Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Refreshed" Model S model VIBRATION tracking and information thread!!!

What version of "Refreshed" Model S do you drive?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to hear. Mine started around 3,000 miles. Some cars never get it. Others get it right away. Try driving in low, between 40 and 50 mph and very lightly accelerate. You'd feel it in the yoke. Also, check for vibration at 80 mph in the yoke.

Do you have ultrasound? I'm afraid of getting a new one and losing ultrasound.
No, ultrasonic radar is gone as of January I believe. Hardware 4 teardowns have confirmed there’s an HD radar unit in the front bumper that currently doesn’t do anything. It’s Tesla, so nothing is a guarantee, but when/if they enable it in future software it should return the radar accuracy we used to have. No idea if there is one in the rear. Haven’t seen anything about that. As it is today, the HW4 Tesla vision isn’t horrible but it clearly would be better with radar.

No, ultrasonic radar is gone as of January I believe. Hardware 4 teardowns have confirmed there’s an HD radar unit in the front bumper that currently doesn’t do anything. It’s Tesla, so nothing is a guarantee, but when/if they enable it in future software it should return the radar accuracy we used to have. No idea if there is one in the rear. Haven’t seen anything about that. As it is today, the HW4 Tesla vision isn’t horrible but it clearly would be better with radar.
Clearly!

To each… Enjoy the new ride!
Definitely enjoying the Ride.
Picked it up today from PPF installer.
Drove it around 150 miles today.
A bit around town and then to the Oregon Coast on HWY 26 - Fun drive.
Didn’t get it over 102.
No vibration.
Definitely a better build than my Sept, 2021 Plaid which had wind noise issues. Mostly fixed.
So far, I haven’t found a single imperfection.

Ultra Red is Brilliant!
IMG_8810.jpeg

Definitely enjoying the Ride.
Picked it up today from PPF installer.
Drove it around 150 miles today.
A bit around town and then to the Oregon Coast on HWY 26 - Fun drive.
Didn’t get it over 102.
No vibration.
Definitely a better build than my Sept, 2021 Plaid which had wind noise issues. Mostly fixed.
So far, I haven’t found a single imperfection.

Ultra Red is Brilliant!
View attachment 967728
Ultra Red really looks fanbloodytastic.

What testing? You really think they tested anything? They had a bug that the console cubby light turned off when you opened the lid and turned on when you closed the lid.
That was an odd one because it only affected some cars and not others, and for some cars it was 85% right and 15% wrong. My 2021 was 85% right (I can't even remember what the 15% was), and my 2022 is 100% right. I only found out my 2021 was 85% right because I took a video of how my 2021 behaved, and my 2022 was that much better. Lol Tesla.

FSD Beta not good either?
Sadly, no. After two years in the beta program it’s a very unpredictable/unreliable L2 system (more so, non highway driving). Quite stressful around town as you just never know when it will try to kill you. High variability in performance from drive to drive, even on the same route. Of course, Elon pronounces (for the last two years) that every upcoming release is “mind-blowing”….

Yeah, “mind-blowing,” that after two years we are still getting junk for our money. And, to add insult to injury, we beta testers are six months behind the production firmware release levels. Yup, “mind-blowing,” indeed…

Sadly, no. After two years in the beta program it’s a very unpredictable/unreliable L2 system (more so, non highway driving). Quite stressful around town as you just never know when it will try to kill you. High variability in performance from drive to drive, even on the same route. Of course, Elon pronounces (for the last two years) that every upcoming release is “mind-blowing”….

Yeah, “mind-blowing,” that after two years we are still getting junk for our money. And, to add insult to injury, we beta testers are six months behind the production firmware release levels. Yup, “mind-blowing,” indeed…
Agreed, although it is a lot better than regular AP on the highway now. I don't have it make any turns, just drive straight. Definitely not worth $10k, but the improved performance on the highway compared to AP is worth something to me.