Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Refreshed" Model S model VIBRATION tracking and information thread!!!

What version of "Refreshed" Model S do you drive?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Progress! It's no longer "Within spec" but now deemed "Normal"

:oops:
Within spec / normal should be stated by Tesla before we buy the cars new.

Having issues for 10 years in a car model and not fixing them at latest when producing a upgrade (like Palladium etc) is strange and selling them without telling before and then call it normal ehen the customer discovers it is not very nice in my eyes.

Is it bad enough to make one seriously re-consider a new Plaid purchase? I'm a heavy commuter, not a track warrior.
No. The startup vibration is annoying, but goes away really quickly. I see it akin to how most ICE cars usually run a bit rougher on cold starts. Not something that should happen to an EV, but I can accept it as a cost of having 1000hp.

The other vibration is much more minor and since the 2023.44 update much more difficult to notice.

The one that would be a deal breaker IMO is the constant 80+ mph vibration that some have had. I don’t think a root cause has been identified yet. But thankfully mine doesn’t have that.

Reactions: TBrownTX
No. The startup vibration is annoying, but goes away really quickly. I see it akin to how most ICE cars usually run a bit rougher on cold starts. Not something that should happen to an EV, but I can accept it as a cost of having 1000hp.

The other vibration is much more minor and since the 2023.44 update much more difficult to notice.

The one that would be a deal breaker IMO is the constant 80+ mph vibration that some have had. I don’t think a root cause has been identified yet. But thankfully mine doesn’t have that.
Cool. I don't even travel a >80mph on a consistent basis.

Reactions: aerodyne

Strangely, 2023.44 doesn't solve the constant vibration on my 2024, so I'm guessing they didn't apply it to the 2024 models. I just bought a set of lowering links to reduce the vibration.

Strangely, 2023.44 doesn't solve the constant vibration on my 2024, so I'm guessing they didn't apply it to the 2024 models. I just bought a set of lowering links to reduce the vibration.
I’m sure it was applied to the 2024 as well, it’s just that it doesn’t work as well on some cars as it does on others. On my 2022 car, as soon as I applied the update, the vibration was completely gone. And then over time (weeks), it just came back, inexplicably. it’s always there, now, though it might be slightly less bad than it was before the update. Either way, I think Tesla still has some work to do here.