tesla "beta" implementation.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
It seems like a pretty minor vibration, so I wouldn't worry about it damaging the shafts. I assume they'd be covered under the drivetrain warranty, which is longer. Hopefully..

Reactions: jebinc