Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's actually 7 potential heated seats. I'm not at the early stage of graphical representation. I'm already finished with it. I'd have to slice up the graphics even further to represent all 7 seats. It'll take me time to restructure my interface to fit the 7 seats, but I can add your request.

HVAC graphic is represented in the bottom-left corner with a "wind" symbol.

OK all makes sense, wasn't asking for it to be done, more trying to add all elements that COULD be shown while you were building.

All good for me

A giant orange unlock graphic if the car is unlocked. Nothing if the car is locked.

There's actually 7 potential heated seats. I'm not at the early stage of graphical representation. I'm already finished with it. I'd have to slice up the graphics even further to represent all 7 seats. It'll take me time to restructure my interface to fit the 7 seats, but I can add your request.

HVAC graphic is represented in the bottom-left corner with a "wind" symbol.

Hi Allen,

I have the exec seats on my new car and understood that TESLA will eventually release a version of the app letting me switch on the seat and seat back heaters of these seats. If you are putting Epoch's request on q request list please do not forget this consideration for the exec back seats

thanks for a great app and I do not even have my watch yet!! :)

I love the 1.1 app, can't wait for the 2.0!
Don't know if it has been asked already: I do not have the sunroof, will the v2.0 keep that into account?

Yes.

Hi Allen,

I have the exec seats on my new car and understood that TESLA will eventually release a version of the app letting me switch on the seat and seat back heaters of these seats. If you are putting Epoch's request on q request list please do not forget this consideration for the exec back seats

thanks for a great app and I do not even have my watch yet!! :)

If Tesla comes out with any new API commands, I'll try to add it to my app.

Hi regoapps,
Thanks for this great work! I just got my AppleWatch yesterday, and really like the appearance and functionality there. I had already been using the iPhone app, and found that I often use it now in place of the standard Tesla app.

I would request that you consider that many of us are a bit on the greying side, and our eyes are not what they once were. Please keep the type sizes reasonably readable.

I also find the map displays on the control screens of the iPhone app distracting. I would prefer a layout with just the controls and more spacing to prevent accidentally hitting the wrong control. Hope you are looking at that in 2.0.

Thanks again!

- - - Updated - - -

PS: It seems that the car responds to your app faster than Tesla's. Is that my imagination, or is there a basis for that?

- - - Updated - - -

PPS: Just donated to your young friend's college fund. What a great thing to mentor this person!

Don't know if this is posted or already covered but on the screen that you swipe up on Apple Watch (without launching app) is it possible to have the HVAC on button there? HVAC is probably the number one thing people use app for so a one click access would be great. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi regoapps,
Thanks for this great work! I just got my AppleWatch yesterday, and really like the appearance and functionality there. I had already been using the iPhone app, and found that I often use it now in place of the standard Tesla app.

I would request that you consider that many of us are a bit on the greying side, and our eyes are not what they once were. Please keep the type sizes reasonably readable.

I also find the map displays on the control screens of the iPhone app distracting. I would prefer a layout with just the controls and more spacing to prevent accidentally hitting the wrong control. Hope you are looking at that in 2.0.

Thanks again!

- - - Updated - - -

PS: It seems that the car responds to your app faster than Tesla's. Is that my imagination, or is there a basis for that?

- - - Updated - - -

PPS: Just donated to your young friend's college fund. What a great thing to mentor this person!

For the small font, if you're referring to the iPhone app, I made the fonts bigger in Remote S 2.0. As for the Apple Watch, I can try to make the fonts bigger, but there really isn't much space on that small screen. I'll try my best to make it bigger.

In version 2.0, the control screens are hidden in the menu button and will show/hide when you press the top-left button. However, in version 1.x, you can hide the controls already, by pressing the top-left button, and it will only display the map and stats.

It's not your imagination; my app is faster than Tesla's app. The basis is that I coded my app to take advantage of caching, multi-threading, clever algorithms, and taking advantage of what Tesla's API/Apple software can handle. One of the main reasons why I coded this app was that I wasn't satisfied with the slow spinning car loading icon in Tesla's official app. It's not necessary, and my app proves that.

And thanks for the very generous donation to my friend's college fund! Your donation accounts for 1/3 of the donations collected for the past 2 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know if this is posed or or already covered but on the screen that you swipe up on Apple Watch (without launching app) is it possible to have the HVAC on button there? HVAC is probably the number one thing people use app for so a one click access would be great. Thanks.

