Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regulators approve release of Advanced Summon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you using Autopilot on the streets? Highways are fine for me, you aren't supposed to use autopilot on the streets.

You can realistically use it everywhere that AP can be activated as long as 1) it seems like an appropriate road to use it on, 2) you’re paying full attention and 3) you remember that it currently can’t handle stop signs, yields or traffic lights. I’ve used it plenty of times on local roads since the version 9 update and it usually handles things pretty well.

LOL. What you mean "we", kemo sabe? (That's a Lone Ranger reference for those unfamiliar with Golden Age American television)

The *only* cars capable of whatever Smart Summon ends up being (one presumes it will resemble the parking efforts seen in the 12/2016 video that used AP1/MobilEye tech) will be that subset with AP2.5 or better. The last 1.5 years' worth of cars starting in about June/July of 2017, and of course this year's 350,000 cars and beyond. All other Teslas are out of luck. No "Smart Summon" for you/me.

LOL. What you mean "we", kemo sabe? (That's a Lone Ranger reference for those unfamiliar with Golden Age American television)

The *only* cars capable of whatever Smart Summon ends up being (one presumes it will resemble the parking efforts seen in the 12/2016 video that used AP1/MobilEye tech) will be that subset with AP2.5 or better. The last 1.5 years' worth of cars starting in about June/July of 2017, and of course this year's 350,000 cars and beyond. All other Teslas are out of luck. No "Smart Summon" for you/me.

You do realize this thread is in the Model 3 forum, right? We (Model 3 owners) will all be capable of getting Advanced Summon.

Reactions: carrtmannnn
Are you using Autopilot on the streets? Highways are fine for me, you aren't supposed to use autopilot on the streets.
Definitely not, only ever on the highway (otherwise Navigate on Autopilot wouldn't be active anyway). I'm specifically talking about Navigate on Autopilot (regular Autopilot is fine). When I'm on 95N going to the Pike traveling in the farthest right lane with Navigate on Autopilot, the car signals itself and begins to pull into the exit and as soon as the tires cross over into the exit lane it tries to veer right toward the guardrail. This also happens on the Pike West going to 95 (don't get me started on the wide banking turn where the lines disappear) or pretty much every exit. The car also loves to suggest lane change when cars are in blind spots. Will be interesting to see what happens when the confirmation is no longer needed.

Is advanced summons only for Full Self Driving or is it available for Enhanced Auto Pilot too?
In the past, Summon is only available if you purchased Auto Pilot. I think that @TaoJones is correct in his post #16 above: Advanced Summon will only be available in cars that have Auto Pilot V2.5 hardware (which is all Model 3s) and where the EAP option has been purchased.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones