Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rejected MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most (and majority) of Tesla owners are not a car enthusiasts. we are tech savvy, financially comfortable, virtue signaling group of people focusing on every single micro details of the problems, but not focusing on the driving dynamics and experience (which is awesome by the way).
OP mentioned being placed back in line when he/she rejected the car, but I am not sure that is true. When I picked up my car, both Tesla customer service and delivery center people told me that if you reject the delivery, your order will get cancelled period. There was no going to the back of the line and wait option.

Just came back from the dealer. To start, it's a bit crazy right now. Tons of cars, Tons of people. Couldn't even find a parking spot for my wife's car. They had the car ready to show, but there were issues with door alignment, frunk alignment and back alignment. The biggest issue was the front passenger side door didn't close unless you slammed it.

I was given the option of taking the car, noting all of the issues and scheduling maintenance in two weeks, or rejecting and going back into the pool for a car. Interesting note, I was told that they measure alignment and if they are within 2mm they are within spec.

I really wanted to take the car, but the worst decisions I have made are the ones where I convince myself to do something and ignore the issues before me.

I told them to fix the issues and I would take the car, but I would be rejecting it the way it was. Now I have a bunch of cash in my bank account. As I once said to a vendor "I have money. I would like to give you my money. make it easy for me to give you my money"

Sorry I don't have pictures, it was raining and not great for looking at the car, or taking pictures.
Good choice. Trust your gutt. They will have another car for you within 4 weeks. I was blinded by my shiny tesla & did not notice my car’s rather significant door & liftgate misalignments but luckily Tesla sent car to well rated local body shop & they fixed everything.

Anytime time I buy a Tesla, I go over it with a fine toothed comb. I always find something wrong, always have accepted delivery and they take care of the issue. (I’m on my 5th Tesla btw).

But funny enough, in between those 5 Teslas, I’ve gotten two Chevys, a BMW, an Audi, a Lexus and some Porsches, but never bothered to inspect any of those. For all I know they’re 2mm off also. I just never looked.

Something strange about the Tesla fan base for sure. I happily post on Porsche and BMW forums and nobody complains about anything on those forums (delivery cosmetics related)

Which is quite peculiar, because one of my Porsches is a new 911 Targa that squeaks like crazy being full leather and having an intricate moving top glass. But I live with it because on the backroads it’s a dream.

It’s almost as if we’ve been conditioned to care so deeply about these gaps.

88N7102-8-inch-20cm-fine-adj-caliper-f-01.jpg

old school...