No. That's what's called a "Glance". Apple doesn't let us put any buttons in a Glance. It is strictly for presenting information, and if the user wants to do any interaction, they must tap it and open the app. I have something planned that would make a one-click access possible, but let me finish up Remote S 2.0 first, because it requires the completion of Remote S 2.0 first.

This is only my opinion, but some requests seem superfluous. I mean do we really need a graphical representation for all our heated seats on a watch/phone app? Just reminding people that it seems Allen has to do a lot of work for some of these requests. I understand we all paid for the app, but we're not ordering tapas here; a real person, who has medical problems is working under a time restraint. Hopefully people are considering this....
This is only my opinion, and I don't want to hijack this thread, so take it for what it is.

This is only my opinion, but some requests seem superfluous. I mean do we really need a graphical representation for all our heated seats on a watch/phone app? Just reminding people that it seems Allen has to do a lot of work for some of these requests. I understand we all paid for the app, but we're not ordering tapas here; a real person, who has medical problems is working under a time restraint. Hopefully people are considering this....
This is only my opinion, and I don't want to hijack this thread, so take it for what it is.

Completely agree on the sentiment, the work done to date speaks for itself.

I'd got caught up in the n'th degree of remote car control and representation, based on the level of work already shown.

The entusiasum shown by Allen on feedback/input lead development is rare and should be respected, not abused.

Just tracked my Watch shipment and saw that it was on a Delivery truck to come today!
In celebration i downloaded the app.
It's really attractive, very professional....even though I haven't actually used it I already know it's got the form/function thing down pat.
Love the way you can see everything useful on one screen as opposed to the Tesla app.
Personally think it's worth the $9.99 even without a watch! Bravo.

I gave her your $500 yesterday in person, because I'm back in my old hometown house for a few weeks to say hi/goodbye to my childhood friends. Tears came out of her eyes when I told her what had happened. The truth is that the donations stopped coming in about two years ago as did the ad revenue from the YouTube video. So this came as a surprise to her. She always refuses any attempt by me to give her money out of my own pockets. But your donation as well as the donation of another person on this forum gives me a chance to give her some of my money as well. Since I'm not a non-profit charity, the money will be taxed at 40-50%. But I pay the taxes/paypal fees on the donation out of my own pocket and give her 100% of the donation. She will be using the money to buy her organic chemistry textbooks for the next semester.

Thanks, mdevp. I always enjoyed your supportive and understanding posts.

Completely agree on the sentiment, the work done to date speaks for itself.

I'd got caught up in the n'th degree of remote car control and representation, based on the level of work already shown.

The entusiasum shown by Allen on feedback/input lead development is rare and should be respected, not abused.

It is no problem. I appreciate all feedback and take everything into consideration.

Just tracked my Watch shipment and saw that it was on a Delivery truck to come today!
In celebration i downloaded the app.
It's really attractive, very professional....even though I haven't actually used it I already know it's got the form/function thing down pat.
Love the way you can see everything useful on one screen as opposed to the Tesla app.
Personally think it's worth the $9.99 even without a watch! Bravo.

Glad that you like the app.

Rego, once again, wonderful app!

I have a question for you, I apologize if this has been addressed, I did not find it.
Is there a way, or will there be in 2.0, to handle multiple vehicles?

In the native app, you can switch between vehicles. We just got our second, and I could not find how to switch vehicles?

Thanks!!

Rego, once again, wonderful app!

I have a question for you, I apologize if this has been addressed, I did not find it.
Is there a way, or will there be in 2.0, to handle multiple vehicles?

In the native app, you can switch between vehicles. We just got our second, and I could not find how to switch vehicles?

Thanks!!

If you tap the top-right button on the iOS device, there should be a scrollable list of your vehicles. Please confirm that it works, because I don't have two Teslas to test whether this works or not.

Thanks again for the great app. Sorry if it's already been asked but do you have an ETA for when you think you'll be able to submit 2.0? When you do submit you think you could post the changelog in this thread?

Best!

No ETA, but my surgery is in 2 weeks, and I'm also working on a keyboard app concurrently. I'm hoping to finish all my work before the surgery, so I can just focus on recovery, which will take months.

Yea, I'll post a changelog here when I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.