Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you said that there was issues with frequency of updates but I would still like to see the app be able to support complications. I would like to be able to display SoC and plugged in status combined into one complication that I would use on the Modular watch face.

Does anyone else have an issue on the iPhone that selecting the app when it's been used but isn't foreground causes it to exit as it moves to the foreground? Restart and it runs fine.

only started happening since the most recent iOS release 9.1

Yea, started happening to me after updating to iOS 9.1 as well. I haven't pinpointed what the cause of it was yet, because it happens randomly. Try turning off background app refresh in your settings for Remote S, if you have it on, and see if that fixes it. Or let me know if you had it off already.

- - - Updated - - -

I know you said that there was issues with frequency of updates but I would still like to see the app be able to support complications. I would like to be able to display SoC and plugged in status combined into one complication that I would use on the Modular watch face.

Even if the SoC and plug in status only updates once or twice a day? I'm worried that users will be deceived by the outdated data and then blame me for it later on.

Even if the SoC and plug in status only updates once or twice a day? I'm worried that users will be deceived by the outdated data and then blame me for it later on.
Surely you can update more like once an hour. I use the third party Wunderground complication for weather instead of Apple's weather complication and it updates fairly frequently. MLB At Bat also has a complication for real time baseball scores so it updates every few minutes.

I´ve just recently started having some issues with the Remote S app when starting the climate control function. I press "start climate" and it seems to start the climate control in the car. However when the "updating -vin-" refreshes the climate control still says "start climate" instead of "stop climate". Seems like the app doesnt recognize that the climate control is on even though it is (checked with the official app and it is turned on).
Seems like a bug and I´m not able to see the fan speed displayed as a result... What´s going on?

Any updates on the app? Maybe some bug fixes, if not any new features? I know there have been some big set backs, but this was a relatively expensive app and it's unfortunate to see it go so long now without an update.

Yea, I'm going to update the app with some bug fixes shortly. Just finished up three projects of mine for the past few months. I have one more app to update, and then I should be able to work on Remote S after that.

I'm sorry, guys. The still pending lawsuit and now ITC complaint on this app has been really stressing me out, and is preventing me from adding the big features I had planned for it. The legal fees for just having a patent lawyer review the case and respond to the ITC complaint was $15,000 already, which is coming out of my pocket. I had maybe $300 in donations to help fight the case. I appreciate everyone who helped out by the way. The person trying to sue me asked me if I wanted to settle for around $40,000. With the legal fees and settlement fees, it'd mean that I'd lose tens of thousands of dollars out of my own pockets for making this app. I haven't decided if I want to settle yet. If the case goes to trial, I don't even know what my legal fees would be to fight a patent case. It left a large lump in my throat when I looked up the estimates.

I'm still unable to walk without aid. My legs have a lot of muscle atrophy, so it's been getting painful to just move my legs around. On top of that, my long term girlfriend of several years broke up with me. Sorry for spewing my personal problems here. Perhaps it'd give a little insight on why I've hit a roadblock. I love this app a lot and want to work on it further. There's just so much one person can take and sacrifice in such a short time span and at my age. I'm trying to hang in there, though. I'm trying my best.

You guys have been very supportive of me during these difficult times of mine, and I am very very grateful for it. I promise to get that bug-fix update out soon.

I'm still unable to walk without aid. My legs have a lot of muscle atrophy, so it's been getting painful to just move my legs around. On top of that, my long term girlfriend of several years broke up with me. Sorry for spewing my personal problems here. Perhaps it'd give a little insight on why I've hit a roadblock. I love this app a lot and want to work on it further. There's just so much one person can take and sacrifice in such a short time span and at my age. I'm trying to hang in there, though. I'm trying my best.

No need to apologize, Allen. The things you have going on would have an impact on anyone.

Hang in there!

Hang in there Allen. Quick question. Is there any way to use the app with two Teslas (my wife just bought a CPO)?

Hi jacobp,

Are both teslas in the same account? If so there is a little icon with arrows circling around the car in the top right of the screen which allows you to switch between cars.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450541513.355956.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.