Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed MS LR/Plaid Firmware status

What version are you currently running?

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • 2021.12.25.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • 2021.24.x (Please specify "x" below)

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other; please specify below

Votes: 39 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. The map updates are decoupled from Firmware updates due to the size of the map file. The maps will be downloaded without user input.

+3 here, I've been on 2022.4 since Tuesday and sitting 99% of the week in the garage with strong WiFi and >100Mbps symmetrical microwave internet, but not dice on the new maps - still rocking the 2020.48-12628 map version.

Last edited:
can anyone kindly let me know what’s new in the “new” maps? I haven’t received the update yet, but curious to know what has changed
I am assuming that the newer map update will show the new roads or areas constructed since the previous map. This might be useful in areas that has had lot of new construction, housing developments, stores etc. For most of us it should be fairly transparent.

It would be useful if the Tesla APP can display the current Map version on our phones. It would be wonderful if it could "push" notification when a new Map update has been installed on the car.

The new "Charge Stat" in Tesla APP 4.5.1 is useful as it shows the cost of charging your car at home and at the SC, on a monthly basis. In Johnson County, KS where we live Evergy (our electric utility provider) gives us the option to subscribe to Time Of Day pricing. The electricity rate from midnight to 6:00 AM is currently $0.013/KWH. The cost of charging my car is like $3 to $4, which is great. The only time I worry about gas prices is during summer when I have to buy fuel for my gas guzzling Deere lawn tractor!

Hey, all. Has anyone else been experiencing very sporadic link to satellite radio/streaming? Seems it’s gotten worse for me with recent sw updates. Almost every time I get in car, I get the spinning wheel while it searches for signal. This can last for many minutes and sometimes doesn’t even clear for duration of short trip. I had my LR in to replace airbag last week and listed the issue on my service ticket. The response from the SvC was “this is a known issue “. Well, it’s been an issue since I picked up at the end of August! Will it ever be fixed? Apologies if this is not the right thread. TIA.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Hey, all. Has anyone else been experiencing very sporadic link to satellite radio/streaming? Seems it’s gotten worse for me with recent sw updates. Almost every time I get in car, I get the spinning wheel while it searches for signal. This can last for many minutes and sometimes doesn’t even clear for duration of short trip. I had my LR in to replace airbag last week and listed the issue on my service ticket. The response from the SvC was “this is a known issue “. Well, it’s been an issue since I picked up at the end of August! Will it ever be fixed? Apologies if this is not the right thread. TIA.
I had the same issue in my last Model S as well, specifically with Slacker (or whatever it is called). I found that if I skip to the next songs (maybe have to press skip two or three times), it seems to kick things in gear. I believe it is an issue transitioning from WiFi (house) to LTE, because I do not think I have ever had the issue with purely LTE starting off.

I had the same issue in my last Model S as well, specifically with Slacker (or whatever it is called). I found that if I skip to the next songs (maybe have to press skip two or three times), it seems to kick things in gear. I believe it is an issue transitioning from WiFi (house) to LTE, because I do not think I have ever had the issue with purely LTE starting off.
Thanks. That makes sense for streaming. I’ll try that next time. I just got the spinning wheel coming out of Walmart today, too, so sounds like it’s not limited to Wi-Fi to LTE transition in my case.

Any suggestions for SiriusXM?

I just got a new 2022 model s long range. Had my first software update last night. It failed because it wanted me to turn off sentry mode first. I did that and it then "updated" the software from version 2021.44.30.7 to 2021.43.101.1. I clearly don't understand the version numbers because this sounds like it went backwards to me. I thought it meant the year, the week, then the patch numbers. If so, I went from the 44th week of 2021 the the 43rd week of 2021. Can anyone shed some light on how the version numbers work?

I just got a new 2022 model s long range. Had my first software update last night. It failed because it wanted me to turn off sentry mode first. I did that and it then "updated" the software from version 2021.44.30.7 to 2021.43.101.1. I clearly don't understand the version numbers because this sounds like it went backwards to me. I thought it meant the year, the week, then the patch numbers. If so, I went from the 44th week of 2021 the the 43rd week of 2021. Can anyone shed some light on how the version numbers work?
2021.43.101.1 sounds like factory firmware. I suspect that it will re-update soon with a newer version. Be sure that you have advanced selected as your software update preference.

New deliveries are typically on a factory firmware hold for 2-4 weeks. The later version you saw could be the one that’s pending. The “downgrade” behavior is strange regardless, but give it some time and you will leapfrog to a current version when Tesla is ready to branch. Could take awhile!

New deliveries are typically on a factory firmware hold for 2-4 weeks. The later version you saw could be the one that’s pending. The “downgrade” behavior is strange regardless, but give it some time and you will leapfrog to a current version when Tesla is ready to branch. Could take awhile!
Many new MS have updated software immediately upon delivery, recently.

My car updated from factory firmware 5 minutes after I took delivery. Next day, the Christmas update.

Not sure if this practice was a "December special", though.

C'mon guys. I looked all over for "MAPS" and found none. I do, however, have a 'Nav Data' which does get updated. If you mean 'nav data, then why can't you just say 'nav data'? There are a lot of things we don't know about our Teslas, but why try to confuse the issue even more by using the incorrect termonology? Just saying.........

The later version is the one that was installed and active in the car when I picked it up. It had the active road noise reduction feature that I turned on before leaving the delivery center. Once it "upgraded" that feature was gone.

I think this recall explains the situation: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2022/RCLRPT-22V045-3599.PDF

Firmware release 2021.43.101.1 or 2022.4.5 or a later release will correct the software error, so that the audible seat belt reminder chime will reset if it is interrupted while chiming.

New vehicles will not be delivered to customers without 2021.43.101.1 or 2022.4.5 or a later release.