Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed MS LR/Plaid Firmware status

What version are you currently running?

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • 2021.12.25.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • 2021.24.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other; please specify below

Votes: 39 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car updated a few days ago and the ARNR defaults to ON. I didn’t even know I had it until after reading this thread and I ran out to my garage and checked. It is that imperceptible of a difference in sound reduction.

Of course I’m biased from using it everyday at work in cushy Bose headsets that reduce about 100db of sound when ANC is turned on. Maybe Tesla can sell headphones to plug into the headrest and we can all drive around in total sound isolation.

I found the ARNR under Audio settings. Not sure when this appeared. I have attached a pic. I do not have FSD or on EAP. I will have to take the car out to see how it calibrates. The music volume in the car goes up as I drive faster. I will have to see how the ARNR works if no music is playing.

Attachments

• ARNR.jpg
    ARNR.jpg
    374.8 KB · Views: 67
And this remains true this morning. Just reports of people getting it, but no reports of people using it!
Here are my observations when I took the car out for a short trip. Let me preface it by saying that as a 71 year young man my hearing is not as acute as Mr. Spock's. Perhaps someone with a sound meter can give factual information so that it is just not a placebo effect.

It took some time for ARNR to calibrate. Once it was done calibrating it displayed a message that the front headrests are optimized for noise reduction. I turned the ARNR button couple of time and I felt that it made a difference. I did observe that once ARNR was active the music volume did not go up as I went faster as before.

Would love to hear from other people especially those who drive on highway.

I found the ARNR under Audio settings. Not sure when this appeared. I have attached a pic. I do not have FSD or on EAP. I will have to take the car out to see how it calibrates. The music volume in the car goes up as I drive faster. I will have to see how the ARNR works if no music is playing.
Interesting. I’m running 2021.44.5 with no FSD or EAP, and I still don’t have ARNR

As an aside, I was at the local SC today and was speaking with the manager. She said the vision cars are not receiving nearly the same number of updates as radar cars. They are still struggling with the vision cars.
That is interesting. I thought that most of the Model 3 & Y built this year have only "Tesla vision". Not sure why but 2021 MS-LR and Plaid still have "Tesla Vision" and Radar.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
As an aside, I was at the local SC today and was speaking with the manager. She said the vision cars are not receiving nearly the same number of updates as radar cars. They are still struggling with the vision cars.
And when did managers start knowing nearly as much as users here? Last I knew they just made stuff up to keep customers happy.