Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Allen, at the risk of sounding Jobsian, only include the features in your Remote S app that YOU think are best. It's wonderful that you listen to input from forum members, but we all have different likes and dislikes. Seems to me people are starting to request special features that are specific to them. At some point, the app just becomes too busy and difficult to use. Don't get me wrong -- some options are great, but some are, pardon the pun, too remote. Stay on the course you have set.

/rant off

Allen, is there any way to add an ability to have multiple "Tesla Accounts" in the app. I run a business with Teslas and would love to not have to log in and out every time.

Pls advise

Is the issue having to enter your email address and password each time you log in? If so, I'm in the middle of adding a new feature to my custom keyboard app that lets you auto-fill login info, so that you can login to your different accounts with just a few taps. I'm sure that there are apps that already exists that let you do this, but I'm not sure which ones. I don't have plans on adding a feature that lets you log into multiple Tesla accounts at the same time. That seems like a very very specific feature request that would take me a while to create, because it would mean changing a lot of different things to make that work. Sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Allen, at the risk of sounding Jobsian, only include the features in your Remote S app that YOU think are best. It's wonderful that you listen to input from forum members, but we all have different likes and dislikes. Seems to me people are starting to request special features that are specific to them. At some point, the app just becomes too busy and difficult to use. Don't get me wrong -- some options are great, but some are, pardon the pun, too remote. Stay on the course you have set.

/rant off
I agree. I've fulfilled specific requests before like the ability to disable command keys to allow family members to monitor your car's GPS location without allowing them to control your Tesla. But I no longer have the luxury of time when most of my day is consumed by physical therapy and resting.

I'm going to give priority to the features that get requested the most: background scheduling and voice control are on the top of my todo list. I also have other nice features in mind that I don't want to disclose yet. I don't want to over promise; I rather over deliver.

p.s. Also there seems to be a large request for an Android version. Let's see how fast I can learn Java and Android while under narcotics :biggrin:

Is the issue having to enter your email address and password each time you log in? If so, I'm in the middle of adding a new feature to my custom keyboard app that lets you auto-fill login info, so that you can login to your different accounts with just a few taps. I'm sure that there are apps that already exists that let you do this, but I'm not sure which ones. I don't have plans on adding a feature that lets you log into multiple Tesla accounts at the same time. That seems like a very very specific feature request that would take me a while to create, because it would mean changing a lot of different things to make that work. Sorry.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Not a problem.

Having the auto-fill login info would be a great option, I didn't realise that there would be a lot of changes required, I thought it could just run as a concurrent account connection.

I've been having a few issues with Swype under iOS 9 Public Beta (2), do you know if your keyboard has any imcompatibilities? I'd be happy to give it a try if its already in the app store.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Not a problem.

Having the auto-fill login info would be a great option, I didn't realise that there would be a lot of changes required, I thought it could just run as a concurrent account connection.

I've been having a few issues with Swype under iOS 9 Public Beta (2), do you know if your keyboard has any imcompatibilities? I'd be happy to give it a try if its already in the app store.

The keyboard app that I'm speaking of is available in the store now, but doesn't have the feature I was talking about yet. I'll post a link to the app when the app's updated and has the feature. The company that will release it is called BriefKey.

Just downloaded the app and logged inn with my username and password. I cant connect. Just says connecting and nothing happens.. Whats wrong? The official app works just fine...

I get into the app and then it wont connect to the car it seems...

Also I have two cars, how can I switch between them?

Just downloaded the app and logged inn with my username and password. I cant connect. Just says connecting and nothing happens.. Whats wrong? The official app works just fine...

I get into the app and then it wont connect to the car it seems...

Also I have two cars, how can I switch between them?

Try signing out and signing back in. You might have to reset your MyTesla password. To sign out, open the commands menu by pressing the top left button, and then press the button that looks like a car with circular arrows around them. That's also the same button to switch cars.

p.s. Also there seems to be a large request for an Android version. Let's see how fast I can learn Java and Android while under narcotics :biggrin:

Wow!

This is the best news I've heard in quite a while! Thanks!

For most developers this would mean the app might be ready in six to nine months, if we're lucky. With you, I'm half-expecting to see a polished app next week! (I'm kidding, I'm kidding!)

Seriously, though, this is really great news for about half the Tesla community that uses Android phones, but not iOS. Thanks! And good luck!

