Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big big ups to Allen on such an awesome app! I bought it as soon as I drove my Tesla home to try it out. Love all the detailed info and how geeky it gets, and I like the breadcrumb feature (not that other people often drive my car, but it's a bit of peace of mind when I drop it off for cleaning/detailing).

One comment that I have though is that when compared to Tesla's app, Remote S has a steeper of a learning curve. It wasn't very obvious what each of the buttons did. A bit too cluttered maybe? Also - and this may be a personal thing, but I find Tesla's app to be "prettier" - big colorful graphics showing my car and the battery/charge state. I think maybe because Tesla's app split the information into five or six "screens", they could afford to do it? The perfect combination for me would be the pretty Tesla graphics and icons, combined with all the geeky info of Allen's app.

Oh - and your watch app is awesome. Can't wait to see what you do with Watch OS 2! Best of luck in your recovery!
Agree completely. If I just want to check my SOC, especially at night in bed, I always go for the Tesla App, because I can easly see the large graphics.

Funny conversation today. I was showing a friend my Apple Watch app. He always wants to give me grief about my tech addiction. His sarcastic response was "So I guess next you will be able to just talk to your watch and control the car." I laughed and said "Yes, that's the next update". I'm looking forward to showing off to him after ver 3.

Funny conversation today. I was showing a friend my Apple Watch app. He always wants to give me grief about my tech addiction. His sarcastic response was "So I guess next you will be able to just talk to your watch and control the car." I laughed and said "Yes, that's the next update". I'm looking forward to showing off to him after ver 3.

Hate to disappoint you, but it actually wouldn't be possible in version 3.0. It requires a separate app to do what I've shown in the YouTube video since Siri's API is not open yet on the Apple Watch. Whether Apple will approve of my workaround or not is another issue. But I do have plans on adding voice control to the iOS app, which does allow users to use the mic.

Hate to disappoint you, but it actually wouldn't be possible in version 3.0. It requires a separate app to do what I've shown in the YouTube video since Siri's API is not open yet on the Apple Watch. Whether Apple will approve of my workaround or not is another issue. But I do have plans on adding voice control to the iOS app, which does allow users to use the mic.

Oh well! I'll just have to use the phone. It is so tough to have to exert the energy to remove it from my pocket(to be read in the sarcastic tone of voice of your choice). Hopefully the watch work-around might make it through?

On another topic, in the last few days my app on the watch has had trouble connecting. Is there something going on new with the Tesla servers? Two days ago, I actually had to uninstall the app from my watch and then reinstall. It seemed to work for a while, but today I am experiencing problems again (on the Watch, when I tap on the app symbol, I periodically get the screen with "Remote S" and the never ending circling dashes showing the app is loading, but it never loads).

Oh well! I'll just have to use the phone. It is so tough to have to exert the energy to remove it from my pocket(to be read in the sarcastic tone of voice of your choice). Hopefully the watch work-around might make it through?

On another topic, in the last few days my app on the watch has had trouble connecting. Is there something going on new with the Tesla servers? Two days ago, I actually had to uninstall the app from my watch and then reinstall. It seemed to work for a while, but today I am experiencing problems again (on the Watch, when I tap on the app symbol, I periodically get the screen with "Remote S" and the never ending circling dashes showing the app is loading, but it never loads).

There's a lot of reasons why that could be happening, so:

The next time the Apple Watch app has trouble connecting, check to see if the Remote S app on the iPhone has trouble connecting. If it has no trouble connecting, then there's probably an issue with your device/bluetooth connection rather than the app. If the Remote S app on the iPhone has trouble connecting, then try the official Tesla app and see if it has trouble connecting. If so, then it's a server issue. If not, there are ways to troubleshoot the app, such as signing off and on again, changing the refresh rate to something slower than every 5 seconds, etc.

Just wanted to throw out there my support for the app! It's amazing how much better this app is than the official Tesla app (and my review of the official Tesla app says as much). I was hesitant initially to pay the $10, but it's now completely replaced my use of Tesla's app. Can't wait for the next version and hopefully the ability to schedule the climate control to come on at a specified time.

The only thing I can't seem to figure out is how to get the app to display the screen at the end of a drive that shows the total trip info, money saved, etc? Is that an upcoming feature or something I just haven't figured out?

Also, any particular reason this thread isn't a sticky?

Just wanted to throw out there my support for the app! It's amazing how much better this app is than the official Tesla app (and my review of the official Tesla app says as much). I was hesitant initially to pay the $10, but it's now completely replaced my use of Tesla's app. Can't wait for the next version and hopefully the ability to schedule the climate control to come on at a specified time.

The only thing I can't seem to figure out is how to get the app to display the screen at the end of a drive that shows the total trip info, money saved, etc? Is that an upcoming feature or something I just haven't figured out?

Also, any particular reason this thread isn't a sticky?

Yeah... why isn't​ this thread a sticky?

Status
Not open for further replies.