Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Refreshed" Model S model VIBRATION tracking and information thread!!!

What version of "Refreshed" Model S do you drive?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are many like me who don’t have a single issue :)

Other than the panel gaps ie which I am sure you’re familiar with on your 2018 :)

I pulled up to a Honda Civic at a street light yesterday and was instantly mesmerized by its tight panel tolerances… something I will never have!
I have what is essentially a 27 YO Civic.

I park it outside the garage so I am never tempted to compare panel gaps.

My LR is almost 2 months old and no vibration, but only 74 miles..

I have what is essentially a 27 YO Civic.

I park it outside the garage so I am never tempted to compare panel gaps.

My LR is almost 2 months old and no vibration, but only 74 miles..
You know, after reading about everyone and their prior Benz/BMW/Porsche ownership experiences on the Model S forum, I used to think I have the most crappy prior-to-Model S car w/ my 18 yr old manual transmission Accord DX. You sir now beat me for that title.

Yeah, sounds like a tire imbalance to me.
Currently at the service center now. Noticed the “vibration” when I drove the vehicle home upon pick up. Thought it wasn’t “broken in” yet. Issue has been happening for the last couple months. Had the wheels balanced last week at discount tire and the issue is still present. We shall see.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc and WilliamG
Currently at the service center now. Noticed the “vibration” when I drove the vehicle home upon pick up. Thought it wasn’t “broken in” yet. Issue has been happening for the last couple months. Had the wheels balanced last week at discount tire and the issue is still present. We shall see.
Please let us all know what they say; hopefully not, “normal”…

Reached out to service today to see if there are any updates on this vibration issue since my VIN is tied to the open case they have on it. Unfortunately, there are no updates from Tesla on the case in terms of a permanent solution.

Reached out to service today to see if there are any updates on this vibration issue since my VIN is tied to the open case they have on it. Unfortunately, there are no updates from Tesla on the case in terms of a permanent solution.
Is anyone surprised by this? Five years from now, as was the case with shutter issue on the last gen, we will get the same, “we are aware… we are working on it… no updates…. It’s normal, you SoB…”

Hi

My MSLR just started vibrating about three days ago. Most frequently occuring when I give a little bit of acceleration in the 33-45 mph range. I feel it in the yoke, pedal, and floor.

I also have a fairly low hum/vibration (sort of like a growl) that happens when applying low to moderate acceleration when already traveling 50-65mph. It definitely sounds like a "bad thing" but accelerating through does not hinder any performance.

Nothing out of the ordinary has happened while driving my car. I just reached 4600 miles. The issue was NOT present before this weekend's road trip, so I was about 3800 miles vibration free.

I'll check track mode with full rear bias tomorrow.

Hi

My MSLR just started vibrating about three days ago. Most frequently occuring when I give a little bit of acceleration in the 33-45 mph range. I feel it in the yoke, pedal, and floor.

I also have a fairly low hum/vibration (sort of like a growl) that happens when applying low to moderate acceleration when already traveling 50-65mph. It definitely sounds like a "bad thing" but accelerating through does not hinder any performance.

Nothing out of the ordinary has happened while driving my car. I just reached 4600 miles. The issue was NOT present before this weekend's road trip, so I was about 3800 miles vibration free.

Yep sounds like my car, though mine started at about 100 miles, if that. Track Mode with full rear bias should solve it completely, though be very careful not to gun it at this setting as you can lose the car pretty quickly if you’re not careful.

• Helpful
Reactions: Eclipso and jebinc
Hi

+1 This is almost 100% to what’s happening on my MSLR 2022 March build date. The vibrations at 38-41 mph which folks are describing in this thread and the hum/growl at 64-70 mph for me. Started at around 3600 miles.