Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed MS LR/Plaid Firmware status

What version are you currently running?

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • 2021.12.25.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • 2021.24.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other; please specify below

Votes: 39 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys, this is ... Wow. I pulled over to share this.

Let me start by saying - this is 100% NOT active noise cancelling. I understand why they renamed it ARNR instead of ANC. It is not going to completely silence the cabin.

Okay, with that out of the way, it works! There was a period (about 5 minutes/3 miles of driving out of the neighborhood) where the ARNR had to calibrate.

After calibration, it works. Stated it was "optimized for front passengers" and toggling on and off, it is clear there is a noise reduction. It's hard to describe - but it's there. Kind of like a reduction in the tire rolling sound.

I took a video. The video doesn't pick up the subtle change for me in the driver's seat. I can share the video (DM me) but the video will not do it justice. You'll just see me toggle ARNR on and off.

That said, I was excited for this update, and now I know why Tesla renamed it. It's NOT ANC, but it is absolutely ARNR, and it works.

Note: I'm not in the FSD Beta

Tagging some that asked about this specifically:

@jebinc @WilliamG @2021plaid
@MP3Mike @Tigers @asimo3089 @RobK @Zaker89 @GrnSqrl
Awesome, thank you for the deets! Looking forward to us FSD-ers getting this, soon!

Let me start by saying - this is 100% NOT active noise cancelling. I understand why they renamed it ARNR instead of ANC. It is not going to completely silence the cabin.

Okay, with that out of the way, it works! There was a period (about 5 minutes/3 miles of driving out of the neighborhood) where the ARNR had to calibrate.

After calibration, it works. Stated it was "optimized for front passengers" and toggling on and off, it is clear there is a noise reduction. It's hard to describe - but it's there. Kind of like a reduction in the tire rolling sound.

I took a video. The video doesn't pick up the subtle change for me in the driver's seat. I can share the video (DM me) but the video will not do it justice. You'll just see me toggle ARNR on and off.

That said, I was excited for this update, and now I know why Tesla renamed it. It's NOT ANC, but it is absolutely ARNR, and it works.

Hell yeah baby!!!!!! Yes!!!! Let's go!!!

Is this meaningful on the highway etc? I can’t really tell from your post if you really like this feature or if it’s just “okay.”

Is this meaningful on the highway etc? I can’t really tell from your post if you really like this feature or if it’s just “okay.”
I really like it. I was trying to temper some expectations because it was originally named ANC, and if you go into it thinking it will be at the level of true ANC, you will be disappointed. But, as ARNR and with that in mind, it does a great job (to my ears) of filtering/suppressing/reducing road noise. There will absolutely be those with more discerning ears that think it's not good, but you can't please everyone.

I really like it - on the highway and surface streets alike, it worked for me.

Last edited:
I really like it. I was trying to temper some expectations because it was originally named ANC, and if you go into it thinking it will be at the level of true ANC, you will be disappointed. But, as ARNR and with that in mind, it does a great job (to my ears) of filter/suppressing/reducing road noise. There will absolutely be those with more discerning ears that think it's not good, but you can't please everyone.

Will it prevent me from hearing my mother in law in the back seat? (Please say yes!)

I really like it. I was trying to temper some expectations because it was originally named ANC, and if you go into it thinking it will be at the level of true ANC, you will be disappointed. But, as ARNR and with that in mind, it does a great job (to my ears) of filtering/suppressing/reducing road noise. There will absolutely be those with more discerning ears that think it's not good, but you can't please everyone.

Thank you for the feedback. I’ll be patient until this arrives for those of us with FSD!

Please upload that short video to Youtube if you don't mind or DM me with it :). For some reason when I click your profile to DM you I get a 404?

I am extremely excited about this update! I am glad it's finally here. I really really want my car now! Thanks for the info!

Wonder why Tesla has not yet "pushed" the SW to us? I have toggled the SW switch on my car couple of times. Waiting impatiently.
Me too; still on 2021.36.5.1 and a bit frustrated that I haven't seen any s/w updates in the past couple weeks being pushed to my car when I know my s/w is several versions behind the latest update...wtf? 😒