Is there any way to turn off the map view and only show the bottom view of the car with the stats? When driving I really dont need to see on the map where I am (cause I usually already know) [emoji39]
That would be a great feature[emoji106]

Is there any way to turn off the map view and only show the bottom view of the car with the stats? When driving I really dont need to see on the map where I am (cause I usually already know) [emoji39]
That would be a great feature[emoji106]
If you're not aware, the map also keeps track of your car for cool trip statistics at the end of your drive. But you can turn off all map features and only have the map remain still (think of it as a background wallpaper). To do so, bring up the car stats and turn off the command menu. You should see three blue buttons in the top middle. Turn off the left and right buttons (make them not blue). This should stop bread crumb tracking as well as stop following your car around. Besides that, there's no non-map view (yet). I say yet, because I am working on something similar to what you are requesting :) stay tuned.

If you're not aware, the map also keeps track of your car for cool trip statistics at the end of your drive. But you can turn off all map features and only have the map remain still (think of it as a background wallpaper). To do so, bring up the car stats and turn off the command menu. You should see three blue buttons in the top middle. Turn off the left and right buttons (make them not blue). This should stop bread crumb tracking as well as stop following your car around. Besides that, there's no non-map view (yet). I say yet, because I am working on something similar to what you are requesting :) stay tuned.

P. S. For the past two months a patent attorney has been patent trolling me with this app. A few days ago, he asked Apple to remove my Tesla app from the App Store unless I pay him millions in licensing fees. My lawyer says that the patent troll has no case. But if anyone is on the fence about getting the app, now might be a good time to get it in the very very small chance that the patent troll wins and then I have to jack up the price of the app to pay off the royalty fees he's asking for for allegedly using his patent. Will post more info about it when this ordeal is over.

Ok I'll check that out:)

Hopefully things will work out with that moron screwing with this cool app![emoji106]

Btw. Best wishes for your recovery![emoji2]

If you're not aware, the map also keeps track of your car for cool trip statistics at the end of your drive. But you can turn off all map features and only have the map remain still (think of it as a background wallpaper). To do so, bring up the car stats and turn off the command menu. You should see three blue buttons in the top middle. Turn off the left and right buttons (make them not blue). This should stop bread crumb tracking as well as stop following your car around. Besides that, there's no non-map view (yet). I say yet, because I am working on something similar to what you are requesting :) stay tuned.P. S. For the past two months a patent attorney has been patent trolling me with this app. A few days ago, he asked Apple to remove my Tesla app from the App Store unless I pay him millions in licensing fees. My lawyer says that the patent troll has no case. But if anyone is on the fence about getting the app, now might be a good time to get it in the very very small chance that the patent troll wins and then I have to jack up the price of the app to pay off the royalty fees he's asking for for allegedly using his patent. Will post more info about it when this ordeal is over.
I take delivery next week, but this post got me to DL the app right away. Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully the troll doesn't get his way, and that you get to keep what you worked hard for.

/rant off
^^Agree 100%. Glad your doing well Allen! I hope you are one of those guys whose recovery is way ahead of expectations.

^^Agree 100%. Glad your doing well Allen! I hope you are one of those guys whose recovery is way ahead of expectations.
^^ Agree as well. The app already has some amazing features - some of which I forget how to activate because I forget where the hotspots are on the screen. You've really outdone yourself here. It handles so many useful things.

One question that I've had for some time is this. Is there a way to reset the breadcrumbs? To remove what's been stored? I notice that I have probably hundreds that fall onto my home on the map. When I go on an actual trip I'd love to use them, but when running errands not so much.

I've turned off the blue breadcrumb highlighted button at the top already. Thanks again!

^^ Agree as well. The app already has some amazing features - some of which I forget how to activate because I forget where the hotspots are on the screen. You've really outdone yourself here. It handles so many useful things.

One question that I've had for some time is this. Is there a way to reset the breadcrumbs? To remove what's been stored? I notice that I have probably hundreds that fall onto my home on the map. When I go on an actual trip I'd love to use them, but when running errands not so much.

I've turned off the blue breadcrumb highlighted button at the top already. Thanks again!

Press the map button on the top right. A white circle button should appear in the middle left. Press it and the trip computer should appear in the bottom. Then press the red trash can to delete all breadcrumbs. And if you turned off breadcrumbs, it shouldn't place another one ever again until you turn it back on.

Press the map button on the top right. A white circle button should appear in the middle left. Press it and the trip computer should appear in the bottom. Then press the red trash can to delete all breadcrumbs. And if you turned off breadcrumbs, it shouldn't place another one ever again until you turn it back on.

Allen, are all the functions of your iOS (non-watch) app documented somewhere so that non-intuitive commands are better understood? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.